News Vaccine stance a major sticking point for Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have TPJ and don't need another strike second rower. Vaughan has a 1 year contract and if Thompson was moved on we'd desperately need a quality prop. Maybe if TPJ played middle it'd work but Kikau's price tag's going to be huge and we all know we need to spend in the spine.
We wont need his money for the spine in 2023

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We wont need his money for the spine in 2023
We need 1.5-2m for a quality hooker and fullback unless we find a diamond in the rough (not holding my breathe). We need all the money we can get.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let Thompson go and replace him with who? I want to see how he goes with better players around him
If he doesn't get vaccinated he wont be allowed to leave nsw which will make him awful value for money. He already gets suspended too much. For his price id want him playing at least 80% of games.

Its not a question about his talent. Like Foran had plenty of talent but only playing half the games made him more a hindrance than anything

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He has a few days to decide.

Imagine he refuses. Gets the sack. And we get 850k back into the cap.
First order of business should be a call to Adam Elliott’s manager and a grovelling apology, Fam. Namaste.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure how you can make this claim unless you have seen his full employment contract? If your employment contract requires you to submit to drug tests then if you don't you breach the contract and will be potentially subject to sactions specified in the contract. I have had many employment contracts that have not specified a requirement to be drug tested at the request of the employer.
Sorry, but if he plays sport in AUS he can be tested under WADA or ASADA rules or in the case of rugby league, NRLs rules. Remember.... his contract is registered with the NRL. His employer contract with the club can be silent, but that doesnt mean the NRL or ASADA cant test him.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure the contract would have certain clauses that can allow the club,to act in situations like this,I’d hate to see him go,and as an ativaxer myself,I see his point of view and the clubs,hopefully they can both come to an agreement on this and it’s not allowed to drag on

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is disappointing, Thommo comes across as more intelligent than this.
Maybe he is but got a feeling his Mrs isn't.

Each to their own I say and fair play for standing up for your beliefs. Can't knock him for that and no one should.

Got a feeling he simply wants to go home and this is his get out card. He'll still get paid a chunk of his salary I imagine and gets to go home and start up a family.

So be it. Just hope there's enough time for us to sign up another top player like him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t know, but he can’t get on an aeroplane to go to the UK without getting vaccinated or a proper medical exemption.

Always a Bulldog
They're not at this stage, but as you say it'd be very challenging getting there I'm the first place.

And with Europe entering winter the conditions are only going to get worse, especially for the UK which is experiencing a massive spoke etc.

Strange career choice all round in all honesty as, on paper at least, he'll have to be vaccinated wherever he goes

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This smells of an NRL problem created by "Mr policy on the run and you dont get a say V'landys" who claims to be black and white and then offers up his wishy washy no real stance on vax for the NRL. Piss weak managment leaving it to the clubs that will bite them on the arse and Luke Thompson could be a prime example..

My theory on Thomo is simple, I like him a lot but how many front or back rowers are there on $850K or more and of them how many are better than Thompson? If I take my sick of losing goggles off I dont think Thomo is value at $850k especially with Vaughn and TPJ coming into the pack, but if we did move him on what can we buy for the money?

As for his stance, NSW is on track for maybe 95% double vax. When do we stop making allowances for the dead set minoritys...?

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Thommo catches Covid and recovers then the whole vax thing will go away because they don’t vax you if you’re Covid positive. Then he’s got natural immunity so good as vaxxed if not better.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Interesting how it will pan out.... I work in the construction industry and work for a major company, wetravel to different towns every fortnight.... We were told by them they will not make vaccination mandatory for us workers but.... If not being vaccinated restricts our capacity to fulfill our work commitments then we will be classed as unfit for duties.....

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Thommo doesn't want to get vaccinated then he should be sacked (or moved on without us paying a cent)....as simple as that. He's already not giving us value for money when he spends half the season on the sidelines though suspensions. Now he'll miss our interstate games because of this shit. No thanks. No vax, no play

To me the worry isn't Thommo but JAC. If he doesn't get vaxxed then we have a real problem because we need him on and off the field

If we sack Thommo and we sign Brooks, then Gus and Baz deserve to be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.