Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Came here expecting a conservative shit fit, was not disappointed. Labor minority government on the way. Suck it up fellas, wiser heads have prevailed.
The sooner people wake up to the false divide of left v right, the sooner you will realise they replaced horse shit with pig shit.

When nothing changes or gets worse, just suck it up.

PS I wouldn't call the average useless eater a "wiser head".

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
That's the key problem here. Regardless if you believe that climate change is an issue, or if you just absorbed every piece of propaganda fossil fuel companies fed you and believed it without criticism, the issue is still a major economic one for us.

Fossil fuels are being phased out. Which means that Australian coal is dropping in price. Fortunately we have some of the best terrain and potential for a new energy economy. But unfortunately the Australian government refuses to invest in converting us to the new energy economy.

We could dominate the energy market but instead we're sticking with coal as it slowly destroys our economy.

Fortunately it seems like people are starting to switch on to the issue and more are voting for independents that aim to address the problem.
I disagree to a point - yeah the burn shit brigade had their say but the boffins didn't do a great job. Climate change became an excuse to nob funding and the issue (and consequences) weren't done at a level of appropriate rigour or communicated well. But that issue of rigour and comms is still around today.

These things are all flow on effects. Average science leads to average support leads to average govt commitment. And here we are today. Could of have been 25 years ahead of the game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So many butt hurt Murdoch ass sniffing scum crying on nein it's glorious
Not that I pay attention, but how are the networks affiliated in Australia?

Nein is right wing?
ABC left wing?
What about the rest of the scumbags?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks mate. All good. I was not arguing whether climate change is real - that is a separate huge discussion. I was just saying we should take personal responsibility for fixing it if we believe in it. This so called “industry” you refer to - this is not something on another planet we can blame - “industry” is also us! It’s run by us people - it’s not us against “industry”. To say it’s industry that causes most of the damage is really saying that it is us that cause most of the damage. All I’m saying is that fixing climate change always seems someone else’s problem which should not be the case. All climate change activists, especially those that stand on a public platform based on this issue, should take personal accountability to resolve the issue, no matter how small or large their impact may be. To not do this is unacceptable.
Yeah, it's a complex problem. Sure it's industry causing the problem but look at how it's addressed. Increase taxes on industry just leads to inflation which causes us to pay more.

But at the same time if governments subsidise renewables and stop protecting fossil fuel sources, it makes fossil fuels less viable which drives the whole market toward renewables and other carbon neutral sources. Then we can get to the future. Right now we're trying to hold on to the past and it's going to turn us into a 3rd world country.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree to a point - yeah the burn shit brigade had their say but the boffins didn't do a great job. Climate change became an excuse to nob funding and the issue (and consequences) weren't done at a level of appropriate rigour or communicated well. But that issue of rigour and comms is still around today.

These things are all flow on effects. Average science leads to average support leads to average govt commitment. And here we are today. Could of have been 25 years ahead of the game.
I don't disagree. But much of the government drive is backed by scientists that are backed by government. When the CSIRO started addressing the issue, they cut the funding, remodelled, then shifted focus.

The delivery has been tame as well, but every time a climate scientist comes forward to say how screwed we are, they get vilified. Constant death threats, character assassinations. And let's face it. Scientists aren't very good at interacting with people at the best of times. They usually just stick to posting stuff on forums that will piss people off.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scomo making his concession speech now … says he has congratulated the new Prime Minister, Anthony Albanese!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ScoMo has just said that he has spoken to Albo congratulated him on his election victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.