Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried looking for the old Oz Politics thread but couldn't find it so I'm starting a new one.

What are the election issues you want addressed in the upcoming season of Voting for Idiots.

Here's mine, as a country need to call out Israel for their corrupt and illegal activities regarding the Palestinians. From their illegal stealing of Palestinian land, displacing of Palestinian families at gun point, their illegal wall and settlements and their breaching of the article 4 of the Geneva Convention.

Amnesty International has got the ball rolling.

Israeli policies against Palestinians amount to apartheid, Amnesty International report says - ABC News

Amnesty International has accused Israel of subjecting Palestinians to a system of apartheid founded on policies of "segregation, dispossession and exclusion".

The London-based rights group said its findings were based on research and legal analysis in a 211-page report into Israeli seizure of Palestinian land and property, unlawful killings, forcible transfer of people and denial of citizenship.

Amnesty argued those measures, as well as restrictions on Palestinian movement in Israeli-occupied territory, underinvestment in Palestinian communities in Israel, and preventing the return of Palestinian refugees, created a system of "oppression and domination" over Palestinians.

"We didn't come to this conclusion lightly," Amnesty's director for the Middle East and North Africa Heba Morayef said.

"What that means is that Palestinians are treated as an inferior racial group, and they are kept that way."

As a country we also need to call out the United Stupids of America for running a protection racket for the corrupt and criminal state of Israel in that farce they call the United Nations. 28 UN resolutions have been enacted against Israel over their illegal activities and treatment of the Palestinians and every one has been vetoed by the Stupids. Only the last one, called for by the NZ representative and abstained by Obama, has been tabled and that one was rejected as soon as the Dumpster got the big chair.

The fact we decry China and Russia and others for their inhumane treatment of people, but willingly turn a blind eye to Israel makes me angry and now we have holocaust museums being built around our country to elicit sympathy and empathy for Israel, fark off. This kind of double standard bullshit needs to be called out.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I tried looking for the old Oz Politics thread but couldn't find it so I'm starting a new one.

What are the election issues you want addressed in the upcoming season of Voting for Idiots.

Here's mine, as a country need to call out Israel for their corrupt and illegal activities regarding the Palestinians. From their illegal stealing of Palestinian land, displacing of Palestinian families at gun point, their illegal wall and settlements and their breaching of the article 4 of the Geneva Convention.

Amnesty International has got the ball rolling.

Israeli policies against Palestinians amount to apartheid, Amnesty International report says - ABC News

Amnesty International has accused Israel of subjecting Palestinians to a system of apartheid founded on policies of "segregation, dispossession and exclusion".

The London-based rights group said its findings were based on research and legal analysis in a 211-page report into Israeli seizure of Palestinian land and property, unlawful killings, forcible transfer of people and denial of citizenship.

Amnesty argued those measures, as well as restrictions on Palestinian movement in Israeli-occupied territory, underinvestment in Palestinian communities in Israel, and preventing the return of Palestinian refugees, created a system of "oppression and domination" over Palestinians.

"We didn't come to this conclusion lightly," Amnesty's director for the Middle East and North Africa Heba Morayef said.

"What that means is that Palestinians are treated as an inferior racial group, and they are kept that way."

As a country we also need to call out the United Stupids of America for running a protection racket for the corrupt and criminal state of Israel in that farce they call the United Nations. 28 UN resolutions have been enacted against Israel over their illegal activities and treatment of the Palestinians and every one has been vetoed by the Stupids. Only the last one, called for by the NZ representative and abstained by Obama, has been tabled and that one was rejected as soon as the Dumpster got the big chair.

The fact we decry China and Russia and others for their inhumane treatment of people, but willingly turn a blind eye to Israel makes me angry and now we have holocaust museums being built around our country to elicit sympathy and empathy for Israel, fark off. This kind of double standard bullshit needs to be called out.
You Can't speak facts, that's anti-Semitic.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Can't speak facts, that's anti-Semitic.
For the last two local elections I've tried talking to politicians, from both sides, about this double standard hypocrisy and they can't step back and put distance between me and them fast enough. Some have leapt back so far their lackeys have room to step in with a "this is over". I call them weak, they threaten to call the police, I laugh out loud and go get my bread and milk. It's pathetic none have the guts to talk about it.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the last two local elections I've tried talking to politicians, from both sides, about this double standard hypocrisy and they can't step back and put distance between me and them fast enough. Some have leapt back so far their lackeys have room to step in with a "this is over". I call them weak, they threaten to call the police, I laugh out loud and go get my bread and milk. It's pathetic none have the guts to talk about it.
If you approached them in respectful manner I wouldn’t call them weak , I would call them both pathetic and both deserved to be put last on the ballot

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@KambahOne very noble sentiment but let's be real - who's going to call out Israel or the Saudis or China?

The Dumpster Fire used a lot of anti China rhetoric, but what did he actually do? Nothing of note that I'm aware of. Israel and the Saudis own half of America, so no US President is going to speak out against them.

No Australian PM is going to do it either if we want America onside if we ultimately end up in some conflict with China on the other team.

The bottom line is the bottom line - everything is about money, money buys power and no amount of nobility will change that.

Might be too cynical a view, but I think the world is too far gone down that road for any major U-turn. I hope to be proven wrong.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@KambahOne very noble sentiment but let's be real - who's going to call out Israel or the Saudis or China?

The Dumpster Fire used a lot of anti China rhetoric, but what did he actually do? Nothing of note that I'm aware of. Israel and the Saudis own half of America, so no US President is going to speak out against them.

No Australian PM is going to do it either if we want America onside if we ultimately end up in some conflict with China on the other team.

The bottom line is the bottom line - everything is about money, money buys power and no amount of nobility will change that.

Might be too cynical a view, but I think the world is too far gone down that road for any major U-turn. I hope to be proven wrong.
I hear ya mate, free trade agreements and diplomatic ties are all the rage these days.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A few months out from the election, Libs will sack ScoMo in an attempt to get their ratings higher. They'll still lose. Labor will win, but Palmer and Hanson will win a heap of seats because anti-vax nut jobs are popular right now.

Or maybe the opposite will happen. I don't know, nor do I care.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is big brother real?
Do they wanna watch us shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.