Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I said, the best man doesn't win, it's the less shitty one that wins. That's why ALL governments are a farce.

Does anyone actually know their policies? Did they advertise them or just tried to take the piss out of the other?
Yep. ScoMo promised not to shit himself Maccas again. The other guy said something about schools, or clubs... Maybe if was something about Universities.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
F**k the climate idiots, i will never ever sell my 6.2L V8, now im going to work it so it pushes out even more.
As someone well educated in climate change, and someone who understands how screwed we are due to climate change, I still refuse to give up my Holden Commodore.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least you had cake. Where I voted there was nothing. No cake, no democracy sausage, nothing. I reported them to ASIO for running an un-Australian voting place.
What time did you vote, they can only have the democracy sausages between 11am & 2pm

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely. It's a bit of a mixed thing as there's bugger all an individual can do about it unless the government and major corporations address it, but most climate change advocates do bugger all for their individual circumstance.
True - but you could also argue that even if the government and major instos address it in Australia, it will make F/All difference to the world’s carbon emissions, and in fact, whether there is a climate issue in the first place. My point is - where do you draw the line? If you believe in climate change, you should not be driving cars, getting on a plane, using a mobile phone, etc etc. It’s like those idiots that glue themselves to the road - the Extension Rebellion nut jobs - I’m sure they have cars, mobile phones, use coal powered electricity, etc etc. The world has gone mad!! The skies are falling!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The one that looks set to take Frydenberg's seat is another Climate 200. Looks like the independents may actually form a new joint party.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
True - but you could also argue that even if the government and major instos address it in Australia, it will make F/All difference to the world’s carbon emissions, and in fact, whether there is a climate issue in the first place. My point is - where do you draw the line? If you believe in climate change, you should not be driving cars, getting on a plane, using a mobile phone, etc etc. It’s like those idiots that glue themselves to the road - the Extension Rebellion nut jobs - I’m sure they have cars, mobile phones, use coal powered electricity, etc etc. The world has gone mad!! The skies are falling!!
U like many others miss the point (and not a diss on u bro). Its not about whether our carbon reductions prevent CC. Its about us building an economy that can handle whats coming. And at the same time, not making CC worse.

Industry contributes more GHG's than all the punters driving gas guzzlers. Money to help them get that under control is the first thing and the classic is, some of them have seen it coming for years and are prepared. Just cheaper for them not to have to do it.

We have all the tools to be a world leader in pot growing. Go Legalise Cannabis Party (especially stoner hot chick).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Please tell me the cult member lost his seat....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS why the fuck do they use BMWs for govt cars?

Use SS's you unaustralian ***** lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Climate change is definitely a major issue. No debate about that any more. It was actually established over 30 years ago but good disinformation campaign confused people on the issue. It's not at the level that those nutjob climate emergency alarmists are talking about but it's a major issue. Most of the climate and earth scientists I've worked with are very concerned about our future. But we also have smart engineers working on solutions so we could be fine.

But it's a difficult issue to address. We're effectively a drop in the ocean compared to what the likes of China, US and India do. But we also pollute more per person than all 3 of those countries so the issue that arises is that we are basically telling people in poverty in China and India that they should be deeper in poverty so we can be happier.

There's some hope though. China is currently leading the world on renewable energy advancement. And that's all that will fix it in the end. If countries like China, India and US shift their energy usage to carbon neutral energy, like renewables and nuclear.

Unfortunately not much we as individuals can do.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So is ScuMo blaming Russia or China for rigging the election?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
U like many others miss the point (and not a diss on u bro). Its not about whether our carbon reductions prevent CC. Its about us building an economy that can handle whats coming. And at the same time, not making CC worse.

Industry contributes more GHG's than all the punters driving gas guzzlers. Money to help them get that under control is the first thing and the classic is, some of them have seen it coming for years and are prepared. Just cheaper for them not to have to do it.

We have all the tools to be a world leader in pot growing. Go Legalise Cannabis Party (especially stoner hot chick).
That's the key problem here. Regardless if you believe that climate change is an issue, or if you just absorbed every piece of propaganda fossil fuel companies fed you and believed it without criticism, the issue is still a major economic one for us.

Fossil fuels are being phased out. Which means that Australian coal is dropping in price. Fortunately we have some of the best terrain and potential for a new energy economy. But unfortunately the Australian government refuses to invest in converting us to the new energy economy.

We could dominate the energy market but instead we're sticking with coal as it slowly destroys our economy.

Fortunately it seems like people are starting to switch on to the issue and more are voting for independents that aim to address the problem.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to the whingeing lefties such as ******* the ugly blow up castle carney QLD houso posting less boring Facebook links but not looking forward to working harder to pay for people that don’t want to work like the turk.
You dumb ***** wanted this so so can’t wait for you to show us how much the country will change for the better under the houso Joe Biden junior. Idiots

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks mate. All good. I was not arguing whether climate change is real - that is a separate huge discussion. I was just saying we should take personal responsibility for fixing it if we believe in it. This so called “industry” you refer to - this is not something on another planet we can blame - “industry” is also us! It’s run by us people - it’s not us against “industry”. To say it’s industry that causes most of the damage is really saying that it is us that cause most of the damage. All I’m saying is that fixing climate change always seems someone else’s problem which should not be the case. All climate change activists, especially those that stand on a public platform based on this issue, should take personal accountability to resolve the issue, no matter how small or large their impact may be. To not do this is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.