Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent Zimmerman has conceded defeat in North Sydney with Independant Kylea Tink taking the seat.

She's another climate 200 recipient along with David Pocock. Looks like climate change independants are cleaning up.
Emergence of a new party in Australia I reckon - the Teals are effectively one party being funded by the one predominant source. They will grow into a major force in Australian politics over the next few years.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing with the majority of climate change supporters is that they believe in climate change but don’t want to change their lifestyles to promote it. They think it’s someone else’s problem - like Zali Steggall who drives a gas guzzling SUV but has apparently been our “climate ambassador”. A friend of mine votes Greens and lives in a multi million dollar mansion, goes for overseas holidays every year (when borders are open, which apparently they are not according to Albo!) and drives a Maserati diesel SUV but strongly advocates for climate change. BLOODY HYPOCRITES!!!
Definitely. It's a bit of a mixed thing as there's bugger all an individual can do about it unless the government and major corporations address it, but most climate change advocates do bugger all for their individual circumstance.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We go from a fat cult member **** to a fkn pussy weak ****...

STRAYA!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Emergence of a new party in Australia I reckon - the Teals are effectively one party being funded by the one predominant source. They will grow into a major force in Australian politics over the next few years.
Yep. Many of them backed by the Climate 200 fund. Doubt they'll get much influence this election but in two elections time we could see the Climate 200 competing with One Nation and Greens.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now all we will hear is "we are fixing the libs mistakes" for the next 3 years while fucking the public.
As they say. If you want a party to address issues than that party need guarenteed power for the next 30 years. Without that they're just going to focus on what will get them re-elected in the next election with no care about the future. Almost makes you hope for a dictatorship.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now all we will hear is "we are fixing the libs mistakes" for the next 3 years while fucking the public.
You see mate, I don’t blame the party’s. I blame the fuckwits they employ for marketing and spin. Aus politics is nothing more than a 6 week advertising blitz promoting failure and division.

Not policy. That’s old school stupidity…

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like Labor have it in the bag. They're so close that if they don't win tonight, they'll win the support of the cross bench.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You see mate, I don’t blame the party’s. I blame the fuckwits they employ for marketing and spin. Aus politics is nothing more than a 6 week advertising blitz promoting failure and division.

Not policy. That’s old school stupidity…
Like I said, the best man doesn't win, it's the less shitty one that wins. That's why ALL governments are a farce.

Does anyone actually know their policies? Did they advertise them or just tried to take the piss out of the other?

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly!! There was absolutely no substance in Albo’s and the ALp’s campaign to date and there will be absolutely no substance in their policies going forward. I could have written the policies that the ALP put forward through this campaign in an hour in a coffee shop - there was NOTHING behind the policies, just high level feel good statements! They just picked the low hanging fruit in terms of what is popular with the voters and built feel good statements around them and called them policies - that’s it! All those that fell for this will be regretting their choices and realise they have been had. This country is in big trouble - mark my words!

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this mean Belmore Sports Ground gets a Roosters style upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.