Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fixed for you, mate.

The country just elected a Labor government in what was the Greens' most successful election campaign in the party's history. What planet are you living on?
Wow. There's obviously a strong far right contingent here, who live in their own fairy world of what politics are.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Seems so LOL..I swing so to speak because to some degree all pollies are vvankers however for "Scott and the Shambles" it was time they needed to go..the end.
Bloody Hell, mate. That's just bloody UnAustralian. Why don't you move to bloody communist China, pinko! *reaches for blood pressure pills. Bloody Hell

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I dont mind charismatic, intelligent, and authentic.
But they absolutely must be right of centre to attract the broad population.
Why does it have to be "right of centre" or left or right?

Why can't it just be the right man who actually does his job and looks after the people?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sure....that's why the Libs lost all those seats to One Nation and the UAP and not to candidates who were farther to the left of them.....oh wait.

Pull your head out of the sand, mate. Voters sent a clear message to the Coalition - Australia says no to far right whackjobs.
how Many seats did the nationals lose?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
how Many seats did the nationals lose?
So the views of rural Australians represent the views of Australians on the whole?
Labor: 76 seats with another one likely to fall in their favour, LNP: 55 seats with another one likely.

Face reality, bro. The LNP was well and truly on the nose with most Australians and the electorates that deserted them overwhelmingly did so in favour of more left leaning candidates.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hahaha no thanks mate. TAFE isn’t my thing. No need for tissues but I just can’t wait to see what amazing job your pals do in government after all of the crap, sad memes and attack cat links we’ve been subjected to by you and others here
And there's my point. Your pals.... we've been subjected to etc. etc. Its not about us and them.

Believe it or not - don't care who is govt as long as they do a good job. Scomo pissed off too many people and was only interested in himself. So he got the boot. Butchered CVD, stinks at international relations, did zip to foster a transition away from carbon based economies and then pissed off just about every woman in Australia. Nice resume.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So the views of rural Australians represent the views of Australians on the whole?
Labor: 76 seats with another one likely to fall in their favour, LNP: 55 seats with another one likely.

Face reality, bro. The LNP was well and truly on the nose with most Australians and the electorates that deserted them overwhelmingly did so in favour of more left leaning candidates.
You called the Coalition whack jobs. Which would include the national party. Retract your statement and I’ll agree the Liberal party was on the nose

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You called the Coalition whack jobs. Which would include the national party. Retract your statement and I’ll agree the Liberal party was on the nose
Lol I don't think you understood my comment. I wasn't calling all Liberal members or voters far right whack jobs, I was calling the far right contingent of the party far right whack jobs.....

My point was, the public's abandonment of the Liberal Party (in many traditionally Liberal electorates) in favour of more left leaning candidates suggested most Australians (even those who lean conservative) do not want the nation to be guided by far right ideas.

Simon Birmingham made the same point on election night when commenting on the Liberals failing to regain Warringah.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Scomo pissed off too many people and was only interested in himself. So he got the boot. Butchered CVD, stinks at international relations, did zip to foster a transition away from carbon based economies and then pissed off just about every woman in Australia. Nice resume.
And that's his good points. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.