Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. I can't stand Peta Credlin but there's a 99.9% chance that Peta Credlin tweet is fake. She had her account suspended a long time ago and all her tweets were deleted. Only way this is real is if someone screenshotted it at the time and waited 11 years for the perfect time to use it.
There are programs to find deleted tweets etc, ask samantha maiden about how she found the Deves tweets.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Did you notice Albanese had a wired earpiece on during the debate. Was he being prompted?
Think he probably needed to be as he doesn't quite understand what's going on.
They both had it mate - and will in tonight's final biff.
Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 15.56.36 .png

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s not a question of voting for Scomo, it’s wether the other option is better. Albo, isn’t bright enough to run the local bowling club, let alone the country.
Albo has many shortcomings and he get's flustered in front of the press, but he's no idiot. And he's a better person than ProMo. He grew up in a lower class family, earnt a bachelor of economics while working multiple jobs (ProMo was born with a silver spoon in his mouth). I think Albo would stack up pretty well against ProMo in an IQ test. And he definitely has more emotional intelligence and a better understanding of every day Aussies and their struggles. Albo would make a better leader than ProMo, for sure. Not that this is a huge accolade. A burnt pancake would make a better PM than ProMo. Be honest, mate. You'd vote for a burnt pancake if it were running against the ALP.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Albo has many shortcomings and he get's flustered in front of the press, but he's no idiot. And he's a better person than ProMo. He grew up in a lower class family, earnt a bachelor of economics while working multiple jobs (ProMo was born with a silver spoon in his mouth). I think Albo would stack up pretty well against ProMo in an IQ test. And he definitely has more emotional intelligence and a better understanding of every day Aussies and their struggles. Albo would make a better leader than ProMo, for sure. Not that this is a huge accolade. A burnt pancake would make a better PM than ProMo. Be honest, mate. You'd vote for a burnt pancake if it were running against the ALP.
hahaha most likely, as I vote for the ideal more than the candidate. Dont kid yourself, elections are not won by labour voters like yourself and Liberal voters like me. It won by the fence sitters and the winners of the biggest handouts at the election..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
hahaha most likely, as I vote for the ideal more than the candidate. Dont kid yourself, elections are not won by labour voters like yourself and Liberal voters like me. It won by the fence sitters and the winners of the biggest handouts at the election..
Only plebs vote for the candidate. The candidate is just a figurehead..... most people vote for the ideal, and others vote for their own best interests, or perceived best interests, as you say. I don't think Albo's a bad bloke, but he doesn't exactly scream leadership qualities to me. He's like a deer in headlights in front of the press. ProMo appears more confident and self assured, but has perpetual foot in mouth disease and just keeps saying idiotic things. Let's be honest, anyone voting on personalities is not exactly spoilt for choice.

I can honestly say I wouldn't vote for a burnt pancake if it were running for Labor, though. I'd probably vote for a third party that had no chance of winning a seat and would direct its preferences to the pancake. lol

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There are programs to find deleted tweets etc, ask samantha maiden about how she found the Deves tweets.
Yeah, those exist. But I couldn't find that tweet anywhere other than one person using it to attack Sky News.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They both had it mate - and will in tonight's final biff.
View attachment 49956
I can see the reports on this photo now...

The Gaurdian - "Scott Morrison takes up 70% of the photo leaving little room for Anthony Albanese"

Sky News - "Anthony Albanese trying to drag Scott Morrison to the left, just like he wants to do to Australia!"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Props to you for actually watching those 2 lying weasel *****

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
[
If Labor win I will be tuning in for the meltdown on Sky News
Just tune into my meltdown when my hard earned money is going to greenies, dole bludgers and illegal immigration haha.

I thought Albo did a lot better in that debate. He was more prepared and not as rattled. Morrison was a lot more confident than Albo though and pointed out Labors “policies” might sound great but aren’t costed or well planned at all. Same as it’s been for a long time really

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Morrisson prosecutes his arguments better but the punters think he's smug and don't like him and they like Albo as being more sincere even if he stumbles on certain policy issues. The old 'man of the people' argument and could determine the winner.

Gotta say though, I find it funny that a politician earning north of $300k/year says 'people out there are struggling'. Thanks Champ :tearsofjoy:.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I will not be voting for either of these two major parties, why does it have to be a two-horse race?

The main stream media are coaxing people into believing their choice is between two parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.