Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will not be voting for either of these two major parties, why does it have to be a two-horse race?

The main stream media are coaxing people into believing their choice is between two parties.
At the end of the day a crapload of seats will be decided on where the minor parties allocate their preferences. There are a lot of good independent political parties. I used to vote for Tony Windsor in my electorate and he made his seat count while he was in. Unfortunately now that he's retired, it seems to just be Barnaby Joyce getting in largely unopposed.

So given that a lot of independents don't illustrate where their preferences will go I just stick to one party.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
At the end of the day a crapload of seats will be decided on where the minor parties allocate their preferences. There are a lot of good independent political parties. I used to vote for Tony Windsor in my electorate and he made his seat count while he was in. Unfortunately now that he's retired, it seems to just be Barnaby Joyce getting in largely unopposed.

So given that a lot of independents don't illustrate where their preferences will go I just stick to one party.
no you have been doing it wrong, the candidates and parties don't get to decide who gets their preferences, you do that yourself on your vote

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I will not be voting for either of these two major parties, why does it have to be a two-horse race?
Because at the end of the day only one of the major parties can form a government. Minor parties flow their preferences to one of the majors and the more independents that get elected the higher the chance of a hung parliament. We last saw a hung parliament under Gillard and it’s not great for the country when whoever is Governing has to negotiate everything with whoever holds the balance of power. The latest polls suggest a hung parliament is less likely but the polls got it totally wrong in 2019 so we’ll see.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Because at the end of the day only one of the major parties can form a government. Minor parties flow their preferences to one of the majors and the more independents that get elected the higher the chance of a hung parliament. We last saw a hung parliament under Gillard and it’s not great for the country when whoever is Governing has to negotiate everything with whoever holds the balance of power. The latest polls suggest a hung parliament is less likely but the polls got it totally wrong in 2019 so we’ll see.
so not only do the 2 top parties have all the media presenting them as the only options, not only does the voting system eventually get them everybodies vote one way or another even if the voter thinks they are both evil and would rather have anybody else, not only does the loser get to debate with the winner for the next few years reaffirming the top 2, that is still not enough of an advantage and now a hung parliament is a bad thing for the country with the prime minister even saying not to vote for independents

what else is on your mind? the senate is always a tight thing with independents getting seats, this also means whoever is governing has to negotiate through them, so you must think its not a great thing to continue to have a senate in Australia?

i think a hung parliament is a good thing, the more hung the better, like 56 seats Liberal/Coalition, 52 seats Labor, 8 seats centre alliance, 7 seats united australia, 7 seats greens, 4 seats one nation, bob katter, nick xenophobic and 15 other independents, debate time would actually be debate time and not just the 2 leaders wasting time talking shit about each other

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
so not only do the 2 top parties have all the media presenting them as the only options, not only does the voting system eventually get them everybodies vote one way or another even if the voter thinks they are both evil and would rather have anybody else, not only does the loser get to debate with the winner for the next few years reaffirming the top 2, that is still not enough of an advantage and now a hung parliament is a bad thing for the country with the prime minister even saying not to vote for independents

what else is on your mind? the senate is always a tight thing with independents getting seats, this also means whoever is governing has to negotiate through them, so you must think its not a great thing to continue to have a senate in Australia?

i think a hung parliament is a good thing, the more hung the better, like 56 seats Liberal/Coalition, 52 seats Labor, 8 seats centre alliance, 7 seats united australia, 7 seats greens, 4 seats one nation, bob katter, nick xenophobic and 15 other independents, debate time would actually be debate time and not just the 2 leaders wasting time talking shit about each other
That’s one way to look at it but it makes getting anything passed a nightmare and the trade offs the independents want for their votes can be ridiculous

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That’s one way to look at it but it makes getting anything passed a nightmare and the trade offs the independents want for their votes can be ridiculous
well if it doesn't work then im all for having anybody else take the top 2 positions and then they dominate it instead

australia is sinking in debt and these guys have combined to make it happen, its not sunk yet like america but it will be if we stay on this course

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Thanks Lizard but as usual you’re swinging like a barnyard door in a hurricane and have no idea what I ‘think’ about the role of the Senate. Dumb comment.

7 seats UAP :tearsofjoy:.
Coming from the bloke who said:

F2051F71-6DA4-4EE6-ADDD-51B0D54E7BD1.jpeg

OK.

But hey - you seem to like causing chaos so you do everything within your ‘power’ (that whole 1 vote) to bring on a hung parliament and watch the country pretty much stall for 3 years. Independents are no better than the majors if they hold the balance of power - just more ego maniacs who know they control outcomes and lather themselves up in that reality.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time is see anything to do with politics I get very sick.
Paid a lot of money into my employees Super Fund at my bank only for the lads to find out it had all dissappeared.
. Morrisson did his best to stop the RC, then when he could no longer prevent it. he made sure that the worst cases of Fraud would not be exposed by the RC which followed.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Thanks Lizard but as usual you’re swinging like a barnyard door in a hurricane and have no idea what I ‘think’ about the role of the Senate. Dumb comment.

7 seats UAP :tearsofjoy:.
Coming from the bloke who said:

View attachment 49971
OK.

But hey - you seem to like causing chaos so you do everything within your ‘power’ (that whole 1 vote) to bring on a hung parliament and watch the country pretty much stall for 3 years. Independents are no better than the majors if they hold the balance of power - just more ego maniacs who know they control outcomes and lather themselves up in that reality.
i said don't vote for UAP because i was trying to get you to vote for UAP, you don't understand anything at all do you?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
i said don't vote for UAP because i was trying to get you to vote for UAP, you don't understand anything at all do you?
Of course I understood it.
I’m extracting piss from you as usual and you took the bait. I know you support UAP and a party that makes policies that will never see the light of day like capping your mortgage interest rate at 3% shows just how dumb some voters are. But you show the majors :tearsofjoy:.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Of course I understood it.
I’m extracting piss from you as usual and you took the bait. I know you support UAP and a party that makes policies that will never see the light of day like capping your mortgage interest rate at 3% shows just how dumb some voters are. But you show the majors :tearsofjoy:.
anything is better than supporting the major parties who set up tents that will never see the light of day

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
my penis is getting record erection levels of 4.8cm thinking about voting for UAP ffs
I reckon that’s because the UAP is run by a couple of anti-vaxxers and fits nicely into Rod’s obsession with the engineered virus blah blah blah. Am I warm?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Thought so :-).
btw UAP is the prettiest girl at the dance, even how they recommend people fill out their preferences in a couple of seats is headline news

most of the UAP voters will preference the major parties 2nd last and last, the winner of the election is whoever can get over the line with the most UAP 2nd lasts lol

and i don't want to hear any shit blaming UAP for the election result, you must prefer someone ahead of the other and can't put them both last or else its invalid, and also i don't want to hear any shit about a mandate from the winners, to win because you got enough people hating you less is the opposite of mandate

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Palmer and Kelly are the prettiest at the dance I’m going home. I didn’t read the rest :-).
Mate, if @Rodzilla thinks Clive and Craig are spunks who are we to judge? Its a brave new world Dinkum and we all need to go with the flow, although, mental picture of a train of Palmer/Kelly/Rodzilla is now ruining any happy thought I ever had...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If Palmer and Kelly are the prettiest at the dance I’m going home. I didn’t read the rest :-).
Labor party and the Coalition are both flops and can't win the election without receiving the UAP 2nd last preferences ffs

they should form a new coalition and merge with each other, The Laberal Party, that way they can win properly

Status
Not open for further replies.