Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BTW when is the "election"?

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want to see Albo actually name actual a policy or two we can consider when voting and not just hope he’ll whinge his way to an election win
What like David Crisafulli in QLD.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I tried looking for the old Oz Politics thread but couldn't find it so I'm starting a new one.

What are the election issues you want addressed in the upcoming season of Voting for Idiots.

Here's mine, as a country need to call out Israel for their corrupt and illegal activities regarding the Palestinians. From their illegal stealing of Palestinian land, displacing of Palestinian families at gun point, their illegal wall and settlements and their breaching of the article 4 of the Geneva Convention.

Amnesty International has got the ball rolling.

Israeli policies against Palestinians amount to apartheid, Amnesty International report says - ABC News

Amnesty International has accused Israel of subjecting Palestinians to a system of apartheid founded on policies of "segregation, dispossession and exclusion".

The London-based rights group said its findings were based on research and legal analysis in a 211-page report into Israeli seizure of Palestinian land and property, unlawful killings, forcible transfer of people and denial of citizenship.

Amnesty argued those measures, as well as restrictions on Palestinian movement in Israeli-occupied territory, underinvestment in Palestinian communities in Israel, and preventing the return of Palestinian refugees, created a system of "oppression and domination" over Palestinians.

"We didn't come to this conclusion lightly," Amnesty's director for the Middle East and North Africa Heba Morayef said.

"What that means is that Palestinians are treated as an inferior racial group, and they are kept that way."

As a country we also need to call out the United Stupids of America for running a protection racket for the corrupt and criminal state of Israel in that farce they call the United Nations. 28 UN resolutions have been enacted against Israel over their illegal activities and treatment of the Palestinians and every one has been vetoed by the Stupids. Only the last one, called for by the NZ representative and abstained by Obama, has been tabled and that one was rejected as soon as the Dumpster got the big chair.

The fact we decry China and Russia and others for their inhumane treatment of people, but willingly turn a blind eye to Israel makes me angry and now we have holocaust museums being built around our country to elicit sympathy and empathy for Israel, fark off. This kind of double standard bullshit needs to be called out.
#1 Bro - disclaimer. Do I think the Israelis have done right by the Palestinians. Nope. But...

I'm sort of over individuals pushing overseas nationalist agendas in Australia. There's a long list of communities being oppressed by someone for some reason and unless your arguing Australia should champion them all, its a bit selective. And then to say Holocaust museums are some sort of propaganda - dude imb you just lost some credibility. OTT, but what you should be saying is the UN, with certain countries having veto, is flawed. I'll roll with that but if you think this is the basis to discuss the next election, sorry bro disagree.

I'll vote for whatever party guarantees a royal commission into state and national handling of the pandemic. Probably the biggest thing to happen to Australia in years - fck up after fck up, no clear plan, bullshit from the pollies etc. etc. If the management of something like this isn't a key election topic - well fck it - may as well make it something really relevant like "if even Gladys thinks your a fckwit....."

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BTW when is the "election"?
Could be wrong but is it in May sometime?

My 2c worth..I do not give a single fark, only vote because I can't get off the electoral roll ffs.
I'll be writing 1. Dylan Alcott on my ballot papers.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1 Bro - disclaimer. Do I think the Israelis have done right by the Palestinians. Nope. But...

I'm sort of over individuals pushing overseas nationalist agendas in Australia. There's a long list of communities being oppressed by someone for some reason and unless your arguing Australia should champion them all, its a bit selective. And then to say Holocaust museums are some sort of propaganda - dude imb you just lost some credibility. OTT, but what you should be saying is the UN, with certain countries having veto, is flawed. I'll roll with that but if you think this is the basis to discuss the next election, sorry bro disagree.

I'll vote for whatever party guarantees a royal commission into state and national handling of the pandemic. Probably the biggest thing to happen to Australia in years - fck up after fck up, no clear plan, bullshit from the pollies etc. etc. If the management of something like this isn't a key election topic - well fck it - may as well make it something really relevant like "if even Gladys thinks your a fckwit....."
Good post man and while I agree this upcoming election will be about the handling of the pandemic, we'll disagree about the holocaust museums. I think they fall firmly into your category of "individuals pushing overseas nationalist agendas in Australia" and I believe we should be calling out Israel for their illegal and immoral shit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuck yes! I'm with you 1000%.

These entitled fuckwits need to face the music.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want to see Albo actually name actual a policy or two we can consider when voting and not just hope he’ll whinge his way to an election win
The liberal strategy for the last few elections has been to misrepresent the Labor policies with scare tactics and name none of their own that can be scrutinized.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Could be wrong but is it in May sometime?
May is the latest it can be, but it could be earlier.

That’s without breaking apart elections for upper and lower houses and I doubt anyone would think annoying an already cynical electorate with a stunt like that is a good idea. But you never know :-).

It’s kind of ‘unofficially’ started - you can tell campaigning is getting underway with both Albo and ScoMo having addressed the National Press Club in the past week.

Fair bet the current Govt. will delay it as long as they can to try to put more of Covid and some other issues in the rear view mirror so they’ve got something (anything) positive for the spin doctors to work with.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fuck yes! I'm with you 1000%.

These entitled fuckwits need to face the music.
Seconded , unfortunately they will never be exposed and if they are we will get a bunch of “ I don’t recall “ & “ I can’t confirm “ & “ I didn’t let my boyfriend rort the taxpayer “

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guy can’t string a sentence together without sounding like a mumbling buffoon . He’s so hard to listen to, I’m always turning the volume up to make sure I heard what I think I heard.
Then on the other hand you have that Hillsong / Shark supporting smug snake .
It’s no wonder pricks likes of Trump are given a platform in politics.
I’m pretty sure when the Ancient Greeks were inventing democracy they would never have envisaged in their wildest dreams that fuckwits like Morrison and Albanese would be rising to such power.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The liberal strategy for the last few elections has been to misrepresent the Labor policies with scare tactics and name none of their own that can be scrutinized.
And Labor mate?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah right. What about the "Mediscare" that Labor invented.

Status
Not open for further replies.