Unreal Foxtel Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If I didnt already have Foxtel installed than I swear MrC would have me convinced

Doggiez04

Pantera Negra
Reaction score
MrC is there goin to be a deal for foxtel IQ anytime soon, cause we already have digital and wouldnt mind upgrading to IQ however $600 in one go is abit expensive

M

MrCharisma

Foxtel iQ goes as follows

$395 up front fee, which covers reconditioning and the life time warranty while it's in your hands. A digital recording topbox with 160gig is retailed at about $800-$900. What makes it different to any other box, is that it has a 2nd hard drive with 10gig, which allows the live pause function. Over all Foxtel has retailed the box at about $1,000+

If you currently have Foxtel, like you do. There is a $100 installation fee. This is because we need to hire two technicians to come into your house. Add an extra LMB to your satelite dish, which will allow your box to record up to two channels at the same time. If you don't have Foxtel, this fee is wavered because the techics are there anyway to install your Foxtel.

Then there is a $5.95 ongoing monthly fee which is basicly to cover the monthly security upgrade which your box will undergo once a month. If you have the platinum or more then one digital topbox, this monthly fee is wavered.

Thats all the info you'll need about Foxtel iQ. It's for some people while others don't really need it. The price won't go down nor will I expect a deal to come in with it anytime soon....

M

MrCharisma

Lol... I wish. I don't even have my free foxtel just yet. I've gotta wait another 2 months. Stupid 3 month probation period... give me my god damn free foxtel now!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doooooooood, i have the tightarse Foxtel, can i still get IQ?
Please done tell me i have to pay like $500 to get the damn box
MB

M

MrCharisma

Matty

You'll pay $395 for the box, $100 installation and then $5.95 on going monthly fee unless you're on the platinum package

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm, In the words of Fatty Vautin - I'll get back to you Shortly
MB

M

MrCharisma

This deal is going to end on Saturday (11/6) so if you are keen and haven't got it... get cracking

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Its not a bad deal, how much will it be if i get 2 set top boxes ?

M

MrCharisma

$67 for your installation + 2 months free platnum
$75 for another box to be installed
$19.95 extra for the box a month

So do the sums.....

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't see any advantages over floptus vision.

M

MrCharisma

Lol... comparing Optus Vision to Foxtel is like comparing the Commador 64 with an XboX (the Foxtel being the XboX)

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah but the content is almost the same (crapola). Only difference is the analog vs digital argument.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Yeh i agree with habib , its the same crap

Also.didnt fox and optus do the merger or something? Coz my optus vision has fox chans on it.

M

MrCharisma

Foxtel has stolen many of the Optus channels

Optus is crap and buy Foxtels channels

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
I thought they merged tho , like we get showtime 1 and 2 and foxtell get movie 1 and 2 . I saw fox at a relatives house and it looked like the same chans.

M

MrCharisma

Since Optus Vision was a serious flop and is losing money like there is no tomorrow, Foxtel has bought out alot of the rights for Optus Channels. At the start of next month, another Optus channel will be coming to Foxtel.

There was no merger...

Status
Not open for further replies.