Unreal Foxtel Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
optus dont like to admit that they were doing well for a while but Foxtel swooped from nowhere and just blew them right out the water

in other words optus are in denial and the owner of foxtel is taking a crap in the same room as the kitchen while somebody else is preparing food

Translation: foxtel are rich j............... mofo's now and optus had to bend over for them

also by the next 5 years everyone will forget that optus had a cable service
much like the way everybody forgot that Galaxy had a sattellite service going

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
If there was no merger then why do i have most of the fox chans on my optus box?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive noticed since the *Merger* that Foxtel have managed to eliminate optus's name when they advertise about shows on their channels!

they only advertise it as Foxtel and Austar and you never see the optus logo anywhere

M

MrCharisma

There was no merger peoples

Foxtel create their own channels... while Optus seem to just coliberate many independant channels. I don't think I've ever seen a ad for Optus on Optus Vision but I have seen Foxtel ads on Foxtel.

So when Foxtel buy out the rights to channels like Expo, you won't see Optus Vision ads because it's simply not made by Optus, so they have no need to advertise. While on the other hand, when Optus buy Foxtel channels... they actually are Foxtel channels and Foxtel are trying to convert Optus Vision subscribers with the superior produce.

It's funny... for some of the shows Optus have, they pay Foxtel big money to get it off them even though they own the rights to it (Foxtel turning the program digital)

M

MrCharisma

No, but the deal ended yesterday

Foxtel's got a new deal which is half-arsed....

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
There was no merger peoples

Foxtel create their own channels... while Optus seem to just coliberate many independant channels. I don't think I've ever seen a ad for Optus on Optus Vision but I have seen Foxtel ads on Foxtel.

So when Foxtel buy out the rights to channels like Expo, you won't see Optus Vision ads because it's simply not made by Optus, so they have no need to advertise. While on the other hand, when Optus buy Foxtel channels... they actually are Foxtel channels and Foxtel are trying to convert Optus Vision subscribers with the superior produce.

It's funny... for some of the shows Optus have, they pay Foxtel big money to get it off them even though they own the rights to it (Foxtel turning the program digital)

Foxtel is better!
it maybe a little dearer but for the price of Foxtel you receive

*better sound and picture
*a second tv1 and fox8 etc so you never miss out on your shows
*extra movies
*extra features including the red button for foxsports sctive etc

there are other features but they are the main ones!
Due to Optarse's poor sound and picture and ability to fix it for us my mum threw optarse in with their cable service and conected to foxtel!

only Foxtel do have a few glitches with their digital service that they could improve!
they did so a few months back but it is due for more!
for all the money we pay it should be more updated and foxtel IQ should be cheaper than what it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.