Opinion Uncomfortable truths about today’s game

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hi La Familiars,

Great win today, and I certainly don’t mean to rain on the parade, but your cognitive biases are on display and I can’t let it pass. I look through the comments On various threads and it’s the same old crap from you guys … Flano sucked, Preston is buy of the season, Reed worked so hard….well let me tell you, Flano wasn’t too bad, Preston was good, but not the best of our forwards and if this is what Reed produces when he works hard, he should probably consider taking a day off here and there. So without further ado, I present to you two key talking points that are being almost completely overlooked by you ham and eggers on the discussion boards.

1. Reed Mahoney was abysmal today. Two crucial errors, a penalty conceded and 10…. That’s right, 10 missed tackles. If the ‘gun ever produced a game that bad, you guys would go into a meltdown so nuclear you’d shut the server down. As if the errors, missed tackles and penalties weren’t enough, Reed stifled our attack all day long. You could offer him a choice between a date with a Miss World finalist at a three hatted restaurant and dinner with an octogenarian Fran Drescher impersonator at the local KFC and he still wouldn’t know how to take the best option. You could marinate a decomposing skunk in a vat of cat shit and it would stink less than Reed’s game today,

2. Preston was outplayed by Corey Waddell. Preston played well, don’t get me wrong, but much maligned Corey Waddell made more metres and took more his ups despite playing 20 less minutes and also made over twice as many post contact metres. He did make a few more missed tackles, but overall, if you take away Preston’s tries, which were both pretty much just opportunistic, right place at the right times tries resulting from Burton’s deft kicking and North Queensland’s tired and ordinary defence, Waddell had a bigger impact on the game.

Also, if anyone still thinks Nu Brown offers more to the team than a fully fit Joshy Reynolds, you must be giddier than RFM during his HIA assessment.

I will leave these salient points with you and trust they will generate the respectful concessions they are worthy of.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reed defends in the middle all game long ya idiot. The flange is merely a passenger on this ride. I give him wraps for his efforts, but his efforts are not up to nrl standards. Stop baiting people on here and taking the piss. Unless you have blind goggles on for the flange so his shpoonk doesn't get in your eyes, you are not really seeing how bog average he is. Nothing personal flange as you at least made it to the nrl which every kid dreams of, but unfortunately I question whether you would've made it if not for flange senior. Regardless, I hope he keeps trying his heart and improves, but his ceiling is not very high imo. I agree about grubs energy though. Over to you flanges rubber doll

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fuck off you fucking troll. I know you aren’t serious but fuck me dead **** the shit you say is fucked even if you don’t mean it.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell played in the middle and Preston on the edge, different roles producing different results, for a kid playing his 5th game he has been nothing but outstanding, waddell was decent tonight, has been absolute trash on many occasions previous

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi La Familiars,

Great win today, and I certainly don’t mean to rain on the parade, but your cognitive biases are on display and I can’t let it pass. I look through the comments On various threads and it’s the same old crap from you guys … Flano sucked, Preston is buy of the season, Reed worked so hard….well let me tell you, Flano wasn’t too bad, Preston was good, but not the best of our forwards and if this is what Reed produces when he works hard, he should probably consider taking a day off here and there. So without further ado, I present to you two key talking points that are being almost completely overlooked by you ham and eggers on the discussion boards.

1. Reed Mahoney was abysmal today. Two crucial errors, a penalty conceded and 10…. That’s right, 10 missed tackles. If the ‘gun ever produced a game that bad, you guys would go into a meltdown so nuclear you’d shut the server down. As if the errors, missed tackles and penalties weren’t enough, Reed stifled our attack all day long. You could offer him a choice between a date with a Miss World finalist at a three hatted restaurant and dinner with an octogenarian Fran Drescher impersonator at the local KFC and he still wouldn’t know how to take the best option. You could marinate a decomposing skunk in a vat of cat shit and it would stink less than Reed’s game today,

2. Preston was outplayed by Corey Waddell. Preston played well, don’t get me wrong, but much maligned Corey Waddell made more metres and took more his ups despite playing 20 less minutes and also made over twice as many post contact metres. He did make a few more missed tackles, but overall, if you take away Preston’s tries, which were both pretty much just opportunistic, right place at the right times tries resulting from Burton’s deft kicking and North Queensland’s tired and ordinary defence, Waddell had a bigger impact on the game.

Also, if anyone still thinks Nu Brown offers more to the team than a fully fit Joshy Reynolds, you must be giddier than RFM during his HIA assessment.

I will leave these salient points with you and trust they will generate the respectful concessions they are worthy of.
1680436104847.png
Flippergun has spoken again.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hi La Familiars,

Must admit I did see Waddells stats but twice? I got my stats from Fox - Preston 41 off 11 - Waddell 50 off 15. And Preston made many more tackles and didn't miss as many. So ya talking endone bro.

Reed? Guess you were watching a different game. More endone.

Reynolds was better than I thought and the energy was good. Still some dumb stupid shit but hey - he wasn't alone with that.

So now thats all off your chest - lets talk about Flanno. I'd say if we had any other HB in the NRL instead of Flanno - we win by 20. Missed passes, stupid kicks, bad options and the best thing - its the same as last week, and the week b4 etc. etc. etc.

This deflection of anyone other than Flanno is old bro - you'd have more fun putting your eloquence towards putting Flanno where he belongs, on someone elses team.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the fact we are turfing both flanno & waddell at seasons end speaks volumes for their collective efforts in dogs jerseys. Both should be quite pleased their manager's took advantage of s previous head coach who paid massive overs for both.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol man everytime I see that bond avatar with the Gun photoshopped on there I can't take this shit seriously hahaha

COME ON! GUN! Get it together man, you are sounding like Joe Biden out here, you've lost all touch with reality.

The one thing I do like is the catch phrase "baby!" that is catching on. Apart from that it's a load of hog wash.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the uncomfortable truth is that reynolds is taking your spot, and you could see it in a few of your stupid one out plays that failed miserably all apart from the lucky 6again lol,, say hello to topine for us

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reed defends in the middle all game long ya idiot. The flange is merely a passenger on this ride. I give him wraps for his efforts, but his efforts are not up to nrl standards. Stop baiting people on here and taking the piss. Unless you have blind goggles on for the flange so his shpoonk doesn't get in your eyes, you are not really seeing how bog average he is. Nothing personal flange as you at least made it to the nrl which every kid dreams of, but unfortunately I question whether you would've made it if not for flange senior. Regardless, I hope he keeps trying his heart and improves, but his ceiling is not very high imo. I agree about grubs energy though. Over to you flanges rubber doll
Reed kills our attack time and time with bad options…. And as a hooker it’s his job to defend in the middle. It’s definitely not his job to miss 10 tackles in a single game…. How you can defend him after the dross he served up today is completely beyond me lol.