• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm gonna bang on once again about the Fox Effect ....coming to a regional town near you :(.....anyone who thinks it's fanciful or not a planned Murdoch strategy, please don't concern yourself with reading this article from Crikey...you'll think it's left wing radical commo press.

hydrochloride and other good things for us. This is how these bigots start their divisive work in communities. People actually fall for it :(

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm gonna bang on once again about the Fox Effect ....coming to a regional town near you :(.....anyone who thinks it's fanciful or not a planned Murdoch strategy, please don't concern yourself with reading this article from Crikey...you'll think it's left wing radical commo press.

hydrochloride and other good things for us. This is how these bigots start their divisive work in communities. People actually fall for it :(

This is my main issue with misinformation. I support free speech but I know the effect misinformation can have. A single media personality can convince hundreds of thousands that something fake is real in seconds, and it doesn't matter how much evidence you provide to the contrary. The person they trust told them it's true so it must be.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is my main issue with misinformation. I support free speech but I know the effect misinformation can have. A single media personality can convince hundreds of thousands that something fake is real in seconds, and it doesn't matter how much evidence you provide to the contrary. The person they trust told them it's true so it must be.
Questionable populist shock jock media personalities have a whole tv platform after dark *fearscream*

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the US and UK there are other media outlets that help water down the right wing media sites; which forces those sites to become even more unhinged as they compete for their limited market. Unfortunately for this country, Murdoch continues that unhinged raving here, where he has a dominating 70% of the print media. I can't recall ever seeing a Murdoch paper, or a Murdoch program, that didn't run the "Labor bad, Liberal good" line. Absolutely no balance, or fact based news - just right wing opinion.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Murdoch continues that unhinged raving here, where he has a dominating 70% of the print media. I can't recall ever seeing a Murdoch paper.
That’s really the thing - muscle.
I don’t read the Torygraph nor watch Lie News.
But there’s plenty of left-wing opinion too - from the ABC, Crikey, The Project and The New Daily. Just none of those have the reach that Rupes has. That all said, it’s really up the individual to get different opinions and some balance. The problem is most people don’t. I can’t really blame the source though - they all have an angle - I make it my responsibility to get the balance.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s really the thing - muscle.
I don’t read the Torygraph nor watch Lie News.
But there’s plenty of left-wing opinion too - from the ABC, Crikey, The Project and The New Daily. Just none of those have the reach that Rupes has. That all said, it’s really up the individual to get different opinions and some balance. The problem is most people don’t. I can’t really blame the source though - they all have an angle - I make it my responsibility to get the balance.
Great that you do. I'd add Independent Australia to the list, but it also doesn't have the reach.
Friendly Jordies is a Youtube site that might attract more younger viewers - He certainly has the ire of John Barilaro, and it's having an effect.

I'm OK with Murdoch having his say, but I'm against a monopoly in the media, The more the merrier.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great that you do. I'd add Independent Australia to the list, but it also doesn't have the reach.
Friendly Jordies is a Youtube site that might attract more younger viewers - He certainly has the ire of John Barilaro, and it's having an effect.

I'm OK with Murdoch having his say, but I'm against a monopoly in the media, The more the merrier.
Friendly Jordies had a debate with one of my mates, then made a retort video about it 6 months later. It was pretty funny.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

When it's undue influence where his personal opinions, that sway policy decisions, and demonize those opposing his view, eg our legitimate parliamentary alternatives in Greens and Labor, yet None Nation and Palmer are not held to the same account, or villification, is where I feel its unhealthy at 70% coverage.

We see what damage lightweight journalism and shock jocks have with Fox News in USA and he wants the same revenue and power here.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Michigan GOP finally admit the big lie:
@bricktamland What say you about your statement that fraud in Michigan was ‘the worst’??

E10BFAD7-FE5C-47AE-9872-7300E2AF01DF.jpeg

So yes, the truth ‘came’ - from the GOP. Only took 7 months. And it was reported by MSM!

D45C9CD1-CF5F-4432-A4A0-E0EB28836278.jpeg

Will you ‘publicly apologise’ now or despite the Michigan GOP admission you want to move the goalposts again?? We’ll just wait here :-).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the current US political scene is the worst I have ever seen it... the Executive, the Congress, the State governments, the pundits, the media etc. all infected with this debilitating tribalism that dictates everyone's thinking and decision making etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
the current US political scene is the worst I have ever seen it... the Executive, the Congress, the State governments, the pundits, the media etc. all infected with this debilitating tribalism that dictates everyone's thinking and decision making etc.
And developing into the same scenarios here I fear.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

“They’ve also begun talking about topics that seem to be brought up only by the show’s hosts.”

- Yeah and? who else would bring them up if not the hosts? it’s not uncommon to bring up a discussion from a show you’ve seen the night before. In fact it happens regularly.

“Last year she began using Sky News as her major source of information as she became more and more sceptical of public health measures.”

- Yeah so she looked at the anomalies and mixed messaging from govt and decided to use a different source of perspective.

“Ken doesn’t blame Sky entirely for his friend’s views”

-That’s incredibly big of Ken isn’t it? I’m certain Kens friend has the option and the right to hold a different perspective without having to find something to blame for it.

“Against the backdrop of a regional Australia that has less and less local media, it’s gaining a foothold as an increasingly popular source of hyper-partisan information and misinformation for those who live in country Australia.”

is it popular because they live in the country? or is it just popular. Or is it that the author is creating the illusion that country folk have nothing better to do than listen to conspiracy theories by people who literally are or have been in all current popular forums of the Australian media?

“The disproved treatment has been a popular topic of discussion by COVID health restrictions sceptics and anti-vaxxers alike”

- lol ah..what the fuck does a disproved treatment for covid have to do with people who for whatever reason choose not to vaccinate against it? It was obviously a popular topic for a lot of people at some point otherwise all the studies wouldn’t have been done around it.Just sounds like a convenient way for the author to throw in “antivaxxer” to appeal to all the warm frogs.

Basically the whole article is a piece of tripe. Left wing BS.Biased.Agenda driven crap.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
“They’ve also begun talking about topics that seem to be brought up only by the show’s hosts.”

- Yeah and? who else would bring them up if not the hosts? it’s not uncommon to bring up a discussion from a show you’ve seen the night before. In fact it happens regularly.

“Last year she began using Sky News as her major source of information as she became more and more sceptical of public health measures.”

- Yeah so she looked at the anomalies and mixed messaging from govt and decided to use a different source of perspective.

-That’s incredibly big of Ken isn’t it? I’m certain Kens friend has the option and the right to hold a different perspective without having to find something to blame for it.

“Against the backdrop of a regional Australia that has less and less local media, it’s gaining a foothold as an increasingly popular source of hyper-partisan information and misinformation for those who live in country Australia.”

is it popular because they live in the country? or is it just popular. Or is it that the author is creating the illusion that country folk have nothing better to do than listen to conspiracy theories by people who literally are or have been in all current popular forums of the Australian media?

“The disproved treatment has been a popular topic of discussion by COVID health restrictions sceptics and anti-vaxxers alike”

- lol ah..what the fuck does a disproved treatment for covid have to do with people who for whatever reason choose not to vaccinate against it? It was obviously a popular topic for a lot of people at some point otherwise all the studies wouldn’t have been done around it.Just sounds like a convenient way for the author to throw in “antivaxxer” to appeal to all the warm frogs.

Basically the whole article is a piece of tripe. Left wing BS.Biased.Agenda driven crap.
You are welcome to continue to put up your ultra right wing BS. Biased. Agenda driven crap (and tripe) :grinning:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Thanks Craig Kelly you nut

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
An Assyrian is in the running to become mayor of NYC.

Being their are more Jews in NYC than the whole of Israel, I doubt he will get any votes lol

I know I hate all politicians, but the only thing I like about this bloke is his surname means "Cross" in Assyrian.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.