• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
oh right right.

What did you mean when you said Critical Race theory doesn't exist?
Purely that, it's made up bullshit by conservatives to drive the "outrage factory" and divert the publics attention from actual policies that affect the public.

The Republicans in the US started this shit and it's purely an outrage factory product, it just does not exist.

Jazzy Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Purely that, it's made up bullshit by conservatives to drive the "outrage factory" and divert the publics attention from actual policies that affect the public.

The Republicans in the US started this shit and it's purely an outrage factory product, it just does not exist.
I'm no blind republican supporter, but you sort of lose me when you say it doesn't exist or that it's somehow been created by republicans.

I've seen plenty of parents losing their minds because their kids are being taught some pretty sick things in America when it comes to critical race theory.

I wouldn't want my kids being taught to view people through the prism of race (or sexuality) or anything else that people can't control.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm no blind republican supporter, but you sort of lose me when you say it doesn't exist or that it's somehow been created by republicans.

I've seen plenty of parents losing their minds because their kids are being taught some pretty sick things in America when it comes to critical race theory.

I wouldn't want my kids being taught to view people through the prism of race (or sexuality) or anything else that people can't control.
Yeh ok you're a centrist, sure, I believe you ..............................

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I consider myself pretty centered politically, but that whole Critical Race Theory idea is horrific.

Making everything about race just makes it seem similar to Nazi Germany.
It generally is, if it exists.

Critical Race Theory is kind of a red herring. It's used to push other agendas. For example, Trump used it to push through his bill banning it in schools. He said, "they're teaching critical race theory in schools so we need my bill"

Problem is that the bill said that you're not allowed to teach about slavery or racism.

And I'm sure there are some schools where teachers are teaching maybe some small aspect of critical race theory, but it has been shown that it's not part of any curriculum so it's one of those things that should be addressed if it happens, but it should be used as an attempt to pretend that slavery didn't happen.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems kind of odd to accuse someone of lying without asking any questions to find out a bit of information first.
You mean the same way you "believe" critical race theory based on hearsay, without a SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE?

At the very least I've got evidence of you propagating an outrage factory lie

Jazzy Dog

Banned
Reaction score
It generally is, if it exists.

Critical Race Theory is kind of a red herring. It's used to push other agendas. For example, Trump used it to push through his bill banning it in schools. He said, "they're teaching critical race theory in schools so we need my bill"

Problem is that the bill said that you're not allowed to teach about slavery or racism.

And I'm sure there are some schools where teachers are teaching maybe some small aspect of critical race theory, but it has been shown that it's not part of any curriculum so it's one of those things that should be addressed if it happens, but it should be used as an attempt to pretend that slavery didn't happen.
What's the problem with banning racist ideology in schools? I get really lost when people say it's wrong to ban it.

Why wouldn't any sane person ban any race based ideology when it comes to teaching kids?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Fox did this last night. They said, "people are saying Critical Race Theory doesn't exist, but we show proof on our show". Then they showed a parent saying, "they're teaching it in my school!"

But it's always parents. Every time this happens Fox brings in parents from a certain school saying, "my kids are being taught this", then another news network will get staff from the same school saying, "this isn't being taught in our school" or, "a teacher went off curriculum and we apologise for that"

Jazzy Dog

Banned
Reaction score
You mean the same way you "believe" critical race theory based on hearsay, without a SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE?

At the very least I've got evidence of you propagating an outrage factory lie
I've seen enough lectures from people who are hard leftists, that the question isn't about whether CRT exists, the question is just whether we allow our kids to be indoctrinated by it.

I'm a centrist in that I believe liberal values.

Equality of individuals, particularly under the law (regardless of attributes like race or sexual preference)
Freedom of speech
A free press

etc etc

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fox did this last night. They said, "people are saying Critical Race Theory doesn't exist, but we show proof on our show". Then they showed a parent saying, "they're teaching it in my school!"

But it's always parents. Every time this happens Fox brings in parents from a certain school saying, "my kids are being taught this", then another news network will get staff from the same school saying, "this isn't being taught in our school" or, "a teacher went off curriculum and we apologise for that"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the problem with banning racist ideology in schools? I get really lost when people say it's wrong to ban it.

Why wouldn't any sane person ban any race based ideology when it comes to teaching kids?
Nothing. As I said. Racist ideology should be banned.

But teaching about the history of American requires that you teach about the Dark side of history. About slavery of Africans, erradication of the native population, etc.

Jazzy Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing. As I said. Racist ideology should be banned.

But teaching about the history of American requires that you teach about the Dark side of history. About slavery of Africans, erradication of the native population, etc.
Slavery is already taught in American schools, as is the negative consequences to native americans.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Slavery is already taught in American schools, as is the negative consequences to native americans.
I'm a little confused. Do you think they're pushing to teach more than that in schools?

Trump's Bill banned teaching about slavery in schools until Biden rescinded the Bill.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
CRT claims that by teaching those very things you're mentioning, you're teaching white hate, racism against whites.

The words are coming out of your own mouth and you're denying them FFS

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
CRT started as an actual movement to address racism in certain areas. It was never about separation of the races and the movement never gained any large momentum. It was really just a group saying that more should be done against any racist supporting structures in place, including stopping states from banning teaching about slavery.

But it was picked up by Republic and and other right wing groups to use as a bogeyman. Claim that it's being used to indoctrinate children (even though it's not being used at all), then use that fear to do things like banning discussion of slavery and genocide.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
CRT started as an actual movement to address racism in certain areas. It was never about separation of the races and the movement never gained any large momentum. It was really just a group saying that more should be done against any racist supporting structures in place, including stopping states from banning teaching about slavery.

But it was picked up by Republic and and other right wing groups to use as a bogeyman. Claim that it's being used to indoctrinate children (even though it's not being used at all), then use that fear to do things like banning discussion of slavery and genocide.
Lies the CCP have infiltrated the US education board and implemented CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.