Two of the six members of our “leadership group” have never played FG for the bulldogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's sad is when certain miserable fans would rather complain about every little thing instead of being optimistic about the club being in the best position it's been in for almost ten years.

Gus and Ciraldo are establishing a winning culture and erasing the losing culture that has been in place for a decade.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Genuine questions.. Do you ever have anything positive to say about the club and players and why don't just support the Tigers who you love so much or whatever new team Elliott is playing for each season?

You've constantly bagged Mahoney and Kikau before they've played for the club. You've constantly hated on Burton. You're hating on Ciraldo.. You hate on RFM and 95% of the other players. If you're so upset at the state of the club because you'd rather see the club fail, then just support someone else. Simple

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Kikau has played in the last 3 GF’s in a row and is a 2 x premiership winning player …

Mahoney just helped steer his team to the GF last season … Both players have been playing finals footy for what, the last 4 or 5 seasons?

Meanwhile we’ve been getting the spoon and trying to avoid last place …

Are you questioning these players leadership qualities ?
I am questioning their ability to understand our culture with no first grade games for us. You shouldn’t just be able to walk straight into the captaincy at a new club.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess it makes sense to make RFM off field captain considering he spends most of his time off the field.

The naming of three captains and six leaders kinda does suggest Ciraldo can’t commit to decisions and doesn’t know what the fuck he’s doing…
I think RFM is a leader amongst the boys. Burton is not ready but may grow into the role, hopefully he responds well to the leadership role. IMO, it is not possible for Reed to have earnt a leadership position in a few weeks of training. The fact CC has gone with this model shows that there is a lack of leadership in the group.. which might be a worry or this could be the perfect solution. Because you made a thread, there is a good chance that this leadership model will work well with the boys

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am questioning their ability to understand our culture with no first grade games for us. You shouldn’t just be able to walk straight into the captaincy at a new club.
Ok so you’re questioning their ability to understand our culture ….

I’m guessing you’ve been a Bulldogs fan for many years, please explain to me what that culture is ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Genuine questions.. Do you ever have anything positive to say about the club and players and why don't just support the Tigers who you love so much or whatever new team Elliott is playing for each season?

You've constantly bagged Mahoney and Kikau before they've played for the club. You've constantly hated on Burton. You're hating on Ciraldo.. You hate on RFM and 95% of the other players. If you're so upset at the state of the club because you'd rather see the club fail, then just support someone else. Simple
I’ve never said anything remotely negative about RFM…have never hated on Burton (just given my opinion he is playing out of position. Have never bagged Kikau (just said we’re paying him overs) and all I said about Mahoney is he needs to lose the puppy fat and remember how to use his knees.

Just because I’m not a fanboy simping over everything we do doesn’t mean I don’t live the club. It just means I’m willing to think and not just blindly follow whoever is in charge when they make dumb decisions.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Understand our culture……..? we had none, we were loosing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok so you’re questioning their ability to understand our culture ….

I’m guessing you’ve been a Bulldogs fan for many years, please explain to me what that culture is ?
Run hard, hit hard and say no to crappy facial hair and shit haircuts.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They bring a wealth of experience and winning attitudes. It’s about the best for the job.

Didn’t Reynolds Captain Broncos last year?His first season in Brisbane. The same with Townsend being Captain at the Cowboys in his first season, and then Tino was in his 2nd season at Titans and Captain at age 21 (Random info, Tino was born in NSW, but another playing for QLD). Anyway, I think it’s about having the best man for the job.
Nothing to see here.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve never said anything remotely negative about RFM…have never hated on Burton (just given my opinion he is playing out of position. Have never bagged Kikau (just said we’re paying him overs) and all I said about Mahoney is he needs to lose the puppy fat and remember how to use his knees.

Just because I’m not a fanboy simping over everything we do doesn’t mean I don’t live the club. It just means I’m willing to think and not just blindly follow whoever is in charge when they make dumb decisions.
You make Nasheed sound like Peter Sterling

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They bring a wealth of experience and winning attitudes. It’s about the best for the job.

Didn’t Reynolds Captain Broncos last year?His first season in Brisbane. The same with Townsend being Captain at the Cowboys in his first season, and then Tino was in his 2nd season at Titans and Captain at age 21 (Random info, Tino was born in NSW, but another playing for QLD). Anyway, I think it’s about having the best man for the job.
Nothing to see here.
Brisbane snd the Tits missed the finals, so may not be the best examples.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foxx comes from a winning culture. Foxx and Burton co-captains. Should have been a no brainer. At least they know what it means to be dogs.
Yeah SmElliott came through our system, he was our junior, played first grade saw himself as a leader, he knew what the club stood for, he knew our culture but still he threw up all over it swinging his dick to sweet Caroline....but he also knew how to be the wrong kind of Dog....he went sniffing around toilet cubicles and best mates partners. When everyone looked down apon his actions you went in to bat for him??? In your twisted mind he did nothing wrong. What's that say about you Ute and the culture you up hold??? I wouldn't talk about culture if I were you. You my friend have lost all credability!!!

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What culture? The losing culture of the last 8 seasons of missing the finals? Is that the culture we need to reward and prolong?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What culture? The losing culture of the last 8 seasons of missing the finals? Is that the culture we need to reward and prolong?
Better to lose as Bulldogs than win as Panthers.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brisbane snd the Tits missed the finals, so may not be the best examples.
Brisbane and the Tits both had solo captains….Cowboys had an outsider and a current player become co-captains….hmmm…..maybe that’s the winning recipe?

Reactions: TAS

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At this stage I feel that should @Flanagun start saying positive things about the Dogs, we will be doomed to 13th place or something. Call me superstitious, but as things now stand, the Universe itself needs the Dogs to do well this season, purely to stick the cosmic middle finger to all of the concepts that have so far been proposed, and hopefully will continue to be proposed.

Keep going @Flanagun and keep being creatively negative, pretty soon the Universe will demand that we win the GF.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Better to lose as Bulldogs than win as Panthers.
That's the definition of a losing culture. It's better to win at any cost than to lose at all. That's always been the Bulldog way. Sorry that Gus and Ciraldo will make us competitive again. You'll always have memories of the glory years of Flanagan, Elliott and Okunbur etc

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Brisbane and the Tits both had solo captains….Cowboys had an outsider and a current player become co-captains….hmmm…..maybe that’s the winning recipe?
Lol they have no culture anyway… apart from wearing thongs to restaurants.