Two of the six members of our “leadership group” have never played FG for the bulldogs

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Fam,

It just occurred to me that 33.3 percent of our leadership group have never played a game for us in first grade… let alone have a good idea of what the club is all about. One of those players has been named co-captain.

There was a time when you had to earn your stripes for this club. Our culture is slowly dying. Sad times… sad times indeed.
@Flanagun.

Have to say mate I am dissapointed in you..

Your posts of late have become worse than your kicking ability

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not your best post Gun, this wont make it to 10 pages, now if you came out and said Flanno should be capt you would have had a better reaction
Five pages in less than 24 hours isn’t too shabby, baby!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun.

Have to say mate I am dissapointed in you..

Your posts of late have become worse than your kicking ability
Everyone’s a critic. 5th page and still going strong, baby! This post is classic ‘gun.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hi Fam,

It just occurred to me that 33.3 percent of our leadership group have never played a game for us in first grade… let alone have a good idea of what the club is all about. One of those players has been named co-captain.

There was a time when you had to earn your stripes for this club. Our culture is slowly dying. Sad times… sad times indeed.
Leaders lead, enough said…baby!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That they shouldn’t be captain until they’ve played for the club. Would have thought that would be pretty obvious, famioso!
Would have thought that was up to the club and the players, not armchair critics like us.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nobody should captain a team they’ve never played for.
Technically our 3 won’t Captain a team that they’ve never played for. RFM is the off field Captain and he has played 88 games for us and he will be the Captain until the team runs out for the first games, tick. Obviously Burton played for us last season, tick. The instant Mahoney steps onto the field in the first game then he will then have played for us, before he does any Captaining, tick. Hence all 3 pass your test.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Would have thought that was up to the club and the players, not armchair critics like us.
If we all agreed with every decision the club made, there would be no discussion on here.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Technically our 3 won’t Captain a team that they’ve never played for. RFM is the off field Captain and he has played 88 games for us and he will be the Captain until the team runs out for the first games, tick. Obviously Burton played for us last season, tick. The instant Mahoney steps onto the field in the first game then he will then have played for us, before he does any Captaining, tick. Hence all 3 pass your test.

Always a Bulldog
Don't be obtuse. You understand the point I was making.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I was being pedantic, most definitely not obtuse.

I understood the point that you were attempting to make, but you failed at it.

Always a Bulldog
Nah, you're being deliberately obtuse, baby. Also, you are incorrect. I'm sure both on field co-captains will address the side as leaders before they even leave the sheds....hell, they'll probably do it at training. RFM's role is more an ambassadorial role. The act of captaincy doesn't begin with the first chat with the ref....it begins in title with the appointment and in actions with the first leadership address.

Oh so sorry. you lose.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, you're being deliberately obtuse, baby. Also, you are incorrect. I'm sure both on field co-captains will address the side as leaders before they even leave the sheds....hell, they'll probably do it at training. RFM's role is more an ambassadorial role. The act of captaincy doesn't begin with the first chat with the ref....it begins in title with the appointment and in actions with the first leadership address.

Oh so sorry. you lose.
After the coaching staff the Leadership Group will address the payers, each to his assigned player group, forwards, backs spine etc. That's why there are 3 huddles in the dressing room.

RFM is the players' chosen Club (not just NRL) Captain, my understanding is that it was unanimous.

You are still losing and I'm not sorry.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
After the coaching staff the Leadership Group will address the payers, each to his assigned player group, forwards, backs spine etc. That's why there are 3 huddles in the dressing room.

RFM is the players' chosen Club (not just NRL) Captain, my understanding is that it was unanimous.

You are still losing and I'm not sorry.

Always a Bulldog
Three huddles and six members of the leadership group.... the only leaders which fit into two of the three sub categories you mentioned are the two co-captains.... while the other leadership group members will no doubt have input and address their specific groups at times, the two team co-captains will actually captain the side....both on and off the field...regardless of the official title that has been given to them.

RFM's role is Club captain....you said it yourself....he won't be the player steering the ships during games or opposed sessions (I'm guessing in the latter scenario, Mahoney and Burton will lead and CAPTAIN the two sides in those opposed sessions. You be trippin' if you think Burto and Reed's roles won't commence before they take the field for their first games of the season.

Come on, work harder....make me sweat, baby!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Three huddles and six members of the leadership group.... the only leaders which fit into two of the three sub categories you mentioned are the two co-captains.... while the other leadership group members will no doubt have input and address their specific groups at times, the two team co-captains will actually captain the side....both on and off the field...regardless of the official title that has been given to them.

RFM's role is Club captain....you said it yourself....he won't be the player steering the ships during games or opposed sessions (I'm guessing in the latter scenario, Mahoney and Burton will lead and CAPTAIN the two sides in those opposed sessions. You be trippin' if you think Burto and Reed's roles won't commence before they take the field for their first games of the season.

Come on, work harder....make me sweat, baby!
You are so dumb sometimes Flannelette, let me help you with your counting since you seem to unable to read what I wrote. Mahony and Burton are in the Leadership Group and they address the spine group. Kikau and King handle the forwards group with JAC addressing the backs group. That wasn't so hard was it?

Of course Mahony and Burton will have roles before the first game of the season, they are in the Leadership Group.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You are so dumb sometimes Flannelette, let me help you with your counting since you seem to unable to read what I wrote. Mahony and Burton are in the Leadership Group and they address the spine group. Kikau and King handle the forwards group with JAC addressing the backs group. That wasn't so hard was it?

Of course Mahony and Burton will have roles before the first game of the season, they are in the Leadership Group.

Always a Bulldog
Don't assume I don't understand your argument. My issue with your argument isn't my lack of understanding...My issue with your argument is that I think it is bollocks.

You honestly think Burton won't address the backs group too? Or that Mahoney won't address the forwards? Not to mention leading entire groups in opposed sessions, as I mentioned. The reality is, they have both been handed roles which transcend those of the other leadership group members.... and these roles will commence before they take the firls for our first game, whether they are referred to as game day on field captains, or not.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't assume I don't understand your argument. My issue with your argument isn't my lack of understanding...My issue with your argument is that I think it is bollocks.

You honestly think Burton won't address the backs group too? Or that Mahoney won't address the forwards? Not to mention leading entire groups in opposed sessions, as I mentioned. The reality is, they have both been handed roles which transcend those of the other leadership group members.... and these roles will commence before they take the firls for our first game, whether they are referred to as game day on field captains, or not.
We are the family club, everyone is encouraged to talk to everyone.

My issue with your initial post is that it is bullshit, deliberately written (as are most of your posts) to encourage responses or outrage. TK responses are not likes clicks you know, you don't paid for them

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We are the family club, everyone is encouraged to talk to everyone.

My issue with your initial post is that it is bullshit, deliberately written (as are most of your posts) to encourage responses or outrage. TK responses are not likes clicks you know, you don't paid for them

Always a Bulldog
I don't need the cash. I already made my fortune as a candle maker and retired. This is volunteer work, baby! Full disclosure, what I do is not completely selfish. I do get paid in e-cred, baby.