Trent Hodkinson 2015 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hodkinson played enough football in the reggies when Keating played in his 7 jumper all the way to us losing the GF against Melbourne. If that 6 month stint didn't do anything for him then what makes you think a few games now will LOL!
Well he must be cut soon as we cant continue like this for too much longer.

41 times in the Dragqueens 20m zone & we get 1 try?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He probably had his worst game ever for us today. He was going so bad I was hoping he'd be taken off instead of Lichaa for Reynolds.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our 5th tackle options is just embarrassing! !
Ive ran out of excuses with my mates giving me shit...
I just have to agree with them now!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And just earlier in the week Hodkinson asking for 500K a season to stay at the 'Dogs?

LOL i'll pay you 500K to leave the 'Dogs Hodkinson. You're an anchor.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our 5th tackle options is just embarrassing! !
Ive ran out of excuses with my mates giving me shit...
I just have to agree with them now!
Seriously the rest of the team will start to give up as well. Why bash yourself to get up to the other end of the field for nothing?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I never saw a real problem with him just him being a silly ****er that could play well, look at Dugan guy gets fired by the NRL and comes back and nothing has been heard about him being an idiot and etc.

For me Carney just needs to be around better people not who he was with at the Roosters, Sharks or Raiders. He seems like a fish and does shit out of the moment when next to other silly idiots.
Was he not involved in a high speed police chase? Lol. Thatbis more than just being silly aha

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think the frustration showed when Morris took it upon his own to scoot from dummy half on last tackle and didn't score. The players are sick of it.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Throw one of the cheerleaders the number 7 jersey, surely they'd know what to do with any balls thrown their way and give us better options LOL

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad townsend is off contract.

He shows alot more creativity and speed than hokko. read he can also kick goals.
At this stage I would only consider Maloney and Carney as a quick fix.

wouldn't bother with anyone else, would rather play the 2 young blokes in Mbye & Frawley and live with the ups and downs of watching 2 young halves develop.

atleast they have an excuse, not like our seasoned halves

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was he not involved in a high speed police chase? Lol. Thatbis more than just being silly aha
Wait was he, I don't think I ever heard of this before either way I want my team to win games good and win premierships now. Its been too long lol...

I think the frustration showed when Morris took it upon his own to scoot from dummy half on last tackle and didn't score. The players are sick of it.
Yeah it did look like that.

Throw one of the cheerleaders the number 7 jersey, surely they'd know what to do with any balls thrown their way and give us better options LOL
Nah don't do that, our cheerleaders are actually respectable and educated girls.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The most puzzling part of his game today was on at least 10 occasions on the 5th tackle with the ball played 5m away from the sideline, Trent was standing between the two just standing there. Now as a defending team they would not even need to think about marking him because there is no way he is getting the ball in that position which means they can put more pressure on our only other kicker.
And today, he was slow off the line 4-5 steps behind his inside and outside defended and what's even worse 4-5 steps slower to get onside. I've seen Ron Massey players with more enthusiasm then him after today's performance which was poor, very poor.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm with Marley.

Throw the book at Carney.

I will personally throw in 10k for him if he signs with us for a couple of years.

I'd rather a bloke pissing in his own mouth with extreme talent, then a bloke shitting on the field and our team like Hodko is week in week out who once again offers nothing and infact is a handicap to have.

On a serious note, has anyone called kid's help line for Billris/bulldog_fan yet?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
He is dismal. There were times today when there were two guys bunched together to mark T. rex and that created a glaring hole for Hodko but he still passed it to the marked man.
I have never seen a halfback get caught so many times on the 5th as I have with Hodko this year. It's infuriating.
His kicking game is jon existent and even his defence has gone down hill.
I don't think he's 100% after his injuries, perhaps he never will be. As sad as it is we can't carry the guy anymore. He's a dud

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Hodkinson played enough football in the reggies when Keating played in his 7 jumper all the way to us losing the GF against Melbourne. If that 6 month stint didn't do anything for him then what makes you think a few games now will LOL!
He played 1 game and got injured.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe he is playing shit because he knows the club won't be renewing/told him to look somewhere else, but in reality, no one wants him.

not even desperate manly or sharks.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des should take the blinkers off......this blind faith in Hokko & JR is misplaced and costing him and the team premierships.
It was fine when we had barba at FB and playing off the forwards as if they themselves were the 1/2s, but that style does not have a place anymore. In fairness, we made the gf last year with the same structure, but today we looked anything like a gf team.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Marley.

Throw the book at Carney.

I will personally throw in 10k for him if he signs with us for a couple of years.

I'd rather a bloke pissing in his own mouth with extreme talent, then a bloke shitting on the field and our team like Hodko is week in week out who once again offers nothing and infact is a handicap to have.

On a serious note, has anyone called kid's help line for Billris/bulldog_fan yet?
Why not? We will get slammed left, right and centre with the "he will fit in well at the bulldogs" but how is that worse than what we cop now anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.