Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sharpy, I suggest you stop trolling and watch the match again.

Hodko was one of our best. Eastwood, Barba, Hodkinson were our best last night.

His kicking game was solid and creative. In a side which was pretty pathetic, I thought he really tried to stand up last night. He made a couple of last ditch tackles to save Tony Williams' arse, made a couple of linebreaks and had another good game.

With Tony Williams, Hodko tried realy hard to give him a few shorts balls last night, but Williams just cannot run onto them. He is a pathetic player. One of our worst signings in a number of years.

It was just not our night, but you cannot blame Trent for the loss. As I said before, he was one of our best.
He started running the ball at the line and was trying all he could, those are good signs for a player who hasn't had much game time due to his injuries. Trent is improving every week and need his team mates to be on par with him when he does things so we can actually score/create moments to.

S

Submits

When Trent put in the chip kick for Barba and Barba got it if he looked to his left it was Trent unmarked and I think he would of had the pace for the last 25m or so as there was not anyone in sight.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When Trent put in the chip kick for Barba and Barba got it if he looked to his left it was Trent unmarked and I think he would of had the pace for the last 25m or so as there was not anyone in sight.
Was it done on tackle 2 though if so we should of held the ball for a quick play the ball, we had the Roosters on their toes and could of possibly scored with our gained meters and momentum.

trailie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Needs more of the ball in attacking areas for mine. I believe he has the ability to be a very good half back, but he's still probably getting his confidence back after the horrific injury toll endured over the past two seasons.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bite my head off but Keating suited the team last year. A lot of our back lines plays involved him and the way he moved the ball on the angle. We are terrible at it now, 5-6 tries this year off those plays.

Tails

Waterboy
Reaction score
Another thing to note was he had to switch to the right hand side with Romelo coming in. I thought he handled the switch quite well considering.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bite my head off but Keating suited the team last year. A lot of our back lines plays involved him and the way he moved the ball on the angle. We are terrible at it now, 5-6 tries this year off those plays.
Having two five-eighths made us kings with our running game and running attack but that isn't enough for this year sadly.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Another thing to note was he had to switch to the right hand side with Romelo coming in. I thought he handled the switch quite well considering.
Hodko is a very strong defender, only time I saw him struggle was when that bull Frank Paul ran at him with all he had.

S

Submits

Exactly, last year is last year. 2013 is a new year, and we saw in the first 6 rounds why we needed Hodkinson to come in. Teams are reading our plays better this year.. Keating is a rubbish halfback, and this year, we cannot afford to play with two 5/8ths.

Our issue atm is ball control and where we stand in attack (flat or deep).

I'm not too worried - we'll be alright.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Hodkinson, but I've noticed in every game we've lost he seems to take a back seat in the game.

He didn't play good or bad last night, but it's mainly because he didn't put himself in a position to make a wrong/right decision.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was it done on tackle 2 though if so we should of held the ball for a quick play the ball, we had the Roosters on their toes and could of possibly scored with our gained meters and momentum.
yeah we had opportunities in the game but poor execution once again hurt us. how bad did tank feel after the knock on call went against him when he was after a penalty on the 2nd tackle 15mtrs out from their line.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah we had opportunities in the game but poor execution once again hurt us. how bad did tank feel after the knock on call went against him when he was after a penalty on the 2nd tackle 15mtrs out from their line.
That was so iffy man, SBW was allowed to lay there no matter what. I know Frank tried to milk it but he had the right to with a player laying around his feet/legs doing nothing to move out of the way or slow the play the ball down SBW got away with it really.

Tails

Waterboy
Reaction score
Having two five-eighths made us kings with our running game and running attack but that isn't enough for this year sadly.
It's hard to have a running game when our forwards don't offload! What is it this year why we don't offload anymore? Too much one up stuff all the time and its been read too easily. Is Des keeping something up his sleeve until later in the season.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Trent Hodkinson playing so well. His Goal Kicking game is so good and his kicking game is tremendous.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is improving every week. He will be good with Reynolds come finals time.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In today's RLW.

The club is in negotiations to extend his contract.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Hodkinson, but I've noticed in every game we've lost he seems to take a back seat in the game.

He didn't play good or bad last night, but it's mainly because he didn't put himself in a position to make a wrong/right decision.
We needed a try against the Roosters.

Ennis gets held up over the line on the fourth and its 5th and last.

Hodkinson actually goes into to dummy half and simply passes the ball to Romelo who ultimately dribbles the ball into touch.

That's as backseat as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.