Official Trent Barrett to coach the Bulldogs for the next three seasons

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if he's gonna start getting in contact with the players now and popping in and out of the club to start getting things in order, or would that be considered unacceptable by the Panthers?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
at least its a signing and not having to put up with dean pay anymore, we shall see if theres any improvement by the end of next season as he will have better stock than pay had to work with

time is the only way this can be answered

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wonder if he's gonna start getting in contact with the players now and popping in and out of the club to start getting things in order, or would that be considered unacceptable by the Panthers?
I think Zoom meetings will do fine for now

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why cant we get burton on a loan deal at least? Not playing at penrith, hell we need all the help we can get

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At least now we have direction. With Thompson, Cotric and Barrett we can sell ourselves better to other targets. I can't see us signing a half for next season but I'd like to hope that the club is negotiating with a few hookers already.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
round 1 2021 I don't want to hear any bullshit excuse from anybody that he is new in the job and needs time, I want everybody to act like he has been in the job since Jul 2020

kennel: he is doing an excellent thing by getting more experience as an assistant for the rest of 2020, the things he could learn are going to benefit us, they is no possible reason for him to come here now

also kennel: give him time this is only his first game in charge, once the boys understand his gameplan and have been working under him for 6 months they will be better

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why cant we get burton on a loan deal at least? Not playing at penrith, hell we need all the help we can get
Fuck loan deals. They only benefit the club that loans them out. Sign him outright. If the Tigers didn't get Grant on loan they might be a chance of signing him outright. Now he will cost three times more, Melbourne won't let him go and the Tigers will still need a hooker next season.

Why develop Burton for a year then give him back to Penrith the finished article while we're left with problems in the halves once he goes back?

Sign him outright, make him an offer too good to turn down and we'll finally have our long term solution in the halves.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck loan deals. They only benefit the club that loans them out. Sign him outright. If the Tigers didn't get Grant on loan they might be a chance of signing him outright. Now he will cost three times more, Melbourne won't let him go and the Tigers will still need a hooker next season.

Why develop Burton for a year then give him back to Penrith the finished article while we're left with problems in the halves once he goes back?

Sign him outright, make him an offer too good to turn down and we'll finally have our long term solution in the halves.
Smarter option is a loan deal as he is contracted and not able to be signed unless he is released! Id love if he signed outright, but penrith wont allow it

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I guess I have to stop calling him ‘tampon’ to my saints mate now. Welcome to the club

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smarter option is a loan deal as he is contracted and not able to be signed unless he is released! Id love if he signed outright, but penrith wont allow it
Contracts mean fuck all these days. If we offer Burton a starting role, 500k and the chance to play under Barrett again, he and his manager just have to leak stories to the press and put pressure on til it happens. He can't be happy being on 200k and being outside the 17 for much longer.

If not, sign him on November 1 this year for 2022.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Can't see him stay ing at penrith too much longer. Hel be trying to sign players for us and theyl boot him out

Dallas040609

New Pup
Reaction score
Paul Kent last night said we have no chance of making the 8 next year, should of seen his face when he said it

Stated it was impossible to go from last to successful in one year

Hello bone head Bulldogs 2008-09
Roosters 09-10

He just hates the club

For the first time in a long time I'm excited for next year

The last time I was excited for a season was probably 2013 after what we did in 2012

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liking what he’s saying right now on NRL on fox. Trent seems like a winner making all the right noises

I’m pumped 2021

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alright I'm sold after hearing Barrett on NRL 360 tonight.

Hopefully he gets rid of the shit coaching staff currently at the club and replaces them all with competent guys.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was an impressive interview on nrl 360. Said a lot of right things.
He did say its important not to rush with recruitment. Hope the club really include him in this.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz sounds good on NRL 360. He did say there is positions in the team we have identified need fixing. Sounds like he is very aware we need a 9.