Official Trent Barrett to coach the Bulldogs for the next three seasons

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're excited to announce the signing of Trent Barrett as Head Coach for the next three seasons.

Barrett, will finish this season with Penrith before joining us here at Belmore for our 2021 campaign.

Barrett had an outstanding playing career that involved 235 NRL matches with the Illawarra Steelers, St George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla Sharks, plus 60 matches for Wigan in the UK.

He also represented New South Wales on 11 occasions and won 15 caps for Australia.

As a coach, Barrett was in charge of the Manly Sea Eagles between 2016-18 and is current Assistant Coach at the Penrith Panthers.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to bring Barrett to Belmore as Head Coach:

"We have acted swiftly to secure the services of Trent because we believe he is the right man to take our club forward. Having spoken to Trent on a number of occasions we have been impressed with his vision for the future of our football team and how he will look to develop our players on and off the field.

Trent has been around the game a long time and has a great knowledge of football and how to bring the best out of players. We all look forward to him joining the Bulldogs family at the end of this season."

Barrett also thanked our Club for the opportunity to take on the Head Coach's role:

“I’d like to thank the Canterbury-Bankstown Club for appointing me to the position of Head Coach and for giving me the opportunity to become part of the Bulldogs family. The Club has a long and proud history of success in Rugby League and is a Club founded on strong work ethics and family values. I look forward to, and am excited by, the challenges ahead in terms of making this Club a serious competition force again.

I would also like to thank the Panthers for their support and understanding. As my job there is not yet done, and out of respect to the Panthers, I will not be making any further comment until the conclusion of the season.”

Source - Club Email

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Strong statement from Barrett...".....making this Club a serious competition force again."

At least he didn't say "Dogs of War or Madness" lol

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he still a smokescreen Isaac?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy Tbaz Day everyone!

I'm just glad we have some clarity moving forward and a plan locked in.

I'd be lying if I'm not a little nervous about his appointment but I hope he is a great success and gets us back to where we belong.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Onwards and upwards from here. Barrett will bring some much needed excitement in attack, help us attract players and knows how to develop players..

Now that Barrett is finally confirmed, the club can be aggressive in recruitment. Things are looking much more positive in the space of a few weeks and now this will go a long way to shutting up the clowns in the media that have been attacking the club non stop.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Told you guys it was going to be announced at 3pm ;)

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We're excited to announce the signing of Trent Barrett as Head Coach for the next three seasons.

Barrett, will finish this season with Penrith before joining us here at Belmore for our 2021 campaign.

Barrett had an outstanding playing career that involved 235 NRL matches with the Illawarra Steelers, St George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla Sharks, plus 60 matches for Wigan in the UK.

He also represented New South Wales on 11 occasions and won 15 caps for Australia.

As a coach, Barrett was in charge of the Manly Sea Eagles between 2016-18 and is current Assistant Coach at the Penrith Panthers.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to bring Barrett to Belmore as Head Coach:

"We have acted swiftly to secure the services of Trent because we believe he is the right man to take our club forward. Having spoken to Trent on a number of occasions we have been impressed with his vision for the future of our football team and how he will look to develop our players on and off the field.

Trent has been around the game a long time and has a great knowledge of football and how to bring the best out of players. We all look forward to him joining the Bulldogs family at the end of this season."

Barrett also thanked our Club for the opportunity to take on the Head Coach's role:

“I’d like to thank the Canterbury-Bankstown Club for appointing me to the position of Head Coach and for giving me the opportunity to become part of the Bulldogs family. The Club has a long and proud history of success in Rugby League and is a Club founded on strong work ethics and family values. I look forward to, and am excited by, the challenges ahead in terms of making this Club a serious competition force again.

I would also like to thank the Panthers for their support and understanding. As my job there is not yet done, and out of respect to the Panthers, I will not be making any further comment until the conclusion of the season.”

Source - Club Email
Things start to look promising, for next year

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still think he is trying to squeeze more coin out of us and using Baz as an excuse.
How? As it stands he is contracted to us and isn't even off contract.

We aren't just gonna give him a completely new contract with new figures. It's got nothing to do with money.

He doesn't wanna be here, and I think there's higher ups who also don't want him here however the club doesn't wanna come out looking like the loser here.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still think he is trying to squeeze more coin out of us and using Baz as an excuse.
Yeah who knows what will happen. It won't bother me if he leaves as long as we get compensation for him.

But maybe Barrett can get in his ear as they have a good relationship from Penrith. If he stays, he'd suit Barrett's attacking style with his offloads

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to say I told you so, but I didn't because I knew nothing and had nothing to say