Opinion Trent Barrett’s fault we Lost

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well obvious one is Allen in (He is crap but better than The dud).

Burns/JAC on the left, Schoupp/Naden on the right.

Wakeham hb and Avo/Naden right wing.
Allan is injured

Averillo is not an outside back. Only played there to get FG experience.

Only real option is Schoupp, and then slot in Wakeham.

But would Wakeham be a better half than Averillo?

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We lost because we failed to convert our dominance in the 20 mins before half time. The positive thing was we were creating the chances but poor execution in the final play or just bad luck stopped us getting the points.

It was always going to be dangerous heading into the second half leaving so many points on the field.
Plain and simple.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Allan is injured

Averillo is not an outside back. Only played there to get FG experience.

Only real option is Schoupp, and then slot in Wakeham.

But would Wakeham be a better half than Averillo?
Can He be worse than Avo @ HB? Especially as Avo is not a HB.

Isn't Allan back next week?

Avo @ centre might work as he will have less pressure on him.

But we will never know because super coach keeps picking Avo @ 7 and the dick fingers in FG.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can He be worse than Avo @ HB?

Isn't Allan back next week?

Avo @ centre might work as he will have less pressure on him.

But we will never know because super coach keeps picking Avo @ 7 and the dopey deadlocked **** in FG.
Not sure when Allan is back.

Averillo showed last year that he has no idea how to defend at centre because he has rarely played the position in his life.

If Wakeham is the better half then he needs to put the runs on the board in NSWCup. Not sure he has done that yet. I hope he does. We need better performances from our HB.

Eventually I think BBO will outshine all of them, but he isn't ready to be a fulltime FG HB yet.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett is 100% to blame for the absolute shit show of attack having what 4 sets in a row on their try line? But some players namely I don’t cut my hair okunbir who just watches a bronco run acting baffled he’s on the fkn field. But why was no bulldog charging the kick where the broncos fumbled it, that was an easy try. S
That baffled me to0, why JAC was shielding it and not diving on it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not sure when Allan is back.

Averillo showed last year that he has no idea how to defend at centre because he has rarely played the position in his life.

If Wakeham is the better half then he needs to put the runs on the board in NSWCup. Not sure he has done that yet. I hope he does. We need better performances from our HB.
Wakeham should have a go in FG. Let's be honest, we have 6-8 very possible losses coming up so giving Wakeham a shot next to Burton isn't something major, if you know what I mean.

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Blame okunbor but it’s Barrett who chooses him, Barrett is the reason we lost today 100%
Jesus you guys are unreal sometimes, I agree Okenf&ckingbour was bad but that was the best game we have played for years, real signs of improvement, the future looks bright, but you insist on giving it to Barrett. He is doing well in this regard. Let’s stick with the positives and hope that Okenbour isn’t there next week

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We lost because we failed to convert our dominance in the 20 mins before half time. The positive thing was we were creating the chances but poor execution in the final play or just bad luck stopped us getting the points.

It was always going to be dangerous heading into the second half leaving so many points on the field.
Exactly. We could have been up 22-4 at half time, won and been 2-0 and it'd be a very different narrative. I had the same feeling when they kept holding us out. That those missed opportunities would come back to haunt us and unfortunately they did.

Burton showed enough flashes of his ability to be excited about and once the combinations are sharper and he gets more involved, we'll take advantage of those opportunities. Add Mahoney and Kikau to the mix and we're a dangerous team. So I get everyone's frustration, but I took way more positives out of the game than negatives.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He means that Barrett keeps picking a shit **** who isn't a FGers arsehole.
I get that but is still early he let in 2 tries but maybe they can look at that and work on it we are re rebuilding... mid way last season i was screaminh/posting okunbor needs to go

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That would destroy the morale of the players.

This is the point where a good coach manages the minutes of an over the hill captain without upsetting the playing group.

By all accounts Jackson is a very likeable guy and just dumping him last a smelly sock could lead to the coach losing the dressing room
I get that but we are the reigning wooden spooners , I don’t think the players morale is sky high.
Jackson has been playing below par for quite some time , it’s not just a handful or games . Maybe relieving him of captaincy duties may help his game.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sad thing is we are so close to good we can all sense it, but unfortunately we have 3 missing pieces with maybe 1 quick fix available - other 2 not so sure.

Right wing Quick Fix - Sack Okunbor, Burns to wing & Schoupp back in at Centre. Or maybe even give Schoupp a crack at wing.... anything better than Okunbor ( Allen I think is still injured)

Lock - Our game plan is based around a ball playing lock when we don't have one. Jackson's only place in this current structure could only be prop, but then he wouldn't strengthen that position anyway.
Possible Option - Bring Cook in at 9 and play JMK at lock and alternate all three including BBO. I'm not real sure but we need to try something.

Half Back - We don't have one, so give somone else a crack.... BBO, Wakeham, Flanno, heck even JMK.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I get that but is still early he let in 2 tries but maybe they can look at that and work on it we are re rebuilding... mid way last season i was screaminh/posting okunbor needs to go
That's the thing bro, most of us aren't basing our judgment on the last two games, it's based on his career with us. Sure he might fluke a try once in a while but FMD he doesn't learn and hasn't shown any improvement.

He is a liability and just hinders our rebuilding.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get that but we are the reigning wooden spooners , I don’t think the players morale is sky high.
Jackson has been playing below par for quite some time , it’s not just a handful or games . Maybe relieving him of captaincy duties may help his game.
I think morale is actually quite high.

The way they celebrated tries and good tackles they looked like quite a tight group. Much tighter than last year.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completely agree. I just can’t fathom any reason whatsoever to have him in the side (unless he has some unruly photos of someone!). Even blind Freddy can see the joke of a player does not belong in any first or reserve grade team. Baz is completely at fault to keep picking him - yet another example of Baz not being up to it!
Don’t forget building your whole off season around a player who plays and the centres but is forced to play half. I just don’t understand his methods. I kno Des was the mad man. But this guy is the biggest dud for moving players around. What a way to kill growth and development