Opinion Trent Barrett’s fault we Lost

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone coming up with these genius tips for Barrett. Fact is if we were as fit as Brisbane we win easily. We dominated them in the forwards in the first half but couldn't sustain it in the second. This has happened a lot in the last 5 years. It was glaring yesterday and we are still a 50 minute football side. All the combinations mean jack shit if the side isn't fit enough.
Our players & coaching staff aren’t fit enough between the ears! Poor on field decisions & even poorer use of our interchanges…

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact is we only scored 2 tries, we only scored 10 points; it won’t win you too many games in the NRL. Creating opportunities isn’t the objective, converting them into 4 pointers is.
Our lack of points scoring is directly related to the sub standard DH service & lack of direction in attack from our 7. Averillo has had the back end of last season, 2 trials & 2 NRL games this season to emphatically declare he’s not the answer- Flanno was dropped after 4 games Scrutiny is on Sandercock & Baz to change the course of the team’s destiny, assist rather the burden Burton’s game by replacing what’s clearly not working…
Creating opportunities is progress in the right direction and finishing them off comes with time playing together. It’s totally counter productive to blow up the spine when it’s improving week on week as it is now. I’d argue that replacing the hooker and halfback Burton spent the offseason with places more pressure on him too.

Personally I’m no fan of JMK or the way Tbaz uses Averillo either but I’m willing to give them more than 2 games. Going back to square one with Flanagan would be such a backward step.

One thing Id love to see is BBO getting more game time especially a stint before halftime. Other then that let the spine gel and if the progression stops then blow it up.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your take on football is as fucked as your take on politics.
But was happy to blame Hasler for everything on field and off actually lmao. You’re a meme. Also don’t bring up politics here then run to the mods when you get upset

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But was happy to blame Hasler for everything on field and off actually lmao. You’re a meme. Also don’t bring up politics here then run to the mods when you get upset
ohhhhh................................poor baby

Did I upset your Nazi sensibilities???????

Never run tom the mods in my life but hey you never let the truth get in the way of a good rant so why start now.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like our fitness training needs revision.

We were dominant in the first half, and any other team would have executed the Broncos in the second half. But we were completely gassed.

Yes, we had some shit calls and Okunbor exists...but still.
I agree, our fitness is a concern. We had players with their hands on their hips. We need to be fitter. Bring back Billy Johnstone, he would get them fit. Regardless of his age.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tbaz is going to get coach killed if he keeps picking Averillo, Burns & Okunbor on the same edge

Only someone like Josh Morris could babysit Okunbor in D

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well obvious one is Allen in (He is crap but better than The dud).

Burns/JAC on the left, Schoupp/Naden on the right.

Wakeham hb and Avo/Naden right wing.
I 100% want this, Burns/JAC get the points especially with burns hands, that side is complete defensively. Other side get the metres although defense is questionable. No need for okunbor at all, naden can leap up high ive seen it before. Too bad our coach is too dumb to see this. Add kiks to that left side and most of our points will come from there. Mahoney steering the team aswell. Its promising. Our coach is my only worry… i dont see him surviving this year tbh

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Felt for JAC. It's astonishing that no one gives the ball to him.
Nadens a fuk in hog that’s why...he is not a centre....high time the club looks for some genuine centres with genuine pace...wish we had one of the broncos centres

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel like our fitness training needs revision.

We were dominant in the first half, and any other team would have executed the Broncos in the second half. But we were completely gassed.

Yes, we had some shit calls and Okunbor exists...but still.
Are you for real man??? Our fitness is first class we outlasted the Cowboys in their own humid conditions last week and even against the Broncos the commentators said the Broncs were gassed with 15 minutes to go and we were fresh as. It’s our finishing touches letting us down not our fittness.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I 100% want this, Burns/JAC get the points especially with burns hands, that side is complete defensively. Other side get the metres although defense is questionable. No need for okunbor at all, naden can leap up high ive seen it before. Too bad our coach is too dumb to see this. Add kiks to that left side and most of our points will come from there. Mahoney steering the team aswell. Its promising. Our coach is my only worry… i dont see him surviving this year tbh
Last time i checked we were 1/2?
Ref cost us on the weekend, they have trained all preseason in certain combinations
Team list will stay the same and so it should
You need consistency especially in the spine

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Last time i checked we were 1/2?
Ref cost us on the weekend, they have trained all preseason in certain combinations
Team list will stay the same and so it should
You need consistency especially in the spine
U cant rely on the refs to produce the plays that go towards you, u still have to make things count. That tackle okunbor attempted on farnworth after the one one one strip was under 6s inspired. Literally an arm swing nor looked even close to an attempt. U have to at least try to stop him but he just missed it then didn’t even sprint back just jogged. These type of players bring others down and i dont like him in this team.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, our fitness is a concern. We had players with their hands on their hips. We need to be fitter. Bring back Billy Johnstone, he would get them fit. Regardless of his age.
We looked pretty fit in the first round.

Both teams were gassed yesterday. There were bodies strewn all over the ground after full time.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
U cant rely on the refs to produce the plays that go towards you, u still have to make things count. That tackle okunbor attempted on farnworth after the one one one strip was under 6s inspired. Literally an arm swing nor looked even close to an attempt. U have to at least try to stop him but he just missed it then didn’t even sprint back just jogged. These type of players bring others down and i dont like him in this team.
yeh he wasn’t comitted they all didnt play to the whistle
But that try was burns error initially

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We looked pretty fit in the first round.

Both teams were gassed yesterday. There were bodies strewn all over the ground after full time.
We looked fit in the first game because NQ are nowhere near the quality of this Brisbane side.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Your kidding, we didn't look fit ?
Our games was probably the most intense and aggressive forward game of the weekend no wonder we looked gassed at the end. As did the broncos.
We didn't lose because of a lack of fitness.
We lost with some poor execution at times.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And because of Barrett talking at half time :fearscream: