Trbojevic, Hayne, Barba, Mullins or Slater?

Trbojevic, Hayne, Barba or Slater?

• Tom Trbojevic 2021

• Jarryd Hayne 2009

• Ben Barba 2012

• Brett Mullins 1994

• Billy Slater 2011

Results are only viewable after voting.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Barba 2012 in my opinion has not been repeated.

Hayne was also great in 2014 in a struggling Eels team and was immense for NSW. Probably as good as his 09 run at times and he won the Dally M that year also.

Turbo is on track but let's not forget that the rules this year really favour the attacking team which makes Barbas season more impressive.

Slater was a great career Fullback but never had any stand out seasons, he was consistently good.
Fair assessments.

Any of those fullbacks. Under these rules with 65% of possession to the attacking team and 6 agains giving 24? tackles in red zone....every single one of them pre-Turbo would have been dynamite.

Rugba Leeg now so you can't fairly compare or line up individual players or teams.

We've been robbed of that as well.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could've had

1. Ben Barba
7. Johnathan Thurston
9. Isaac Luke
13. SBW

Tell me we don't win at least 3 titles between 2009-2016 with that spine for our team.
the quality and quantity of players we lost from 2004 was stunning... remarkable mismanagement

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s hard to compare given the 2021 season is not a competitive season way way to many shit teams. TT and barba unbelievable players

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The players and the teams that Turbo is playing against is quite inferior compared to when Barba had his awesome season.

Barba went up against teams that had Slater, Cronk, Smith, Thurston, Inglis, Stewart, Foran, Benji at his peak, etc..

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Allan 2020
Stop With the hate champ, not good for the blood pressure gronk

BenBarba imo, we went all the way to the gf, in goal length of the field try’s, try saving tackles, the atmosphere whenever he made a break or even had the ball, a little biased but am I wrong ??

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Turbo is the stronger of them. He doesn't just run around players, he can run through them. Barba, Hayne couldn't push through them like Turbo can. If he backs it up a few years he will be GOAT or something. Hayne and Barba never really backed up their peak years. I don't bring Mullins into it, he's not as good as the others.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brett mullins would absolutely own the format of todays game. Jus sayin..
Mullins wouldn’t make it these days he ie a piss head, hed be the dugan off today

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turbo is the best right now in the NRL, but how many of his tries were a result of just backing up someone else who made a break and did the work and he went to score unmarked? At least half of his tries were like that. MOST of the time barba scored a try, it was individual brilliance that we’d never see again, like scoring 100m tries regularly and other freakish shit like the tries against Newcastle and parra. It’s scary to imagine him in the modern game. To me barba was more impressive

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Stop With the hate champ, not good for the blood pressure gronk

BenBarba imo, we went all the way to the gf, in goal length of the field try’s, try saving tackles, the atmosphere whenever he made a break or even had the ball, a little biased but am I wrong ??
Where’s the hate in my comment? You’re the one who is yet again resorting to name calling.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trbojevic has the luxury of playing in a year where new rules gifted some sides a huge possession count - sometimes as much as 70% of the ball. Plus they seemed to enjoy having an opposition player binned when the defence was tiring.

Barba or Slater would have been sensational in a side like Manly, Penrith or Storm with the multiple repeat sets they enjoyed.
I don't think Turbo Tom would have been as brilliant as Barba was in 2012.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Look all of them are great, but the things that Barba did in 2012 were just freaky - and I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.

Hayne, Slater and Turbo are all good, very good, and consistently good, but I do recall Hayne and Slater going in with their knees more than a few times.

A good fullback is more than just attack guys, remember that.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
It is hed be suspended like barba
But what a player and good bloke
No. Your not getting it, the "player" he was back then would flourish under the fkd
Up system we have now. Not talking about who he is today and what he does with his life.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No. Your not getting it, the "player" he was back then would flourish under the fkd
Up system we have now. Not talking about who he is today and what he does with his life.
Understand and yes i agree with his football ability.
he was a great player.