Trbojevic, Hayne, Barba, Mullins or Slater?

Trbojevic, Hayne, Barba or Slater?

• Tom Trbojevic 2021

• Jarryd Hayne 2009

• Ben Barba 2012

• Brett Mullins 1994

• Billy Slater 2011

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba had a massive "X" factor however he also had a massive "Z" grade brain and self-control.
Pitty, he could have been one of the greats, even an immortal...

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Peak Barba, sadly I hate to admit, he is one of my favourite most exciting players to watch to wear the dogs jersey.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peak Barba, sadly I hate to admit, he is one of my favourite most exciting players to watch to wear the dogs jersey.
And also the greatest disappointment, he could have been one of the greats.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And also the greatest disappointment, he could have been one of the greats.
We could've had

1. Ben Barba
7. Johnathan Thurston
9. Isaac Luke
13. SBW

Tell me we don't win at least 3 titles between 2009-2016 with that spine for our team.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We could've had

1. Ben Barba
7. Johnathan Thurston
9. Isaac Luke
13. SBW

Tell me we don't win at least 3 titles between 2009-2016 with that spine for our team.
Jizz

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Brett mullins would absolutely own the format of todays game. Jus sayin..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No fullback in history has had a greater influence in a sides season than turbo at manly this year if he doesn't play they would be fighting us for the spoon, Turbo for mine.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We could've had

1. Ben Barba
7. Johnathan Thurston
9. Isaac Luke
13. SBW

If SBW wasn't such a faggot and bounced in 2008 we would've won in 2009. We had already signed Morris and the 4 Broncos prior to him, all we lacked that year was a x factor which SBW was.

Same result in 2012 as that was the last year of his contract. We never had any major signings between 2009 to 2012, it's just such a shame a dynasty got ruined . Thurston and Luke were more understandable comparatively.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe cause it is fresh in my memory but the year Barba won the daily m was crazy.... He got the bounce of the ball 100% of the time and could do no wrong... Was always in the right place at the right time.... Only he didn't top it off with a premiership with us....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If SBW wasn't such a faggot and bounced in 2008 we would've won in 2009. We had already signed Morris and the 4 Broncos prior to him, all we lacked that year was a x factor which SBW was.

Same result in 2012 as that was the last year of his contract. We never had any major signings between 2009 to 2012, it's just such a shame a dynasty got ruined . Thurston and Luke were more understandable comparatively.
We lost 2012 because Des got out coached
He didn’t have a plan B for Bellamy rush in suffocating defence and couldn’t make adjustments in the second half plus that try J Moz should’ve scored that bounced to the sky allowing Slater time to punch it out.

2014 was scripted

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We lost 2012 because Des got out coached
He didn’t have a plan B for Bellamy rush in suffocating defence and couldn’t make adjustments in the second half plus that try J Moz should’ve scored that bounced to the sky allowing Slater time to punch it out.

2014 was scripted
We also got absolutely fucked in the lead up to the finals when Jason Taylor kept parroting how our play with Barba was illegal and an obstruction and we ended up getting penalised for it in the finals as well.

Goes to show the media is absolutely fucked

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding Tom it depends how deep they go in the finals. The premiership is what really matters. If they win he's got to be close to the best.

Slater on consistency.

Mullins hard to say with different rules.

Hayne and Barba were in crap teams but carried their teams. Tom has some quality around him in DCE, Jake and Saab

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How dare you not have Latrine Mitchell in this poll He is the greatest of all time…just ask him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gotta be Turbo T.

His statistics this season have been unbelievable.

2012: Ben Barba 22 tries (27 games), 24 line-breaks, 22 try-assists
2021: Turbo 19 tries (12 games). 20 line-breaks, 25 try assists, 34 line-break assists

The only thing Barba has over him is the fact he did it for much longer period of time. Turbo has had his season cut back due to injuries/origin. Turbo's run is probably more comparable to that of Hayne in 09, when he just shredded the comp in the back half.

But having said that...

1) Turbo
2) Barba
3) Hayne

I think a few people need to take off their blue and white goggles.
One thing I will add to the argument that alot of people forget when comparing the 2. Barba saved a shitload of tries with so amazing tackles holding players up or getting under the ball.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hayne or Turbo for me.

Hayne 2009 still freaks me out. Just came out of no where and carried along a team of reserve graders with him to the GF. They'd have won it too if it wasn't for a cheating Storm.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If manly win the gf ya would have to go with turbo
Blokes been incredible
Even if they don’t
Slater never dominated origin games the way turbo has
Slater was a supstar but turbo is just playing with teams
The effect he has even in origin is just wow
And I hate des and manly lol, so he must be killing it lol