Trbojevic, Hayne, Barba, Mullins or Slater?

Trbojevic, Hayne, Barba or Slater?

• Tom Trbojevic 2021

• Jarryd Hayne 2009

• Ben Barba 2012

• Brett Mullins 1994

• Billy Slater 2011

Results are only viewable after voting.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Which fullback had the highest peak? Which of them had the best single season?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Malla

Reaction score
Barba or Slater because they did it all year from round 1 to the grand final

Hayne finished the year strong but started the year slow. Turbo was injured the first couple months of the year. Mullins season I only really remember what he did in the finals.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't remember Slater having an individual season like Barba and Hayne, I think mainly because he was always surrounded by superstars but no doubt he's the best of the lot.

Brett Stuart I reckon was better than Slater if he wasn't always injured.

Mullins - Was good in an over the cap Raiders side. Rabs used to blow a load every time he touched the ball.

Haynes peak was short.

Barba had the best peak and probably wouldve continued onto 2013 and beyond. I remember the All stars game where he was on fire and then things fell apart.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Billy Slater won his only Dally M in 2011 and was good that year but he's 5th for me from this list. I only included him because people say he's the fullback GOAT but he's never had a season like the other 4.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mullins. He was the rockstar fullback before we knew about rockstar fullbacks.

Also he tried to cut my mates grass once in a Canberra pub, and failed. My mate still dines out on that 25 years later.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Trbojevic continues this form into the finals series and can get Manly into a Grand Final I'd edge him over both Barba and Hayne. They all did different things that the others couldn't do. Some of the tries from their in goal area that Barba and Hayne scored when under pressure and there was literally no way out and they found a way was freakish.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Barba or Slater because they did it all year from round 1 to the grand final

Hayne finished the year strong but started the year slow. Turbo was injured the first couple months of the year. Mullins season I only really remember what he did in the finals.
Mullins was incredible all of 1994 and 1995. Scored 4 tries in 1 game against the Knights and did that chip and chase try.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great thread... I'll rule Turbo as out as dominant as he's been because with these rules and with 70 points every game everyone's stats are inflated...

Slater was the best for a prolonged period out of these five and he was consistently great but his best season didn't touch the other three.

Mullins in the mid 90's was unstoppable but Hayne (as much as I hate him) and Barba were on another level and were dominating during the grapple/wrestling era when it was harder to score points. They also weren't on a truly dominant team like those Raiders teams were..

I'll go with Barba first then Hayne, Mullins, Turbo, Slater..

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hayne and Barba one season wonders are we talking longevity?? if yes Slater(big wanker yes but also a great player over many years)has to be there , and f me my memory is fading i dont remember Mullins that well.
So no doubt controversially at the moment i'd go Slater, a left field pick not on the list in Tedesco(but will get overtaken by TT), Turbo then Barba/Hayne/Mullins.
All greats on their day but a true great does it for a number of years for my money.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive never seen a better individual season than Barba's. He was the biggest reason a side with Kris fking Keating and Josh Reynolds made the grand final. His natural instinct has to be up there with the very best. Trbo has been phenomenal this season but Barba was on a different level that year.

If Barba didnt have the off-field issues, we wouldve won a comp.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair to say i didnt read Freak's follow on comment oops..default to Barba then i guess, Turbo may be favoured by the 6 again this year and missed some games but he has been farken sensational and still has more to give.