Transgender sports people

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The irony in your comments is that it's against the law to discriminate against transgender individuals. And as you said, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
I don't know what you mean by discriminating against transgenders, as far as I'm aware people have been having ex changes since time memorial.
As for the current bill before Parlarment, I can't see why it's such a problem, I know that 12-13 year old kids wanting to have a sex change, I blame this on the sex sells and the permissive society, you are entitled to your own opinion, and I'm not asking you to prove why your reason is correct and valid.
You don't have to belong to the Catholic Church or any Church for that matter, but you have to observe the law of the land.
AS for church discriminating against transgender kids, for a start it should be illegal for a doctor to preform sex change opp. on kids at least untill they turn !8, by then they most likely have left school. Do you believe it's ok for a young person with male genitalia and living as transgender been in a change room with the real women.
i'm not interested what happens in state schools they should be as liberal as the law allows.
I for the life of me can't understand why even the supporters let alone the practicing gays and transgenders would want to go to a Catholic Church or to any of it's schools.
The only reason I can see is that they want to stick it up the Catholic Church and the values taught by Jesus Himself.
BTW Hacky my friend, Jesus did not conform with the trends of his day, so why should the Catholic Church conform with some of today trends.
You have suggested that I hate gays and transgenders and compared me with the K.K.Klaners which I don't, Are you sure that you don't have a blind hatred for the Catholic Church, like many others.

Last edited:

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reply to the numerous Kelpie posts (not sure if they are all tagged):

Ladies and gentlemen. This is religious ideology manifest!

You are so evil and siloed its scary.

Thank f**k for gloablism and the breaking down of communication barriers. Your kind are getting exposed more and more.

But dont hate catholics, hate Catholicism

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by discriminating against transgenders, as far as I'm aware people have been having ex changes since time memorial.
As for the current bill before Parlarment, I can't see why it's such a problem, I know that 12-13 year old kids wanting to have a sex change, I blame this on the sex sells and the permissive society, you are entitled to your own opinion, and I'm not asking you to prove why your reason is correct and valid.
You don't have to belong to the Catholic Church or any Church for that matter, but you have to observe the law of the land.
AS for church discriminating against transgender kids, for a start it should be illegal for a doctor to preform sex change opp. on kids at least untill they turn !8, by then they most likely have left school. Do you believe it's ok for a young person with male genitalia and living as transgender been in a change room with the real women.
i'm not interested what happens in state schools they should be as liberal as the law allows.
I for the life of me can't understand why even the supporters let alone the practicing gays and transgenders would want to go to a Catholic Church or to any of it's schools.
The only reason I can see is that they want to stick it up the Catholic Church and the values taught by Jesus Himself.
BTW Hacky my friend, Jesus did not conform with the trends of his day, so why should the Catholic Church conform with some of today trends.
You have suggested that I hate gays and transgenders and compared me with the K.K.Klaners, Are you sure that you don't have a blind hatred for the Catholic Church, like many others.
I mean discrimination with comments like:

"As for the trangenders, the reason I call them sick is because they don't know its wrong"

Also, it's illegal to carry out a sex change on anyone under 18 so your argument there is pointless.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you support M2F trannies playing female sports, are you sexist?

Or are you sexist if you don't support it?

Moral of the story, there will ALWAYS be a bunch of Karens crying some sort of "ism".

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reply to the numerous Kelpie posts (not sure if they are all tagged):

Ladies and gentlemen. This is religious ideology manifest!

You are so evil and siloed its scary.

Thank f**k for gloablism and the breaking down of communication barriers. Your kind are getting exposed more and more.

But dont hate catholics, hate Catholicism
You are so weak and gutless that you are are unable to accept the right of others to believe in God.
I you were a half decent man you would pick out the points I've made and explain why you dont agree with them.
If I am evil and siloed, then you are a sick hate-blinded brain warped twisted individual, either unable or to weak to respond to someone elses different point of view.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's odd that gender re-assignment surgery for minors is legal in most States in the US. In Australia, and most other countries, it's illegal until they are 18.

This will put it in line with other countries. There are heavy restrictions on gender re-assignment surgery in the US (the person has to be diagnosed with a mental illness by a psychologist), but irreversible surgery should remain the choice of the individual when they reach legal age. Not the choice of the parent.

I disagree with the transgender sport block though. It shouldn't be a total block. But it needs to be a lot better than it is today. If an athlete meets the hormonal requirement and has transitioned for more than 12 months then they are effectively no different to natural borns. But the rules right now are rubbish. They don't even require them to have hormonal therapy.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
FINA has banned them from all swimming events including the Olympics.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Trans chess :smileycat:
Trans darts :smileycat:
Trans weightlifting :screamcat:
Trans mma :screamcat:
Trans boxing :screamcat:
Trans snooker :smileycat:
Trans swimming :screamcat:
Trans athletics :screamcat:
Trans paintball :smileycat:
Trans quota's :smilingimp:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FINA has done what it needs to do without all this whipping up hate that seems to be adding nothing. one would hope and expect other sporting bodies to also be sensible, to review the issue and draw their own conclusions.

Looking at who and who shouldn't be competing is the job of the individual sporting bodies, not politicians or wannabe politicians using the issue to look tough to win some votes (edit: as well as some of the media outlets that seem to want to make this a much bigger issue than it actually is. Because: clickbait/outrage).

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sports that rely on physicality should not allow trans to play vs females. But where that's not the case, like archery or horseriding etc it wouldn't be a problem

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
FINA has done what it needs to do without all this whipping up hate that seems to be adding nothing. one would hope and expect other sporting bodies to also be sensible, to review the issue and draw their own conclusions.

Looking at who and who shouldn't be competing is the job of the individual sporting bodies, not politicians or wannabe politicians using the issue to look tough to win some votes (edit: as well as some of the media outlets that seem to want to make this a much bigger issue than it actually is. Because: clickbait/outrage).
unsurprisingly, that only ones that are up in arms about this are all the trans athletes.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
unsurprisingly, that only ones that are up in arms about this are all the trans athletes.
LOL - did you never see the comments under an article on, say a news ltd or daily mail article when that awful Deves woman kept opening her mouth before the election?

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's odd that gender re-assignment surgery for minors is legal in most States in the US. In Australia, and most other countries, it's illegal until they are 18.

This will put it in line with other countries. There are heavy restrictions on gender re-assignment surgery in the US (the person has to be diagnosed with a mental illness by a psychologist), but irreversible surgery should remain the choice of the individual when they reach legal age. Not the choice of the parent.

I disagree with the transgender sport block though. It shouldn't be a total block. But it needs to be a lot better than it is today. If an athlete meets the hormonal requirement and has transitioned for more than 12 months then they are effectively no different to natural borns. But the rules right now are rubbish. They don't even require them to have hormonal therapy.
Is that true (that 12 months of hormones = similar to cisgender)? I don't mean to sound incredulous at all. I'm 100% in support of finding a good model for inclusion of everyone in sport (and just society in general). Testosterone is an anabolic steroid, though, after all. Granted, none of the trans people I know have spent their lives getting jacked and this would definitely not be the norm for most but, for arguments sake, if I, in my 30s, after 15+ years of working out regularly, playing contact sport and building a reasonable amount of muscle and bone density as a cisgender man, transitioned, could I expect to even remotely resemble a cisgender woman, in terms of body composition, after a year of hormone therapy? Is a year of hormone therapy enough of a qualifier to say I no longer hold an unreasonable physical advantage?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It seems 5o be a somewhat balanced response from Fina. They said that if the transgender athlete never went through male puberty (using hormone blockers) then they can still compete. So it's only affecting athletes that transition later, which is still many but not all. They also said that they're going to make their own event.

Honestly I think there's not much you can do about it other than this. Even if a transgender athlete has no bonus, if they win a race it's going to look like they had an advantage.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that true (that 12 months of hormones = similar to cisgender)? I don't mean to sound incredulous at all. I'm 100% in support of finding a good model for inclusion of everyone in sport (and just society in general). Testosterone is an anabolic steroid, though, after all. Granted, none of the trans people I know have spent their lives getting jacked and this would definitely not be the norm for most but, for arguments sake, if I, in my 30s, after 15+ years of working out regularly, playing contact sport and building a reasonable amount of muscle and bone density as a cisgender man, transitioned, could I expect to even remotely resemble a cisgender woman, in terms of body composition, after a year of hormone therapy? Is a year of hormone therapy enough of a qualifier to say I no longer hold an unreasonable physical advantage?
From what I've seen (and what was presented to Fina), after 12 months without the testosterone, or lower testosterone levels (women have testosterone too, just very low levels) there's no real difference for muscles but there is one vital difference. A person growing up with high testosterone levels will generally have a larger heart and lungs which is an advantage.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course there's so many other factors like the fact that a naturally tall woman will have larger lungs and heart than a naturally short man. But like for like, testosterone gives some advantages that can't be removed.