Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Fat Asian beats an obese Leb 9 times out of 10
Considering I'm neither, neither apply to me, making your post completely retarded... but then again look who posted it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope.

If things went smoothly, this would not be an issue.

One of the main reasons I believe is passengers.

Usually there is a max of 1 minute allocated for a train to dwell at each station.

During peak, passengers try to get off Trains at the same time as passengers try to get on them. There is no courtesy to allow people off first, it's a free for all. The delay this causes means the train is late out, holding up the next train, and the one after it.

If each train is delayed by 30 seconds, over the peak, that can add up quickly.

Throw in a mechanical fault, or a sick passenger and you have chaos
In short. This is the reason why trains usually get caught between Redfern and central in peak hour! Lmao.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope.

If things went smoothly, this would not be an issue.

One of the main reasons I believe is passengers.

Usually there is a max of 1 minute allocated for a train to dwell at each station.

During peak, passengers try to get off Trains at the same time as passengers try to get on them. There is no courtesy to allow people off first, it's a free for all. The delay this causes means the train is late out, holding up the next train, and the one after it.

If each train is delayed by 30 seconds, over the peak, that can add up quickly.

Throw in a mechanical fault, or a sick passenger and you have chaos
I hate how people push and shove for trains.
I'm that guy who raises his voice and tells everyone to calm down when its happening.

When I see people go to push in as the doors open I pull them up like a boss and make them wait for passengers to get off first!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Berejiklian being 4 billion over budget in her fantasy Metro rail network, probably has a tunnel from her house to the city.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Berejiklian being 4 billion over budget in her fantasy Metro rail network, probably has a tunnel from her house to the city.
She's as out of touch with what's good for this city as the previous 2 Premiers. I've got the perfect slogan for that lot...

Liberal - Taking Sydney Backward.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thought the transport minister said he was quitting if he couldn't strike a deal?

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Wonder if the strikes are going while I’m in town for the grand final and yes, I have already snagged myself an opal card hehe

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually I'd still rather pay for my fare than have strikes and services cancelled at any stage in the future. Nothing against you though @Ecca, you're my homeboy :kissingheart:
That is what we all want mate, he problem is the government is intentionally muddying the waters when it comes to information. this comes down to 2 things.

1) The NIF (New Intercity Fleet)
2) A new Enterprise Agreement.

Regarding;

1) the NIF, the RTBU are insistent that essential changes (And being a driver, I do believe them to be essential to the safe operation of the train for our customers) be agreed to by the government before we discuss the new Enterprise Agreement (which expired in May LAST YEAR)

2) the EA, yes, sure we want a pay raise commensurate with inflation, the government originally offered us 0.3% then 2.5% (Including superannuation) both of which constitute a real pay cut.

NOW - The Government - They have said "We have agreed to fix the NIF", but fail to mention that it is conditional upon us agreeing to a 2.5% pay raise per year for 3 years, and some other conditions that are detrimental to us and also allow the government free reign to fuck us without lube moving forward.

They say we keep moving the goal posts, but in reality they kick goals about as good as Sam Burgess could then after they miss badly, complain that we have moved the posts, when in fact they are the same place they were all along.

Personally, I want this DONE, I want it sorted, but, so long as they keep trying to go in Dry, I'll keep fighting

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That is what we all want mate, he problem is the government is intentionally muddying the waters when it comes to information. this comes down to 2 things.

1) The NIF (New Intercity Fleet)
2) A new Enterprise Agreement.

Regarding;

1) the NIF, the RTBU are insistent that essential changes (And being a driver, I do believe them to be essential to the safe operation of the train for our customers) be agreed to by the government before we discuss the new Enterprise Agreement (which expired in May LAST YEAR)

2) the EA, yes, sure we want a pay raise commensurate with inflation, the government originally offered us 0.3% then 2.5% (Including superannuation) both of which constitute a real pay cut.

NOW - The Government - They have said "We have agreed to fix the NIF", but fail to mention that it is conditional upon us agreeing to a 2.5% pay raise per year for 3 years, and some other conditions that are detrimental to us and also allow the government free reign to fuck us without lube moving forward.

They say we keep moving the goal posts, but in reality they kick goals about as good as Sam Burgess could then after they miss badly, complain that we have moved the posts, when in fact they are the same place they were all along.

Personally, I want this DONE, I want it sorted, but, so long as they keep trying to go in Dry, I'll keep fighting
I just get the feeling that even if the government did everything your union wanted there would be something new popping up each time, at least until the election which we all know are very linked