Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They are the NIF train (New Intercity fleet), they will replace the old V sets (silver trains that travel to the mountains, Wollongong and Newcastle)

They are the first set to not require 2 crew (driver and guard) to be on board to operate.
When are they due to start mate?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No idea tbh.

But, they are reducing crew numbers, puttingore pressure on the driver and paying them very little more to do 2 people's jons
Mate it’s a smart train it does the work for you

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
wait till the metro starts on the bankstown line
i work at the new multi mill dollar rail operations centre didnt stop the trains being in chaos yesterday from the storms!!!

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not even close to accurate.

The guard opens the doors, assists disabled passengers off and on, ensures it is safe to close doors, codes doors, ensures there is no obstruction on the platform and the train is safe to depart, and notifies the driver it is safe to depart then, also handles any emergency calls or passenger enquiries.

They want the driver to to all of these jobs on-top of ensure safe and smooth movement of the train, following correct signals and speeds.
Mate it’s a smart train it does the work for you

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not even close to accurate.

The guard opens the doors, assists disabled passengers off and on, ensures it is safe to close doors, codes doors, ensures there is no obstruction on the platform and the train is safe to depart, and notifies the driver it is safe to depart then, also handles any emergency calls or passenger enquiries.

They want the driver to to all of these jobs on-top of ensure safe and smooth movement of the train, following correct signals and speeds.
I can totally see what you are saying and don’t discount that.
For passengers that aren’t disabled or elderly will it be faster and more comfortable?

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope.

Non reversible seats for one.

The seats have USB charging ports (which will get jammed with chewing gum quick smart), and fold down tray tables which will get trashed quicker that the USB ports.if you have ever ridden on the old V sets with the purple seats, they are the most comfortable on the fleet
I can totally see what you are saying and don’t discount that.
For passengers that aren’t disabled or elderly will it be faster and more comfortable?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sucks they are getting rid of guards on these new trains.
Going to put a lot of pressure on the driver now.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nope.

Non reversible seats for one.

The seats have USB charging ports (which will get jammed with chewing gum quick smart), and fold down tray tables which will get trashed quicker that the USB ports.if you have ever ridden on the old V sets with the purple seats, they are the most comfortable on the fleet
Thanks mate. That’s shit and I can imagine losers putting chewing gum in etc. I don’t catch trains often but a USB & WiFi would be very handy

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be devastated when the last ridgey is gone... used to love painting ..I mean riding them :blush:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stuff the quite carraige we need a Bombay carraige for Indians I know yesterday was hot but fuck me jumped on a train yesterday these Indians were in the middlecpart getting off ,the stench was beyond terrible I thought it would go away once they were off .nope that shit was in the fabric in the aircon

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate. That’s shit and I can imagine losers putting chewing gum in etc. I don’t catch trains often but a USB & WiFi would be very handy
Bullet train in Japan usb charging more leg room than a first class flight ,air con is perfect nice and fast you can kick back with a beer ,no graffiti no rubbish no deadshits

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bullet train in Japan usb charging more leg room than a first class flight ,air con is perfect nice and fast you can kick back with a beer ,no graffiti no rubbish no deadshits
I’d definitely catch more trains if I was there mate!

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Stuff the quite carraige we need a Bombay carraige for Indians I know yesterday was hot but fuck me jumped on a train yesterday these Indians were in the middlecpart getting off ,the stench was beyond terrible I thought it would go away once they were off .nope that shit was in the fabric in the aircon

Great airconditioning up front, and if someone leaves a stench, we can open the windows.... yeahhhhhh...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Honestly, you are the funniest Karmichael on here :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Honestly, you are the funniest Karmichael on here :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: