Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I agree. Talking trains it’s sad they finally crushed the last of the S sets. Loved the smell of the old Sweat Set Ridgys breaks doing loops around the city circle in the middle of summer. RIP
you know what iit's alll about... they will be dearly missed.
I know to you guys they are a nostalgic reminder, but for me... trains MUST have A/C on them to be anywhere near bearable in the middle of summer. The worst thing is getting on a silver train that doesn't have A/C.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know to you guys they are a nostalgic reminder, but for me... trains MUST have A/C on them to be anywhere near bearable in the middle of summer. The worst thing is getting on a silver train that doesn't have A/C.
especially the morning after a long night when it's like a thousand degrees :sweat:

Wahesh

Reaction score
This morning, the Station Master was giving out Easter Eggs at the station. "Happy Easter from Sydney Trains" he said. Nice fella. I'm sure it wasn't Sydney Trains idea and this bloke did it himself.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This morning, the Station Master was giving out Easter Eggs at the station. "Happy Easter from Sydney Trains" he said. Nice fella. I'm sure it wasn't Sydney Trains idea and this bloke did it himself.
Some railway blokes are down to earth and love the job, when I was on full time the crew on 4168 dressed as Santa during Christmas used to throw bags of lollies to the signalmen and station staff.
Still a couple of toxic wet blankets out there that need a kick up the ass.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So the Sydney Metro (North-West Rail Link) finally opened yesterday. Is anyone here going to use this train at any stage? I was actually gob-smacked at the amount of people that wanted to use this yesterday for the sake of it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
So the Sydney Metro (North-West Rail Link) finally opened yesterday. Is anyone here going to use this train at any stage? I was actually gob-smacked at the amount of people that wanted to use this yesterday for the sake of it.
Apparently there was a major glitch with the driverless system which caused major delays?

Typical of New South Fails

Wahesh

Reaction score
Apparently there was a major glitch with the driverless system which caused major delays?

Typical of New South Fails
Aeroplanes practically fly themselves these days, however, they still have pilots. Now I don't know which idiot decided to run this train without a train on it's first ever trip. That's beyond stupid. We still need drivers to be there for emergencies.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Also while we're at it, the Bankstown line is heading down this direction as well, meaning in the future, catching the trains to/from Bankstown will need to alight at Sydenham station to continue going to the city. Freaking shit. Leave it the way it is.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Also while we're at it, the Bankstown line is heading down this direction as well, meaning in the future, catching the trains to/from Bankstown will need to alight at Sydenham station to continue going to the city. Freaking shit. Leave it the way it is.
Good thing I live in between Sefton and Birrong.

I can just catch a western line train from the city and change at Lidcombe.

Doesn't bother me since ive moved i usually drive to the city.
Its much easier and less stuffing around.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Good thing I live in between Sefton and Birrong.

I can just catch a western line train from the city and change at Lidcombe.

Doesn't bother me since ive moved i usually drive to the city.
Its much easier and less stuffing around.
Driving to the city? Mate Sydney traffic is an absolute shit, always has been, and we've only gone backwards since the introduction of the Light Rail project which has closed major roads in the city (George Street, prime example).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Driving to the city? Mate Sydney traffic is an absolute shit, always has been, and we've only gone backwards since the introduction of the Light Rail project which has closed major roads in the city (George Street, prime example).
Im a night creature so i usually head into town when a majority are leaving.

I always get my parking spot too.
You should try walking the streets of the city at night.
Its like that Will Smith movie where theres no one left.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Im a night creature so i usually head into town when a majority are leaving.

I always get my parking spot too.
You should try walking the streets of the city at night.
Its like that Will Smith movie where theres no one left.
I work in the city but generally start just before the morning peak - I get the off-peak discount. In the afternoon I clock off generally before the afternoon peak meaning that I get the off-peak discount too lol - however the bad thing about finishing that time is that every now and then you'll cop a train full of school kids who just don't STFU.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I work in the city but generally start just before the morning peak - I get the off-peak discount. In the afternoon I clock off generally before the afternoon peak meaning that I get the off-peak discount too lol - however the bad thing about finishing that time is that every now and then you'll cop a train full of school kids who just don't STFU.
School kids on the train?
Its a hold your breath moment.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There were a few small glitches that clowns jumped onto social media and blew out of proportion. Ran smoothly today I hear.

Despite being driverless they do have staff on the trains that can override systems need be (was speaking to someone working on the project recently).

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Despite being driverless they do have staff on the trains that can override systems need be (was speaking to someone working on the project recently).
That's how the DLR has worked in London. Always have a staff member on the train itself to override and also check passenger tickets.

I think I remember seeing job adverts for this role a while back.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Not as much as Asians on the train. If they don't bring their stinking food they bring their stinking breath.
This is why I drive most of the time.

Too many disrespectful morons who treat the train as if its their home!

If i have something to eat on the train i try to eat in the least occupied carriage away from others.

A lot of people (from Eastern regions in particular) don't understand this common courtesy and respect.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's funny because you go to their own countries and they sure as hell respect it!
Because they're racist!

Im serious i seen a white guy trying to hit on an Asian girl a few years back.
She wasn't taken to his advances, I stepped in and got him to move on and she says thanks for that, i dont like white people.

Its nice how non whites can say they dislike other ethnic groups but as soon as a white person states a cold hard fact its automatically racist!

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's funny because you go to their own countries and they sure as hell respect it!
You go to countries like Japan... there is not a single piece of litter in the streets. It's in their culture to be clean.