Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You go to countries like Japan... there is not a single piece of litter in the streets. It's in their culture to be clean.
Japan and Korea are clean places.
Which ethnic group from the east is it in particular that is making a mess and stinking out the south side of bankstown?

Its those village idiots from Vietnam isn't it?

I descend from village idiots in Europe but how come they never made a mess or stank public places out?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Japan and Korea are clean places.
Which ethnic group from the east is it in particular that is making a mess and stinking out the south side of bankstown?

Its those village idiots from Vietnam isn't it?

I descend from village idiots in Europe but how come they never made a mess or stank public places out?
Is it the Vietnamese? I never knew they had a high concentration in Bankstown lol.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it the Vietnamese? I never knew they had a high concentration in Bankstown lol.
Go have a look at the bullshit pandering monument next to Gong cha across from the chemist warehouse!

I miss the old Bankstown plaza from 30 years ago.

They used to have fish ponds and you could pay for 20 cents worth of pellets to feed the fish!

It killed my grandmother to give me 20c but she did just to make me happy.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not as much as Asians on the train. If they don't bring their stinking food they bring their stinking breath.
They brought in quiet carriages why not vile smell carriages, you should have to travel in these carriages if you have vile smelly food or need to fart or have really bad breath and of course bad b.o.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Go have a look at the bullshit pandering monument next to Gong cha across from the chemist warehouse!

I miss the old Bankstown plaza from 30 years ago.

They used to have fish ponds and you could pay for 20 cents worth of pellets to feed the fish!

It killed my grandmother to give me 20c but she did just to make me happy.
I know how you feel mate. The good old Nostalgia days. I miss Campsie the way it was in the late 80s/early 90s. Timezone arcade, Maccas, Campsie Centre full of good shops. I remember during the school holidays my grandmother would let me choose either Maccas lunch or a toy lol.

Nothing but memories now.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not as much as Asians on the train. If they don't bring their stinking food they bring their stinking breath.
I sat next to a kid eating a boiled egg the other day, what's even worse is he was putting Soy on it before he took each bite.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I sat next to a kid eating a boiled egg the other day, what's even worse is he was putting Soy on it before he took each bite.
Soy on a boiled egg? I mean boiled eggs are bad enough as it is, why make it ever worse? Yuck man... lol.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah man it was a bit early to be smelling that combo.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the new driverless Metro trains with trusting computers to do the rail safety.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What happens if someone jumps in front of one?
Trains don't stop on a dime, but basically you can't.

Platform is blocked by access doors / barriers that are about 2-3m tall.

Train pulls up, train doors open, platform doors open. People get in, train doors shut, platform doors shut, train moves off.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It’s early days. Can’t be perfect upon launch just like every other product
Yeah but 2 fails twice in the first 6 days is a concern. Considering we already have a train system established in Sydney, it shouldn't be that hard to feed off it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rail safety should not be left to computers, more mistakes from the Commie.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Q: How many teething problems did the red rattlers, and the Tangaras, and the other trains have?
Answer: A shitload more than the Metro.

Q: How many testing hours and kms has the Metro had and worked fine for?
Answer: A shitload. I've seen the trains operating for the past few months.

But no... lets focus on the 1-5% of the time the system has a problem. I mean it's not like the regular rail system doesn't have regular failures and breakdowns right?

Day 5: And the metro has another problem. Power failure.

https://www.newsflare.com/video/296177/travel/new-sydney-metro-train-experiences-mechanical-fault

Nice to know that $8.3 billion of tax-payers money has been spent on something that's been constantly failing.
I have heard it was a circuit breaker that tripped at one of the stations, knocking out the wifi to that station, and dropping the train back into manual override. That's how they are designed to work. When they lose connection with the control room, the train automatically stops.

Rail safety should not be left to computers, more mistakes from the Commie.
Hmmm I better ring up and tell the Chinese and Japanese and many other countries who have been operating driverless trains for decades now.