Rumour TPJ

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure if you've been asked this before, but is your avatar based on George Taylforth, the Dogs goal kicking second-rower from the 60's?
Yes it is. When I was a toddler my Dad knew George T (police). I walked in to the 1967 GF loss to Souths beside George and my Dad. As a small boy on the hill, busily collecting Gold coloured Tooth’s KB empties, I was transfixed by his gun barrel straight “toe poke” goal kicking. Kicked 4 I think that day. He was my hero back then.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thankfully we aren’t committed to (TDB) Tevita dud-buy Jnr long term like Turbo is to Manly etc.

Even if he fires he will be lowballed with his new contract.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bad calf tear can take forever to properly heal. I got a high Grade 2 calf tear whilst rock climbing, in October. In January, when I felt like I'd healed up, I stupidly raced our cat up the stairs and re-injured it easily. 2+ months of rehab now after that and it's still not quite right. Granted, I've got 10 years on TPJ but in all my years playing footy, basketball, climbing, lifting etc I've never had a more tenuous injury to try and heal up.
You didn't tell us......did you beat the cat?

...and after it.....did you beat it proper?

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes it is. When I was a toddler my Dad knew George T (police). I walked in to the 1967 GF loss to Souths beside George and my Dad. As a small boy on the hill, busily collecting Gold coloured Tooth’s KB empties, I was transfixed by his gun barrel straight “toe poke” goal kicking. Kicked 4 I think that day. He was my hero back then.
I can understand why he was your hero. I remember being disappointed that he wasn't picked for the 1968 Kangaroo tour to England. But they did pick his Dogs (Berries then) second-row partner, Kevin Goldspink, for the tour, which eased my disappointment a fair bit.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will end up being a worse buy than She-Rex. At least She-Rex actually was on the field....

This glass cuck is a waste of cap space. A fly lands on his shoulder and he is out for 3 months.
Bro she-Rex played some solid games for us. It was how he was used and sometimes the ineffective players around him.
At this point she-Rex is five times the player TPJ is.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thankfully we aren’t committed to (TDB) Tevita dud-buy Jnr long term like Turbo is to Manly etc.

Even if he fires he will be lowballed with his new contract.
I doubt it.
If he fires, teams will be lining up to sign him.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cramped up in pussy many times
LOL this reminds me of a story a mate(or a friend of my gf at the time is more accurate)who used to cramp up in his arse cheeks maybe glutes? Whilst pleasuring his lady or allegedly trying to :tearsofjoy: I say allegedly as he confessed to an average sized package at best(his missus was hmm alright too, had a BIG rack lol)

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine Gould looking at Thompson & Pangai Jnr with how much cap space they’re taking up “no no no no no”

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I can understand why he was your hero. I remember being disappointed that he wasn't picked for the 1968 Kangaroo tour to England. But they did pick his Dogs (Berries then) second-row partner, Kevin Goldspink, for the tour, which eased my disappointment a fair bit.
It should always have been Taylforth on that tour. Goldie did OK but George would have been better value in my opinion

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TPJ and Thommo appear to be goneskis…. Should free up some serious coin, what the club does with it is what’s feeding our curiosity.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
TPJ and Thommo appear to be goneskis…. Should free up some serious coin, what the club does with it is what’s feeding our curiosity.
Thompson goneskis, TPJ not yet

need to buy NAS and then one of Guler or Hunt (or contracted players equivalent). Anything less is underwhelming.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thompson goneskis, TPJ not yet

need to buy NAS and then one of Guler or Hunt (or contracted players equivalent). Anything less is underwhelming.
Guler was playing well in a beaten side. Would be happy with his signature. Hunt has regressed from last years form at the Sharks

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jermaine Pangai (TPJ lil bro) gone off to the Raiders immediately. TPJ was a Canberra junior at one stage, both could be gone soon we hope
Would be great to trade him to Raiders for someone.