Rumour TPJ

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tevita was telling supporters in president suite yesterday that he will be back next week. Whether he meant this week against south’s I’m not sure. But wouldn’t put it past him to tell a lie to keep fans happy
Hope this is true.
1. We need him.
2. I am sick of people here spreading rumours and making things up about his whereabouts and where he might end up.

End of the day he's with us this year and next. We have to get behind him while this is the case.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tevita was telling supporters in president suite yesterday that he will be back next week. Whether he meant this week against south’s I’m not sure. But wouldn’t put it past him to tell a lie to keep fans happy
There’s no motivation to lie to fans, media yes, but not fans… if he plays, he plays. We need to have that next man up mentality. Guys like Morrin who ripped in, despite being undersized, plays with the heart of his old man, fearless and gutsy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm going to assume he's talking about the Eel game.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope this is true.
1. We need him.
2. I am sick of people here spreading rumours and making things up about his whereabouts and where he might end up.

End of the day he's with us this year and next. We have to get behind him while this is the case.
Be assured the main reason for the uncertainty is the club making sure there is no gamble on his injury !
Like I've said before this week is a big possibility.

Last edited:

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whether anyone likes it or not. TPJ is contracted to us for 2023 and 2024. He will be back fresh from the his injury against Parra. He was our difference in our pack for 2022. He’s lost some weight and has changed a lot.

We instead should get rid of Thompson and try to get Haas or NAS over here.
Why would any decent middle forward come? as we still DON'T have an NRL standard no.7.. Gus' stubborness on not giving Karl O a shot is insulting to anyone who can clearly see Flanno is shot...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't Jermaine injured at the moment. Went down a few weeks ago in an SG Ball game.

He actually lives with Tevita in Sydney at the moment.
The day you posted this he played for Canberra?
So is he travelling to and from Canberra for training?
Why would any decent middle forward come? as we still DON'T have an NRL standard no.7.. Gus' stubborness on not giving Karl O a shot is insulting to anyone who can clearly see Flanno is shot...
The fact Gus chased Pearce shows they are looking absolutely everywhere. Better to not have buyers remorse.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need him more than ever for this weeks game against Souths. Him and Davey off the bench would help us immensely.

Is there anyway Kikau can play? He showed no symptoms.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need him more than ever for this weeks game against Souths. Him and Davey off the bench would help us immensely.

Is there anyway Kikau can play? He showed no symptoms.
According to FoxSports

Another important factor is the ability for clubs to apply for exemptions to a player’s 11-day stand-down period in “exceptional circumstances”.

Under the new guidelines, an exemption appeal would require a review by an NRL-appointed neurological expert, and only if a player meets a set of specific criteria.

It could be possible

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to FoxSports

Another important factor is the ability for clubs to apply for exemptions to a player’s 11-day stand-down period in “exceptional circumstances”.

Under the new guidelines, an exemption appeal would require a review by an NRL-appointed neurological expert, and only if a player meets a set of specific criteria.

It could be possible
I thought these specific Criteria included no other recent concussions, he got a concussion from the trial game he played

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to FoxSports

It could be possible
I don't think the club would risk it. Can you imagine the media if Kikau gets another head knock on Friday and with Gus' current stance on this concussion drama the flogs are Fox would schedule their whole week around Bulldogs and Gus.

I think at least now knowing that Kiks and RFM are not playing, it gives CC enough time to prepare.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought these specific Criteria included no other recent concussions, he got a concussion from the trial game he played
This is also true. RFM would potentially be a chance, but as I posted above there's no way the club would risk it.

Also on RFM, how was Val not sighted for his high shot? He jumped up off the ground and his shoulder contacted RFMs head, hence the cat 1. I am sure Wade Graham was suspended for a month for the same thing lol

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is also true. RFM would potentially be a chance, but as I posted above there's no way the club would risk it.

Also on RFM, how was Val not sighted for his high shot? He jumped up off the ground and his shoulder contacted RFMs head, hence the cat 1. I am sure Wade Graham was suspended for a month for the same thing lol
I'm watching the replay, he should have been cited. Didn't the Knights complain to the MRC and get a Tigers player suspended earlier this year?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope this is true.
1. We need him.

That's not the kennel way though bro lol
I agree with you though, we need him fit and firing desperately
I'll judge him more harshly if the rest of the season is a shitshow and he doesn't give us 100% but until then i want him back too.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even with thommo gone next year his money gets chewed up by Crichton who could turn out to be just as big a question mark, and we still don’t have a decent half and addressed the lack of middles.
Not to mention that King Preston Kiraz, and perhaps1 or 2 others will need an upgrade.