Rumour TPJ

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is he? Thommo and Graham don’t belong in the same sentence uce! Graham tough, skillfil and a leader. Thommo none of these things. I think Thommo got his big contract because of the success of Graham and the kernel also gives him more latitude than any other overpaid flop because we wanted another British bulldog, but got a fkn chihuahua
The wish version of Jammer

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he? Thommo and Graham don’t belong in the same sentence uce! Graham tough, skillfil and a leader. Thommo none of these things. I think Thommo got his big contract because of the success of Graham and the kernel also gives him more latitude than any other overpaid flop because we wanted another British bulldog, but got a fkn chihuahua
The sad truth about Thommo. He will probably go back to England next year and kill it which only shows he's not good enough for NRL. Doesn't have the engine. Sutton is showing he's way more durable in NRL and probably on 5 times less money than Thommo lol

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't Thommo bigger than Graham?

Graham on a bad day is still better that Thommo on a good day.
I spoke with Tallis on numerous occasions in the latter period of his career. He wasn’t very big, though he was reasonably thick in the chest front to back. He was an absolute animal out there due to explosive aggression and would be today if he was just coming through. Sometimes too much credit is given to size, I would much prefer a medium sized forward with controlled explosive power & aggression rather than a big body with a small ticker..think Carrigan or Cotter… and no I am not a QLDer or supporter of the ponies..

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else feel there's more to this TPJ thing than the club is letting on? I did not see him at the game on Sunday. Was there a sighting by anyone?
Not at weekend, seen him week before in changies vs storm tho

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I spoke with Tallis on numerous occasions in the latter period of his career. He wasn’t very big, though he was reasonably thick in the chest front to back. He was an absolute animal out there due to explosive aggression and would be today if he was just coming through. Sometimes too much credit is given to size, I would much prefer a medium sized forward with controlled explosive power & aggression rather than a big body with a small ticker..think Carrigan or Cotter… and no I am not a QLDer or supporter of the ponies..
Been saying over a decade now that the old school prop will be extinct soon.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro what you mean he wasn’t very big?

The guy was like 190cm which is 6ft 2inch and would hav been around 110kg's .. he wasn't a small guy.

Just to compare Tallis to other known big props;

Gordon Tallis 190cm 110kg's
Shane Webcke 182cm 112kg’s
Petro Civoniceva 193cm 116kg's
Glenn Lazarus 188cm 120+kg's
Ben Hannant 184cm 110kg's
Brad Thorn 195cm 116kg's

Steve Price 193cm 107kg's
Willie Mason 196cm 118kg's
Sam Kasiano 196cm 122kg's
David Klemmer 198cm 116kg's

Jesse Bromwich 194cm 114kg's
Nelson Asofa-Solomona 200cm 115kg's

I think you're wrong about Tallis not being a big guy. He is as big as most of them but was tougher than all of them.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You make some very good points brother.
Somebody mentioned Sutton here too, he has been better than i thought he would be.
Hope we get something of these blokes(TPJ and Thommo)Gus can then sort out what happens for next season re keep or punt.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The sad truth about Thommo. He will probably go back to England next year and kill it which only shows he's not good enough for NRL. Doesn't have the engine. Sutton is showing he's way more durable in NRL and probably on 5 times less money than Thommo lol
Problem with Sutton is that I haven't seen him not get dominated in every tackle.

Was he like that at the Faiders?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still subscribe to the theory that a good big man will beat a good little man most of the time .... especially props.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The guy was like 190cm which is 6ft 2inch and would hav been around 110kg's .. he wasn't a small guy.

Brad Thorn 195cm 116kg's

I think you're wrong about Tallis not being a big guy. He is as big as most of them but was tougher than all of them.
and he had the speed to match it with most backs

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuk it Gus should make some
Moves we can be a threat this year go to the market and find a decent prop,sure we can release 1 player from top30 and find a decent metre eater coz last game our middles were gone at the hour mark week before same shit vs melb,Gus said we still have 600k for this years cap if I remember correctly do eff make some moves Gus do some magic btw think thommo might have played his last game for us doubt any club wil be dumb enough to pay what his on atm

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Problem with Sutton is that I haven't seen him not get dominated in every tackle.

Was he like that at the Faiders?
Nope, was able to hide behind / take hit ups after big Papi and Tapine. Masked his weakness.

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Brad Thorn 195cm 116kg's

Crazy to think Klemmer is bigger than Mase. What a pussy Klemmer is