Rumour Top 30 2023

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Very surprised to see Samuel Hughes elevated to the top 30, Ciraldo must rate him highly, he had a solid year in Flegg/cup this year but I still would've expected both Jayden Tanner and Phillip Makatoa to be ahead of him.
Sam Hughes was in Parramatta’s top 30 a few years ago during covid years. Don’t think he ever got named in the teamlist at all. Tyrone Harding wannabe haha. Nah joking, hope he goes well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very surprised to see Samuel Hughes elevated to the top 30, Ciraldo must rate him highly, he had a solid year in Flegg/cup this year but I still would've expected both Jayden Tanner and Phillip Makatoa to be ahead of him.
He was promoted to the top squad before Ciraldo arrived.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kinda sad about Ava. His 2021 season was very solid, carried our forward pack at times and always was ready to put his hand up for tough carries, along with solid defense. That hit on Lane was pretty special.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's hard to be able to have effectively a top 30 ie JJ retirement without knowing Salary Cap.

I wonder if we are under a bit and plan to front load a few contracts when we find out Cap.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
alot of the time they get that put in their contract that they will be guaranteed top30 by a certain year. A mates son had that in his contract for 23 also, at another club by the way.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will Reynolds be there?
Glad Corey Allen was kept, gotta keep milking the best outta the backs, should have a good year.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're light in the spine, surely we sign a half in the last top 30 spot.
FB - Averillo, Perhaps, Allen
5/8 - Burton
Halfback - Flanagan
How long is BBO out for?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're light in the spine, surely we sign a half in the last top 30 spot.
FB - Averillo, Perhaps, Allen
5/8 - Burton
Halfback - Flanagan
How long is BBO out for?
Averillo, Hayze can play 5/8 but halfback we are in trouble.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Averillo, Hayze can play 5/8 but halfback we are in trouble.
jake would play 7 if flanno went down or they would apply for an exemption for either rajab or bailey to come into the squad.
but you are correct, we are light on in experience at 7 and we are fucked if Burton goes down

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Avo
2. Jac (c)
3. Perham
4. Helter skeltor
5. Kiraz
6. Burton (gk)
7. Flanno
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Davey
13. Tpj

14. Topine
15. Sutton
16. Rfm
17. Pele

What id like to see.
Probably won’t happen but.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2023 will be about hoping Averillo, Flanagan and Burton can play every game, apart from Burton being missing for Origin.
Getting frustrated watching Flanagan in 2023 is the price fans have to pay for the club not panicking and spending a $$trillion on an over-rated half back. Keeping the options open for 2024.
I feel sorry for my dog. She thinks I'm yelling at her when Flanagan does nothing with the ball.
She thinks her name is Fukuflanegin. And her ancestry is Pasifika.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kinda sad about Ava. His 2021 season was very solid, carried our forward pack at times and always was ready to put his hand up for tough carries, along with solid defense. That hit on Lane was pretty special.
Has Ava been released

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould said we needed to fill spots with nobodies as well. We must still bit a bit top heavy even with Jackson leaving. Okonbor waddell flanno Allen etc would be taking up large chunks. Andrew Webster reckons flannos on 650 this year lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^^ well that's absolute bullshit 6fitty, what is he on around 500?(still far too much obviously)

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone do the rough calculations that seems way below the cap to me
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Way to extend a thread & cause an uproar..... calling all salary cap experts/auditors/armchair accountants......

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
^^ well that's absolute bullshit 6fitty, what is he on around 500?(still far too much obviously)
There's no way he's on 650k. I doubt he's on 500k. When we signed him it was reported as a 3 year $1 million deal, so he's more likely on somewhere between 330-400k.