Rumour Top 30 2023

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone do the rough calculations that seems way below the cap to me
I'm sure these numbers are way off and will stir someone up. Rough estimate around 9.6m
Aaron Schoupp - 250
Andrew Davey - 250
Bailey Biondi-Odo - 200
Braidon Burns - 250
Brandon Clarke - 150
Christopher Patolo - 250
Corey Allan - 500
Corey Waddell - 300
Declan Casey - 150
Franklin Pele - 150
Hayze Perham - 200
Jackson Topine - 200
Jacob Kiraz - 300
Jacob Preston - 150
Jake Averillo - 350
Jayden Okunbor - 150
Jeral Skelton - 150
Josh Addo Carr - 500
Kyle Flanagan - 450
Luke Thompson - 750
Matt Burton - 500
Maxwell King - 350
Paul Alamoti - 150
Raymond Faitala-Mariner - 350
Reed Mahoney - 600
Ryan Sutton - 350
Samuel Hughes - 150
Tevita Pangai Junior - 700
Viliame Kikau - 750

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sam Hughes was in Parramatta’s top 30 a few years ago during covid years. Don’t think he ever got named in the teamlist at all. Tyrone Harding wannabe haha. Nah joking, hope he goes well.
He'll go well.
Watching Sam Hughes last year he definitely has physical presence, good balance and mobility for 110kg and 1.93 m.
So without knowing how he goes at training, at least he ticks the walking, running and looking the part boxes.
Doesn't turn 22 until January, so at least a season or two away from a regular 1st grade spot.
Mind you, Pele is only a month older.... and Patolo only 6 months older...
So if in two years Hughes, Pele and Patolo are still with the club, we could have a bit of front row depth.
King will still only be 27, Thompson and TPJ 29.
Add in a home-grown quality half back to follow these guys around the park and sounds like a plan to me.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He'll go well.
Watching Sam Hughes last year he definitely has physical presence, good balance and mobility for 110kg and 1.93 m.
So without knowing how he goes at training, at least he ticks the walking, running and looking the part boxes.
Doesn't turn 22 until January, so at least a season or two away from a regular 1st grade spot.
So if in two years Hughes, Pele and Patolo are
still with the club, we could have a bit of front row depth.
Add in a home-grown quality half back to follow these guys around the park and sounds like a plan to me.
Physical presence doesn’t mean sh1t.. take 2021/2022 Benny Hill Player Of The Year Winner HMAS Knockonbur as case in point

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this accurate? I thought someone said declan Casey was on a nsw cup contract, also Ava must be gone which is surprising.
It’s from the Bulldog official site so yes its what they are running with for now 100%

I believe there will be at least a couple from this list that are lining up in different colours round 1. With a couple of late transfers to come in. We need more depth in the halves for starters. If all else fails spot number 30 needs to be a half.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Avo
2. Jac (c)
3. Perham
4. Helter skeltor
5. Kiraz
6. Burton (gk)
7. Flanno
8. Thompson
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Davey
13. Tpj

14. Topine
15. Sutton
16. Rfm
17. Pele

What id like to see.
Probably won’t happen but.
You know I look at this side and we are lacking a leader.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pele definitely has more potential. I hope he can reach it for both himself and us. Ava while not a star was reliable and looked to be our only forward having a go for a while.
Yep no knock on Ava from me..but didn't play FG much last year if at all? Had injuries too and.probably is just about done tbh.
Good servant especially in 2021 when he showed cats like Napa how to rip in..wish him all the best.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ava...Good servant especially in 2021
Absolutely. Put in, earned his money, played well for us. Thanks Ava.
I think the decision to release him for '23 really just came down to risk/reward and how to use the roster spots.
With injuries last year and on the other side of 30, the club decided to gamble on some youngsters instead (Sam Hughes & Pele) - the risk of them not developing to 1st grade might be just a little less than Ava being injured again and unavailable (in their mind).

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why morrin seems out of favour he was brilliant last year in his limited stints could be our own cam murray

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll go well.
So if in two years Hughes, Pele and Patolo are still with the club, we could have a bit of front row depth.
Bayley Cox and Jack Todd are worth keeping an eye on as well.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can’t wait for Morrin to excel this year. Brilliant young player imo, really looking forward to watching him.
Only on a train & trial contract but was the only forward who can pass the ball at the line & put someone into space, will show out in the trials.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm really excited to see our nsw cup and jersey flegg sides next year,
I will be super interested to see the wider squad roll out for the trials.
In 2022, that was the first sign that Barrett was done (what he had achieved over the pre-season...nothing).