Tony Williams has been dropped from First grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what frustrates us all the most with trex is we all know the guy has the physique and ability to be one of the most damaging and awesome second rowers in the game.
Spot on mate - his heart had not been in it for a long while. Plus the 600k salary.
The first two games this season his stats went up and it looked good, then MIA.
Can't be good for team morale.
Dropping him is the right thing to do.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know TW isn't playing to his full potential but honestly the guy is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet... I know this counts for nothing around here but I'm just deploring you to think about that before you start ripping into him personally.
All understandable bro but he has been a waste with his softness and super slow play the balls.

Is he being phased out like Inu?

Boys celebrating in Belmore.
Ala Youm haha!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spot on mate - his heart had not been in it for a long while. Plus the 600k salary.
Can't be good for team morale.
Dropping him is the right thing to do.

And this is what most have been saying. Those comments are well put; they don't attack the guy on a personal level but sum up his season so far. Have no axe to grind with Tony the man, just Tony the footballer.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah exactly, i think i even commented if he kept improving like he was, he could get an origin call up. Than all of a sudden he just reverted back to the ol' lazy ways. I just don't get it.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Watch him towel up in nsw cup and be straight back into the plod lineup next week

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just lifted this from the William Hill blogsite - 'Behind the Curtains'.
Dated May 9th.

Canterbury Bulldogs
Des Hasler’s refusal to drop Tony Williams has caused plenty of angst at Canterbury with some board members even considering moving against the coach. The Bulldogs have lost backrowers Dale Finucane and Shaun Lane already to accommodate Williams.

Do we have confirmation he is gone?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All understandable bro but he has been a waste with his softness and super slow play the balls.

Is he being phased out like Inu?
Don't be surprised if you see him at the Tigs or Penrith next year... They both showed interest, but whether they can afford him is a different story..

The only way we will resign him is on the cheap (like maybe less than half on what he is now) and as a back up..

And btw the guy isn't on $600K

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just lifted this from the William Hill blogsite - 'Behind the Curtains'.
Dated May 9th.

Canterbury Bulldogs
Des Hasler’s refusal to drop Tony Williams has caused plenty of angst at Canterbury with some board members even considering moving against the coach. The Bulldogs have lost backrowers Dale Finucane and Shaun Lane already to accommodate Williams.

Do we have confirmation he is gone?
This is Rubbish and speculations mate, He obviously read it somewhere and just decided to add a bit of spices to it...

The BS about the board is just that..... BS!
Shaun Lane, was lazy and over weight he was given plenty of chances to shape up but wouldn't do it...

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watch him towel up in nsw cup and be straight back into the plod lineup next week
This is most likely . . . him being dropped to NSW Cup to get his mojo back . . . one good game in NSW Cup then promoted back to first grade, only to lose his mojo again on his way to the game.

He seemed to have a good start to the season but then reverted to type after about 3 rounds.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is Rubbish and speculations mate, He obviously read it somewhere and just decided to add a bit of spices to it...

The BS about the board is just that..... BS!
Shaun Lane, was lazy and over weight he was given plenty of chances to shape up but wouldn't do it...
100% agree with you mate - just an FYI post.
Am relieved in fact - none of us want 'issues' at the club.
IF Williams has been dropped, lets hope it was by a willing Des entirely based on lack of performance issues.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For the people that are whinging there is too much negativity on here, I see this as a big positive, not only that he dropped that useless piece of dinosaur shit, but maybe, just maybe, he is willing to make a few more changes for the good of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.