Tony Williams - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I thought he was a lot better today.Hopefully his best is coming in September.

Breeding pups

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can not see any improvement in this over paid useless so called member of our team.
did we win his $650k a season signature or did Manly simply just not want the dud.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not see any improvement in this over paid useless so called member of our team.
did we win his $650k a season signature or did Manly simply just not want the dud.
Watch the game again before talking shit!

Canterbury FC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watch the game again before talking shit!
Yes I concur

A lot f hopeful signs out of discipline and ethic, he read the play well and gave good support in 4 tries including getting his own!!

I was doubtful before but today I saw potential.

Where there's dedication there is reward so I think des is right.

He just needs to play with heart.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Something special is definitely happening with this guy. I dunno if I'm the only one but I saw him a few times reading our teams plays and suddenly dropping back and getting much deeper as if he's running onto the ball.

Not sure if I'm right or just hopeful but I think Tony will start playing much better the coming weeks..

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his quick passing to Lafai was great! T-Rex always draws in 2-3 defenders..this opened up big gaps for Lafai to make good metres. He is still not playing to his potential but he definitely made a impact in yesterdays game

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Some great passes, easily his best game

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah what was with his bling passes, good stuff seeing him add some of his own thought behind his performance.

Junkyard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
T Williams put in - watch this thread turn positive toward him if he does that a couple more times soon.
The baying mob - who would throw him to the wolves - will be at his knees.

N

Natboy

T Williams put in - watch this thread turn positive toward him if he does that a couple more times soon.
The baying mob - who would throw him to the wolves - will be at his knees.
We will just be happy for him to do what we are paying him to do

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Williams isn't being paid the dollars because he has good hands, he is there because he is a strong ballrunner. So until he start breaking the line and running over ***** he is still going sh!t

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Could it be that Tony is just not a forward? Maybe a backline role will work better for him in this team, some of his passes yesterday were pretty good and it seemed to give him a bit of confidence.

He certainly isn't playing like a forward so maybe Des is trying out a new role for him to see where/if he fits in our team structure

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
so he played ok against a storm team under strength
we would be calling for him to be dropped if the storm had a full team

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was impressed by his passing game. A few good flick passes that lead to line breaks. Some good tackles too and that try was good positioning and catching the ball over his shoulder with one hand.

That said, averaged less than 8m per run (and one of those runs was a line break).

Maybe he's a centre, but he's at least 20 kgs over centre.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
so he played ok against a storm team under strength
we would be calling for him to be dropped if the storm had a full team
If Storm were missing 4 of their key forwards then I'd agree with your statement. But 3 backs and a second row forward/utility?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting better.

Played on the same side the whole game (usually swaps sides of field when Pritchard goes off) maybe that helped him.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was impressed by his passing game. A few good flick passes that lead to line breaks. Some good tackles too and that try was good positioning and catching the ball over his shoulder with one hand.

That said, averaged less than 8m per run (and one of those runs was a line break).

Maybe he's a centre, but he's at least 20 kgs over centre.
I was also pleasantly surprised with a couple of his quick catch-and-pass moves to give the backs room to run. He still holds back behind play at times, but his try was a good example of how unstoppable he is close to the line.

Actually, he would be a handy winger.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also pleasantly surprised with a couple of his quick catch-and-pass moves to give the backs room to run. He still holds back behind play at times, but his try was a good example of how unstoppable he is close to the line.

Actually, he would be a handy winger.
He'd be a handy anything if he's coached properly. His form this year is a direct result of Hasler's instructions, he's no playing shit cause he wants to !

Status
Not open for further replies.