Tony Williams - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy with his improvements in rd 4, looking forward to seeing him get better.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is a dud.

That is all.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
If he continues to play 80 minutes a game for half the season and then is used as an interchange player once we get Kas and Graham back he will be unstoppable as his fitness will be right up there.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Concern is Brett Stewart popping in around the Manly Second Rower to confuse Tony Williams and find gaps for any one of them.

Round 5 and the Season needs to start beginning very soon for T-rex, I probably couldnt wait for more than 1/4 of the season. Patience he is getting plenty from Fans and Media.
Let the Big Gremlin of a T-REX loose.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If he continues to play 80 minutes a game for half the season and then is used as an interchange player once we get Kas and Graham back he will be unstoppable as his fitness will be right up there.
This could be Dess' plan for Trex to make sure he is game fit for what we can unleash in the season

FullyHektic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This could be Dess' plan for Trex to make sure he is game fit for what we can unleash in the season
I read earlier that he had never been fitter.
He looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Match fitness might be different to track fitness, it sure helps but being in a full contact game requires more then track fitness imo. Trex will come good soon and when he does teams better watch their small men on the outside.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know I don't have much reason to say this, but I still think the guy will come good. Whether it's a month or a year, when that time comes he will be worth every penny.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say one thing hampering him would be how wide out keating is when he passes the ball, by the time keating gets the ball to morris theres hardly much room between him and the sideline a lot of the time and he's centre, so imagine trying to fit t-rex running fullspeed through an already narrow gap and keating not the most reliable halfback feeding him the ball, if keating got the ball away a lot earlier i'm sure we would see a lot harder runs from williams

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem now with t-rex is that every team knows that he is a liability in defence on his own line and has been shown up by the likes of Thurston and George Burgess this year.

Playing him for 80 minutes limits his effectiveness but then again I have seen him come off the bench and he struggles to get into the game.

Unfportunately I feel that he is going to be a player who will put in a couple of good games a year but many poor ones. He doesn't look to be motivated and spends most of the game walking around the field just like he did last year at Manly.

The problem with NRL contracts is that they are not incentive based and he knows he can walk around doing SFA for the next 4 years and stil collect his $650k a year like his mate Hayne does at parra.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
T-Rex reminds me of a young Frank Pritchard... Damaging and unstopable when he switches on, but no consistency. Franky back in his Penrith days would play 7 good games a year and win you the game but he was a passenger the rest of the season.

T-rex will become consistent the same way franky has become - just be patient people.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
T-Rex reminds me of a young Frank Pritchard... Damaging and unstopable when he switches on, but no consistency. Franky back in his Penrith days would play 7 good games a year and win you the game but he was a passenger the rest of the season.

T-rex will become consistent the same way franky has become - just be patient people.
Coincidentally, T-Rex is playing the same flat, one off the ruck game that Frank played in his first year here. Funnily enough, this style also didn't work for Frank.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
rumours williamswill be shifted to centre for a portion of the match - thatd be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.