Official Todd Greenberg steps down as NRL CEO

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Best thing for league in a very long time!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenberg was a sleeze, he took credit for the hard work Turvey and Noad did who were smashed by news limited. All Greenberg did was bring incompetence to the dogs as he as done to the nrl. The dogs failures started when he arrived. News limited has ruined the game and responsible for our problems.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic fucken news.
Still reckon the c*** should be subjected to a public stoning and his head plonked on a spike outside of NRL HQ to warn potential candidates what happens to incompetent, corrupt pieces of shit.
A great day in the history of rugba league
We should warn Cricket Australia as Toddy always was after a spot on their board.

Malla

Reaction score
Everyone is being extremely harsh on Greenburg without actually knowing what went on.

Just because the news reports something, does not mean it is true. I think we should all know that by now.

He is the scapegoat I feel to all this fall out from the corona virus drama. We can't sit back here and pretend like we can do the job of a chief executive. Everyone has an opinion, but nobody can do the job. He was castrated by the media, targeted by the likes of Kent and Gould (Ch 9 vested interest) they assassinated his character.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I'm reading only Toddies toadies at NRL HQ will be the ones to miss him.

I just hope they get the next CEO right. I've got some confidence in V'landys to do it right, but there's some uselessness on the Commission that may need trimming while he's at it.

Malla

Reaction score
Fuck Buzz
Fuck Kent
Fuck Hooper
Fuck Gould
Fuck Dean Ritchie

The quicker these germs are extinguished from the game forever the better
Thank you! This is the real problem in the NRL and this is News Limited's influence on the game really. Look at the way Greenburgs name was being thrown through the mud over the last month. I will never forget how Kent arked up at Ennis for backing Greenburg on Fox League Live - absolute tool and a germ.

When it comes down to it - do any of these blokes do anything beneficial for the game? Nope. Gould's name was floated around for CEO - but he is too happy to be an arm chair critic complaining about whats wrong (in his opinion) without coming up with solutions. He doesn't want to do the work, niether do any of those flogs above.

I think what this situation really proves is the media (Ch 9, Fox (News Corps)) influence on the game. The NRL is their bitch.

Malla

Reaction score
From what I'm reading only Toddies toadies at NRL HQ will be the ones to miss him.

I just hope they get the next CEO right. I've got some confidence in V'landys to do it right, but there's some uselessness on the Commission that may need trimming while he's at it.
Vlandy won't last long. This is a stepping stone for him. He is set for much bigger things - he is too good at what he does to waste his time trying to save the NRL. Sinking ship!!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vlandy won't last long. This is a stepping stone for him. He is set for much bigger things - he is too good at what he does to waste his time trying to save the NRL. Sinking ship!!
Can't completely agree. He's chairman for a fixed term and if he's got the clubs onside he's a far better administrator than Todd already. And with the CEO position open, he can get us the right person for the game and get rid of the parasites infecting HQ. If he leaves the code in a better position than when he got here, he's more than welcome to take up a better offer imo.

Malla

Reaction score
Can't completely agree. He's chairman for a fixed term and if he's got the clubs onside he's a far better administrator than Todd already. And with the CEO position open, he can get us the right person for the game and get rid of the parasites infecting HQ. If he leaves the code in a better position than when he got here, he's more than welcome to take up a better offer imo.
Sorry what I mean to say is he will be head hunted for a much, much bigger role.

The thing about Vlandy's is through this pandemic and impacts to the NRL, he has basically become the face of it and if we get the season to go ahead from May 28 with no issues, we'll basically lead the way for the rest of the economy to follow suit and as I said, he will be seen as the face of it. Very, very smart and tactful man.

Malla

Reaction score
And really, when you look at the whole Greenburg thing - it's just politics and cost cutting.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd Greenberg had the full support of the Board :tearsofjoy:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone is being extremely harsh on Greenburg without actually knowing what went on.

Just because the news reports something, does not mean it is true. I think we should all know that by now.

He is the scapegoat I feel to all this fall out from the corona virus drama. We can't sit back here and pretend like we can do the job of a chief executive. Everyone has an opinion, but nobody can do the job. He was castrated by the media, targeted by the likes of Kent and Gould (Ch 9 vested interest) they assassinated his character.
Hi Todd.