Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Toby Rudolph

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reported $2.5M spent on Rudolph and Kennedy. Rudolph 3yrs and Kennedy 2yrs. I’d say $350k per season ($700k), for Kennedy? That makes Rudolph re-signing at $600k per season ($1.8M). Thoughts?
600k was what I thought we'd have to pay to get him, I thought the Sharks would re-sign him for something between what they were originally thinking (400-500k?) and that 600k. To have to pay 600k to retain him isn't the best for the Sharks. Kennedy's also been good. At the end of the day they were both players the Sharks had to keep.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I'm just of the belief that you can't rely on contracted players popping up (end up with panic signings/nothing if no one pops up) and that the people in charge of roster management should be planning the roster at least 1 year in advance. I could of told you since last November there wasn't much available at prop even then (why missing out on Leniu was a very bad miss).
Vert good point re panic signings

We have been the kings of that lately

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would of liked him but TBH that was probably more out of desperation. Probably a blessing.
I do see the value in Finucane as we need some tough old head to be there with Thompson and Jackson. We have the hot head in Hetherington. We have untapped potential in Atoni. We also need a metre eater now, and to fk Napa and Elliott (I wish) off.
Slim pickings for the metre eater though is a problem

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope we're seriously chasing Bunty Afoa. He would add more size (6"2, 111kgs) and grunt especially in attack than Rudolf and he would also be cheaper.

He could be a cult hero. He bends the line / runs like our former warrior Geoff Robinson

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If TPJ has itchy feet we have to go all out for him.
If we miss out on the cheese Josh Hodson is a must. 2 years to someone else comes along.
Looks like Topine being groomed for 14 and I’m good with that.
Ryan Gray and Danny Ghantous may be home grown options in a couple of years.
Absolute must a top shelf front rower and hooker or next year will be another poor one. The rest of the squad is adequate and we have depth in the backs. I know Baz rates RFM as a edge but he may need to be moved to the middle by default.
We need 6 front rowers in the squad.
1. Thompson
2. Hetherington
4.RFM ???
6. Meehan

Options
Ava
Ogden
Atoni
Big problem.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They can keep Rudolph. Kennedy would have been a good signing but he was always staying.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope we're seriously chasing Bunty Afoa. He would add more size (6"2, 111kgs) and grunt especially in attack than Rudolf and he would also be cheaper.

He could be a cult hero. He bends the line / runs like our former warrior Geoff Robinson
So do I. Surely he would be a realistic signing and exactly what we need...some go forward. I just hope we aren't putting all our eggs and efforts into possible unrealistic targets that are still under contract, and then if we come up empty handed a player like Bunty would have been snapped up elsewhere

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That man was tough, one of my favourites

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
600k was what I thought we'd have to pay to get him, I thought the Sharks would re-sign him for something between what they were originally thinking (400-500k?) and that 600k. To have to pay 600k to retain him isn't the best for the Sharks. Kennedy's also been good. At the end of the day they were both players the Sharks had to keep.
For the last 6 years i have been buying my morning coffee from Hurlstone Park Maccas. Medium Cappuccino is $4.20.

The other day i bought a medium cap from Lakemba maccas and i paid $4.80

Why the fuck is Lakemba maccas charging overs?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Payne Haas is a blue, surely the sum of $700-800k a season in his manager's ear will make him "homesick" and want to make him egg for an early release he can return to Sydney?

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we are going to sign Finucane... I also think he would be a better on field leader (than what we have). Only downside is he is approaching the twilight of his career.
Doesn't matter who we sign, we seem to make a players career become the twilight.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd like us to sign Bunty and Sua. Apparently Bunty has the shits with Brown because he doesn't give him enough game time.