Timoteo Lafai - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Looked quite dangerous in attack tonight!

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Josh Morris plays well at right centre for NSW on Wednesday night, that's where he should be placed in the Dogs side. Tim Lafai is an exceptional left centre and will become a mainstay of the team.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looked quite dangerous in attack tonight!
He went well. Shrugged off tackles, two big breaks and a try.

There was talk about Josh Morris playing right centre in Origin. If that happens and Josh goes well there they'd have to leave Tom lafai at left centre. That would have to be a big plus for our backline.

Ricky.

Waterboy
Reaction score
agree we need to keep hammering sides defence's into the 2nd half and another hard runner is suited..
NA, I think we have seen the last of Romelo in FG for a while (pending injuries) AGAIN a bench spot was wasted, Ennis has found some form and its time for Romelo to make way for Kapow Taupau on the bench

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lafai has one of the most interesting running styles if you watch him closely. Quite amazing footwork.

At times he almost tiptoes to the defence, and then steps off his foot and opens his stride up, creating himself a gap.

Very ellusive player and had a good game tonight. I think he's starting to warm to First Grade (in which case), I'd consider our backline as:
1. Barba
2. Macdougall.
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Wright / Goodwin

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Comes down to tomorrow night and Morris' performance, Im sure that if Morris even has a decent game on the right, Desmond will follow suit and shift him to the right and leave Lafai on the left

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lafai's footwork is electric. i am hoping he will mature into a absolute game breaker. has so much potential.
i credit jimmy dymock with having that faith in him and dumping morris last year.
lafai was a threat everytime he ran last night.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tim did very well, just hope he gets rid of that holding the ball in one hand habit real quick.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great game. Hate to see him move to the right side again.. he is so damaging on the left. Hopefully Morris can play right centre.
Yeh, best scenario is that Morris has a blinder on the right in origin, where he'll be marking up against Inglis, and he gets that right centre spot for the Dogs.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He went well. Shrugged off tackles, two big breaks and a try.

There was talk about Josh Morris playing right centre in Origin. If that happens and Josh goes well there they'd have to leave Tom lafai at left centre. That would have to be a big plus for our backline.
I agree

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So happy to see him go well. He will be a crowd fav soon enough.

Reminds me of a young Willie Tonga.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pleased to see people finally commenting on his footwork. He's genuinely unique - I can't think of any other player (in the game?) who has such an odd, almost dancing style of approaching the line.

His footwork for the try against the Roosters at SFS last year was the best example. I can't find video of it anywhere, though.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Excellent player but he also tends to ball hog.

Remember that amazing try Barba scored against the Eels last year? If Lafai had just passed to Keating a play earlier we would've been in under the sticks.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Excellent player but he also tends to ball hog.

Remember that amazing try Barba scored against the Eels last year?
No offense bro but whats last year got to do with this year?

Plus, speaking of ball hogging, if Barba didn't try to hog, Keating would of scored under the sticks

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Don't wanna put any pressure on the kid, but this guy will be a superstar in a few years to come if not sooner. A full off-season under Des (Was injured this off-season) will benefit the kid.

Sky is the limit for Tim Lafai.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pleased to see people finally commenting on his footwork. He's genuinely unique - I can't think of any other player (in the game?) who has such an odd, almost dancing style of approaching the line.

His footwork for the try against the Roosters at SFS last year was the best example. I can't find video of it anywhere, though.
Bulldogs website, click along to our match with the Roosters, has footage of the last time we met.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No offense bro but whats last year got to do with this year?

Plus, speaking of ball hogging, if Barba didn't try to hog, Keating would of scored under the sticks
He still does it, thats the thing. There was more than one occasion when Lafai's outside man had more space to move yet he decided to attempt to step 3-4 defenders

It's almost as bad as Robson's brain snap which costed the Sharks a certain try, a lot of our players need to stop being selfish. Morris is occasionally another but i'd give him credit given that he has Goodwin outside him.

No offense but its these attitude problems that our players have got to fix otherwise they won't be winning the tough games. We have a talented amount of juniors but surprisingly selfish; Reynolds, Barba and Lafai all need to ball hog less

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
All things considered Lafai showed plenty of improvement last night, all players can be guilty of not looking and scanning the defence at times, Kimmorely used to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.