Three Brisbane Broncos stars under sex assault investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Hannant has already said he just rocked up to training and had no idea of the events that took place.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Its all still very unclear atm.

It'll be interesting to see if the Broncos come out with a statement today, if they get contacted by police.

Theres so many rumours and stories going around, I just want them to say somethign already, and get it out of the way and deal with it. Its getting annoying.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Not one line on this in todays Telegraph. What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
serious? typical telecrap. if it'd been the bulldogs there'd be five pages of coverage.

Maybe, but i too think they may hold off due to all the alleged sexual assault cases in the past involving NRL players turned out to be bogus.

On the TV up here in Qld though they mention it nearly every ad break. Still no names of course.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Hannat is a great man on and off the field, he had absolutely no part in the incident, and while I'm not sure on ennis, I'm almost certain he had no part, so the belmore bound duo are still just that.

And DO NOT ANYONE name players on a public forum what so ever or even imply who it may be without evidence, this forum could very easily be closed over it.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Yeah Id watch out what kind of clues you throw around, because eventually it'll just be liking naming the players.

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24345350-1248,00.html

THE Broncos have broken their silence on allegations three players were involved in a weekend sexual assault, admitting police were interviewing their players.

Broncos chief Bruno Cullen issued a statement late this afternoon saying the club had formed an internal investigation team as soon as they learned of an allegation that their players sexually assaulted a woman in a Brisbane nightspot on the weekend.

Police set up a crime scene at the Alhambra Lounge in inner-city Fortitude Valley after the woman said was sexually assaulted in a toilet.

The Broncos investigation team would co-operate fully with police and "and collectively ensure all the relevant facts are recorded".

"I can confirm the players are also co-operating fully with the police and have presented themselves for interview this afternoon."

He said he had spoken to NRL CEO David Gallop today "and have assured him that we will keep him abreast of things at all times".

Mr Cullen said that at the moment "there are conflicting stories, some misrepresentation of the facts in the media, and generally wide and varied views in the public arena".

"I can understand that but will not engage in speculation – only in the facts", the statement said.

Alleged incident

The woman was formally interviewed by Queensland police last night over the allegations and it is expected to be several days before police make a decision on whether to press charges. [...]

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Yeah his official statement:

Broncos Official Statement

I wish to update everyone on the Broncos’ position in regard to the allegations made against
three players following an incident on Saturday.
I am the only person officially authorised to speak about this from a Broncos’ perspective.
That being the case, it is very difficult to answer all the individual calls coming into Broncos’
headquarters and impossible to agree to all the individual requests for comment. Having said
that, there is little I can comment on at this point in time.
As soon as the Broncos were made aware of the allegations, an internal investigation team
was formed. While the club has not been contacted by the police about this matter, the main
focus of the internal investigation team is to co-operate fully with the Queensland Police and
collectively ensure all the relevant facts are recorded.
I have spoken to NRL CEO David Gallop today and have assured him that we will keep him
abreast of things at all times.
I will also keep the media advised, but will not be making general statements until I am sure
of my facts. At this point in time there are conflicting stories, some misrepresentation of the
facts in the media, and generally wide and varied views in the public arena. I can understand
that but will not engage in speculation – only in the facts.
I can confirm the players are also co-operating fully with the police and have presented
themselves for interview this afternoon.
As soon as I am sure the information I have is credible and the position is clear with regard
to the investigation outcomes, I will make myself available for interview.
Bruno Cullen
Chief executive
Brisbane Broncos

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the bad alleged issues this year the common theme that it's right after they play the roosters! Carney & Birds alleged indescretions happend after they played the roosters & now the Broncos. The Warriors had should be locking their players away. Win or lose next weekend!

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
So its ok for people to geuss who was involved but anyone who states they know who isnt allowed to post ?
Basically, yes. People will guess and speculate. As I said, nothing has been proven so names should be kept out of it.

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its going to change everything depending on who it is and what not, depending on the outcome of it all as well.

No doubt it will affect the preparation for the Storm game, this could be ugly.

Bad luck Broncos, hope they perservere out of this one.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets just hope its not the guys coming to the Dogs next year.

I have my thoughts as to (if any) who it may be, and it wouldn't suprise me if it was one of them.

But lets wait and see what comes of it.

Also interesting to see IF there is substance to the story, if the Broncos axes them immediately like most other clubs would, or if they let them play the year out.

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
Lets just hope its not the guys coming to the Dogs next year.

I have my thoughts as to (if any) who it may be, and it wouldn't suprise me if it was one of them.

But lets wait and see what comes of it.

Also interesting to see IF there is substance to the story, if the Broncos axes them immediately like most other clubs would, or if they let them play the year out.
It's neither of the guys coming to the dogs next year, so no need to worry there. I think that the players involved will keep playing until the investigation is concluded and something is substantiated.

cookiemonster90

Waterboy
Reaction score
hey gallop..
for starter,thats a $500,000 fine for bringing the game into disrespute..

and make prime examples of them like you did us(even if inocent) like we were..

you set the precident with us..

now you sweep all others under the table
spot on mate

nothing will happen cos its not the bulldogs...if it were 3 bulldogs players,news n papers wud hav us guilty as hell n we wud hav already been fined

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24345350-1248,00.html

THE Broncos have broken their silence on allegations three players were involved in a weekend sexual assault, admitting police were interviewing their players.

Broncos chief Bruno Cullen issued a statement late this afternoon saying the club had formed an internal investigation team as soon as they learned of an allegation that their players sexually assaulted a woman in a Brisbane nightspot on the weekend.

Police set up a crime scene at the Alhambra Lounge in inner-city Fortitude Valley after the woman said was sexually assaulted in a toilet.

The Broncos investigation team would co-operate fully with police and "and collectively ensure all the relevant facts are recorded".

"I can confirm the players are also co-operating fully with the police and have presented themselves for interview this afternoon."

He said he had spoken to NRL CEO David Gallop today "and have assured him that we will keep him abreast of things at all times".

Mr Cullen said that at the moment "there are conflicting stories, some misrepresentation of the facts in the media, and generally wide and varied views in the public arena".

"I can understand that but will not engage in speculation – only in the facts", the statement said.

Alleged incident

The woman was formally interviewed by Queensland police last night over the allegations and it is expected to be several days before police make a decision on whether to press charges. [...]
Interesting. Wasn't one of the criticisms about the Bulldogs that they formed an internal investigation team so that everyone had their stories right for the police? This was reported as a sign of guilt. The other "crime" was the Dogs refusal to allow anyone to talk to the media. This was called "fortress Belmore" and also reported as an indication of something to hide.

I seem to recall a Broncos captain at the time wading into us with his lordly views about player behaviour before he had seen any facts. But facts weren't a consideration when a potential hot story was on offer.

It's good that the Broncos are not under the same hysteria that we copped. But it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.