Three Brisbane Broncos stars under sex assault investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DoggyStylz

September 15, 2008 07:30am

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,24346714-5001021,00.html

Three Brisbane Broncos rugby league footballers are under investigation over an alleged sexual assault at a Brisbane nightclub.

The Australian newspaper says a woman was last night formally interviewed by Queensland police over allegations that she was sexually assaulted in the toilets of the Alhambra Lounge in inner-city Fortitude Valley on Saturday night.

The players and witnesses at the nightclub are expected to be interviewed by police later today.

Sources said police are attempting to establish the circumstances leading up to the alleged incident, The Australian reported.

The woman made the complaint just after 9pm on Saturday, leading police to set up a crime scene at the club and seize footage from security cameras.

A sexual assault examination was also conducted on the woman that evening.

It's expected to take several days before police make a decision on whether to press charges.

The Australian says the players are believed to have arrived at the club after being evicted from two hotels, including the Story Bridge Hotel, earlier in the day.
The Broncos' drinking session followed Friday night's resounding semi-final victory over the Sydney Roosters, guaranteeing the team a home final against the Melbourne Storm next Saturday night.

The paper says concerns have been mounting within the club's management for several months over a growing drinking culture among some groups of players.

The Broncos have one of the strictest player codes of conduct for public behaviour. Four players have been axed because of drinking-related incidents.

National Rugby League chief executive David Gallop said last night the investigation was "concerning", but warned against pre-empting the police findings.

"At the moment, all I have is someone telling me about an allegation," he told the paper.

"We have no detail about what happened or who is involved but if there is an issue with regards to this matter, it is now in the hands of the police."
A Queensland police spokesman said an alleged assault at a nightclub on Saturday night is being investigated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Lockyer, how does that rap!st joke go again?

Last edited by a moderator:

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
September 15, 2008 07:30am

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,24346714-5001021,00.html

Three Brisbane Broncos rugby league footballers are under investigation over an alleged sexual assault at a Brisbane nightclub.

The Australian newspaper says a woman was last night formally interviewed by Queensland police over allegations that she was sexually assaulted in the toilets of the Alhambra Lounge in inner-city Fortitude Valley on Saturday night.

The players and witnesses at the nightclub are expected to be interviewed by police later today.

Sources said police are attempting to establish the circumstances leading up to the alleged incident, The Australian reported.

The woman made the complaint just after 9pm on Saturday, leading police to set up a crime scene at the club and seize footage from security cameras.

A sexual assault examination was also conducted on the woman that evening.

It's expected to take several days before police make a decision on whether to press charges.

The Australian says the players are believed to have arrived at the club after being evicted from two hotels, including the Story Bridge Hotel, earlier in the day.
The Broncos' drinking session followed Friday night's resounding semi-final victory over the Sydney Roosters, guaranteeing the team a home final against the Melbourne Storm next Saturday night.

The paper says concerns have been mounting within the club's management for several months over a growing drinking culture among some groups of players.

The Broncos have one of the strictest player codes of conduct for public behaviour. Four players have been axed because of drinking-related incidents.

National Rugby League chief executive David Gallop said last night the investigation was "concerning", but warned against pre-empting the police findings.

"At the moment, all I have is someone telling me about an allegation," he told the paper.

"We have no detail about what happened or who is involved but if there is an issue with regards to this matter, it is now in the hands of the police."
A Queensland police spokesman said an alleged assault at a nightclub on Saturday night is being investigated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Lockyer, how does that rap!st joke again?

hey gallop..
for starter,thats a $500,000 fine for bringing the game into disrespute..

and make prime examples of them like you did us(even if inocent) like we were..

you set the precident with us..

now you sweep all others under the table

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty eh, Brisbane supporters?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It could all be absolutely nothing and it could be terrible treatment and abuse towards a woman.

It could be a small grope or it could be a gang raping.

We don't know anything and I know I'm not going to comment or let my mind wander too much until more evidence or facts come to light as there have been plenty of instances of attention or money seeking women trying this thing on and making stuff like this up as well as idiot footballers who treat women like sh*t and do this sort of thing and worse.

So until then its innocent until proven guilty in my eyes.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It should be innocent till proven guilty...

Wish i knew why Gallop didnt give us that benefit though

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Grr and i had to sit with a lot of the broncos supporters on Fri Night

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
If guilty i hope the full force of the law comes on to them.

If not then its just another stupid incident that ruins the name of our game

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Im sure the broncos will act accordingly and give these players harsh penalties

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what the hell were these idiots doing out on the piss during the finals season? idiots.

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
dont know why everyone is happy lets asume its
hannet or ennis i hope not but if they are 2 they will not be
bulldogs

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Like most have said, the players get the benefit of the doubt of being innocent till proven guilty.

With the Broncos giving the sack to Costigan, Te Reo, Lacey and Seymour in off-field related incidents in recent times, I wonder if they will do the same if it is a big profile player involved..

Status
Not open for further replies.