Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes Corey did say fuck you lol.!!

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the 3 big issues are his running style, leg drive and lack of late footwork. He seems to just run it straight at the defender despite lacking the pure mass of a big c***, he also doesn't seem well balanced/braced for contact and the defenders just easily fold him. If he does manage to withstand the impact he then lacks the leg drive to support himself and either push through the contact or push away from the defender and get an offload away.

Anyway there's a few things they can defenitely work on during the off/preseason, just a little disappointing because a player on his coin should already be capable of certain things
That's a good observation, there's a big difference between footwork and late footwork especially for forwards. He's good at charging into the line at full speed but the post contact metres need work

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If another team scored a try against us like that you would be wringing your head off! It wasn't a try! It was a double movement!!!
no that was momentum in my eyes!! anyway great game by Thompson

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even if this is true or not... Still doesn't change the fact that you were wrong about Pay being better than Holbrook lol
When did I ever say that?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like i said from the start Thompson is not a bash and barge player he would be better suited as an edge player in the Nrl.
Barrett will have him running good lines and offloading next year.

Last edited:

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like i said from the start Thompson is not a bash and barge player he's an edge player.
Barrett will have him running good lines and offloading next year.
I've watched abit of him in ESL and to be honest I've never really seen any of that in his game, he's drifted wider at certain stages but I've never really seen a genuine offloading game, he wasn't really a bash and barge player because he routinely ran straight through some pretty mediocre defence which is common over there

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just another day on TK :-).
Yeah. Ill admit it, I do it aswell, no matter how good a player I think is not up to it plays. Ill either wait untill they play crap or begrudgingly give them a wrap.

People are funny sometimes lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah. Ill admit it, I do it aswell, no matter how good a player I think is not up to it plays. Ill either wait untill they play crap or begrudgingly give them a wrap.

People are funny sometimes lol.
Wait. Actually quantifying and owning a position?? That’s NOT an ordinary day on TK :-).

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've watched abit of him in ESL and to be honest I've never really seen any of that in his game, he's drifted wider at certain stages but I've never really seen a genuine offloading game, he wasn't really a bash and barge player because he routinely ran straight through some pretty mediocre defence which is common over there
Yeah its a whole different game here then the esl he's not strong enough or big enough to be through the middle.
He's greatest attribute is his leg speed,with the right coach players can be transformed in using their skill sets.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion this guy will never be fully liked by TK, no matter how he plays. It will always be something lol.
No late footwork, no offload, no tackle breaking ability...oh how exciting

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott is on about half the money Thompson is and was one of our best prior to his injury. Weird comparison, tbh.
I'm not comparing the two that way.

I'm comparing them in the way that it doesn't matter what Elliot does, ill always be an ass or begrudgingly give him his dues.

Just like Thompson, you watch next year if he plays well he will still be shit on. That was the comparison.