News Thompson (2-3weeks) & Waddell (1 week) cited

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He fought the last one. He fought the biting charge too
gouging

with each transgression - rightly suspended or not - he at some point will become a significant burden

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True but either way the loading is what the problem with the system is. We keep accepting early pleas for Thompson and they still give him massive charges the next time.

That should be a one week suspension at worst even if Ivan Milat did it.
He got charged with a grade 1 though and they are very hard to get off. His record is already fucked anyway so I think there’s little point taking that into the thinking with this one. Just have him playing in round 1 next year is the most important thing now.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wasn’t fortunate to see it… does the charge fit the crime?

Coopdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone is watching fox now but Anasta just defended Thompson massively and said it’s absolutely ridiculous, saying we are going to force him out of rugby league because of these stupid rules, and there is nothing he could’ve done to avoid it. Hopefully it’s heard because it really is sad what the game has come to.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
fucking clowns now running the nrl, the match review committee is a complete embarrassment to the whole of the nrl

is luke patton still on the match review committee

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's actros trying to defend him now. That's 10 weeks missed this year. Plus 1 already for next year. Which clubs were after him again?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He got charged with a grade 1 though and they are very hard to get off. His record is already fucked anyway so I think there’s little point taking that into the thinking with this one. Just have him playing in round 1 next year is the most important thing now.
We might not even see him play round one. Gus was already weighing things up. Each suspension makes it more likely that he'll be shopped around if he can find better value for money elsewhere.

I like Thompson and he's been unlucky at times but at the end of the day we can't pay that much to someone who misses half the season through suspension.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson is a massive liability, seriously fuck him off already. He doesn't have the discipline to play in the NRL. He is a selfish **** who doesn't learn from his already many indescritions. Enough is enough. We are paying this flog to sit on the sidelines and take a massive chunk of the cap.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told you all there is no coming back for the nrl from this… they have well and truly dug themselves a huge hole these past 2 seasons especially 2021
Only those who hate us and a few idiots will continue to believe in the NRL Anyone with an ounce of sence will see that the NRL stooges just don't want us to be a successfull club ever again.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Going off other charges seems about right... He wrestled himself into that crusher. Shouldn't be more than two though.

How does Waddell get suspended? Are hair pulls 1 week or just a fine?
Only if the player is the darling of the league....can't have his hair getting messed up. Yes it was unnecessary and stupid but honestly worthy of a week on the sidelines? get real....

Valentine Holmes on the other hand gets NOTHING by way of suspension for his effort...

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously they’re obviously trying to rub Thompson out of the game, he might as well pack up and head back to super league now.....NRL way to soft now for a player like him

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not defending the crusher situations but it is quite often the fault of the player being tackled that they get in the position for a crusher type tackle to take place. You see them backing into the tackler and what is the tackler supposed to do ? Not complete the tackle ,Let them go and allow them to offload? It is taking away the defenders right to make a tackle.
You can guarantee that anything that looks like a situation developing in that way, the tackled player will grab their neck and lay on the ground to let the bunker have a look at it....

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care about a still image, the video shows way more. I saw the Thompson one during the game and knew he would cop a charge for it, most players would.
Mate, have a look how much strain is on his neck there. Still image or not, that's way worse.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are coming last so no one really cares if we have a player or 3 rubbed out.

These rules have the potential to rob teams in the semi finals of their best players for non intentional minor indiscretions - I guess it’s a double edged sword with guys like Vlandys because his very large EGO will see him continue to double down on his decision good bad or ugly!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone is watching fox now but Anasta just defended Thompson massively and said it’s absolutely ridiculous, saying we are going to force him out of rugby league because of these stupid rules, and there is nothing he could’ve done to avoid it. Hopefully it’s heard because it really is sad what the game has come to.
Unfortunately the people who run the NRL never admit they have gotten something wrong.They are ruining the game with their constant modification of the rules and the interpretations that are different for every player depending on their standing in the game. It would not matter one bit what anyone says ........