News Thompson (2-3weeks) & Waddell (1 week) cited

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With Elliott, Thompson, Waddell and the two Raiders gone it's another extremely under strength team to face Turbo again and that ain't going to be pretty........
Defenitely skipping this game again lol

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One of the major problems with the crusher tackles is that players back into a tackle and they put themselves into a compromising position. Id like to see leniency on the tackler when the ball runner does. Teams are now doing this on purpose to get penalties. Id like too see play on when this occurs and that would hopefully alleviate this from the game. It is just another area where the coaches are exploiting the new rules.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to be "That Guy" but what is the point of having an undisciplined player who can't be relied upon to not get himself constantly suspended?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With Elliott, Thompson, Waddell and the two Raiders gone it's another extremely under strength team to face Turbo again and that ain't going to be pretty........
Unfortunately Spoonman I don't think it ever was .....going to be pretty that is....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of the major problems with the crusher tackles is that players back into a tackle and they put themselves into a compromising position. Id like to see leniency on the tackler when the ball runner does. Teams are now doing this on purpose to get penalties. Id like too see play on when this occurs and that would hopefully alleviate this from the game. It is just another area where the coaches are exploiting the new rules.
Agree mate. You can see what is going through a players mind when they think they can get a penalty out of it. However unfortunately the spin that the NRL puts on this and high shots is it is the responsibility of the tackler to make sure things don't go wrong and that is not 100% fair. We saw a tackle from Ava on the weekend where the bloke was so close to the ground and in that normal instance where the tackle started it would not have been a problem but because of that player falling lower it was.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

You've then got the embarrassing decision by the MRC to impose a one-match suspension on Canterbury's Corey Waddell for contrary conduct. The winger (OOPS) was put on report for pulling on Kalyn Ponga's headgear and he's been banned. That'll do me!

Most people watching would have said, penalty sufficient; move on, but not the NRL.

The Continuous Call Team's Darryl Brohman let fly at the MRC decision to suspend Corey Waddell, describing the penalty as "ludicrous" and listeners to 2GB also vented their frustration by labelling it another "pedantic overreaction" from the NRL.

Always a Bulldog

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You've then got the embarrassing decision by the MRC to impose a one-match suspension on Canterbury's Corey Waddell for contrary conduct. The winger (OOPS) was put on report for pulling on Kalyn Ponga's headgear and he's been banned. That'll do me!

Most people watching would have said, penalty sufficient; move on, but not the NRL.

The Continuous Call Team's Darryl Brohman let fly at the MRC decision to suspend Corey Waddell, describing the penalty as "ludicrous" and listeners to 2GB also vented their frustration by labelling it another "pedantic overreaction" from the NRL.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah, it pretty much shows me the NRL are picking on us & are out of touch with their fans, although I seem to think the clubs have most of the fans & the NRL just a few.

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All I want to know is if Munster does it in the finals, will he be charged?