This season could be the worst ever!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yup it has been the worst ever cos it is the most disappointing ever!!!

Cant believe we have lost so many games with such a roster and big name players..... all the games we lost we got smashed.... the few we won were bad plays from opposition.

2010 is certainly the worst ever!!
we lost alot of games by small margins, not big margins as you say. there were fewer losses by large scores

while it's a disappointing season, 'the worst ever' would come down to the individual

on your criteria, of quality of squad, then 2003 would be the worst ever in some people's eyes, because we had a squad far superior to what we have now, yet didn't even make the GF

each to their own really
;)

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In 08 we had excuses we had a shocking injury run, Players leaving in the offseason, Players leaving in the back end of the season etc, This year we have no excuses has to be one of the worst in the last 10 years bar the salary cap rort.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way, 2008 was far worse. There was a lot more emotion and BS going on then. In fact 2002 was worse still. going all the way to a few weeks from the finals as the supreme team and cruising to a premiership, only to have all our points taken. This year is just a bad season, not a nightmare.

Next near i feel better about. Barba will kill it at FB. I reckon we will have eastwood back and some other good buys have happened already. I think the team will have a better combo next year. This year Patten is shot and our best attacker is playing out of position (Barba)
Barba hasn't been playing 5/8th?

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba is not a 5/8.
Of course he is, always has been and always will be. I'd really like to know why you don't think he's a 5/8th and what position would you play him at.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Of course he is, always has been and always will be. I'd really like to know why you don't think he's a 5/8th and what position would you play him at.
Hes wasted at 5/8, he spends most of his day standing still passing the ball as soon as he gets it. Fullback is where you will see him in 2011, and he will thrive there with lots of room to move. Not fussed about his defence as who he is replacing has no defence this year anyway so it wont be worse.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes wasted at 5/8, he spends most of his day standing still passing the ball as soon as he gets it. Fullback is where you will see him in 2011, and he will thrive there with lots of room to move. Not fussed about his defence as who he is replacing has no defence this year anyway so it wont be worse.
As do a lot of 5/8th's, hell even Terry Campese who has played Test and Origin football has been criticized for doing that very same thing all year for the Raiders this season. It's something you have to put up with when trying to develop a young player like Barba, you can't expect the finished product at 21 years old.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Any season in which you lose to the Knights twice is an extremely poor season.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
we lost alot of games by small margins, not big margins as you say. there were fewer losses by large scores

while it's a disappointing season, 'the worst ever' would come down to the individual

on your criteria, of quality of squad, then 2003 would be the worst ever in some people's eyes, because we had a squad far superior to what we have now, yet didn't even make the GF

each to their own really
;)
How can 2003 be the worst when we had a bad day in a sudden death round it was just another disappointing semi final loss with a squad far superior ...... in 2010 we had a squad with no major injuries through out the year and favourite to win the premiership at the start of the season, but yet several pathetic performances....

2008 wasnt disappointing cos nothing was expected from that team.

2010 was the team of 2009 but the performance of 2008.... thats why it is the most disappointing ever.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How can 2003 be the worst when we had a bad day in a sudden death round it was just another disappointing semi final loss with a squad far superior ...... in 2010 we had a squad with no major injuries through out the year and favourite to win the premiership at the start of the season, but yet several pathetic performances....

2010 was the team of 2009 but the performance of 2008.... thats why it is the most disappointing ever.
No Major injuries.....you better go back and look at that hey. We had some.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
No Major injuries.....you better go back and look at that hey. We had some.
Ok... major injuries....Hannant and Roberts.

Do you want me tell you how many major injuries teams like Warriors, Broncos, Tigers, Manly had.... and where they ar at on the table?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ok... major injuries....Hannant and Roberts.

Do you want me tell you how many major injuries teams like Warriors, Broncos, Tigers, Manly had.... and where they ar at on the table?
Roberts loss was huge. So was Hannants to a lesser degree. When Hannant was out we had no go forward, Roberts being out caused a lot of trying other players at 5/8 and an unsettled team postionally most of the year. If we had Roberts all year, barba off the bench, idris in teh back row since round 1, i think we would have faired better.

Now Roberts is back but its too late to get the combos working again after he was out so long. Kevin doesnt seem to know what to do with Barba till next year either. Same here. He wont be his best till hes FB

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

if you don't have the intelligence to work out the simple logic of what i said, forget it

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
To be honest i am not all that confident that 2011 will be very different, our squad will basically be the same as this year, with the exception of 2 maybe 3 players (keating and hodkinson are nothing special).

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
same could be said about you...
not at all

i stated i understood where you were coming from, but just because that's your belief, doesn't mean everyone else is going to agree just because you mentioned a few valid points

i also gave a different example with valid points

just because you don't agree with them doesn't make it wrong and doesn't mean you're right, just because you say so and you don't agree

so, going back to my original post - it's up to the individual of what they believe is the worst season, not what YOU perceive it to be because you don't agree with them

simple

there are many examples of **** seasons. how the **** does anyone differentiate between personal opinions

it's like comparing legends of different eras

waste of time trying to argue what is worst

again - personal opinion

that is all
;)

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I take my sentiments back.

You were right zeedog. 2010 is definitely a lot worse than 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.