This season could be the worst ever!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
This season looks like the way it is going , to be worse than 2008. Here are some of the reasons why:

- we are not playing terribly bad as we were in the first few games and have started to dominate the stats in terms of possession , meters, tackles, etc , but still we are getting beaten 12 +

- we had our full squad (with exception of few injuries) for last 9 games with top quality players (same as last year who almost won the minor premiership) and yet we can only put 3 wins.

-If a team like Broncos can come back and put back to back wins against two top quality sides after getting thrashed for the first 7 games due to injuries, we can't even come close to winning with our almost full squad with a 14 day break against a team which was playing its 3rd game in last 8 days.

The way we are going I dont think we would be able to make top 8 and hence the most disappointing season ever for me...worse than 08

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You're not far off zeedog.

You notice how these games are kind of reminding you of our games in 2008 post-SBW??

We would put in a good performance for 10-20 minutes or so, then just collapse for the rest of the game.

Even though we don't end up getting smashed by 50, we're still following that pathetic trend of putting in effort for the first 20 minutes, then dying in the ass for the rest of the game.

2010 is not looking to be our season. I'm not far from writing our year off.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
You're not far off zeedog.

You notice how these games are kind of reminding you of our games in 2008 post-SBW??

We would put in a good performance for 10-20 minutes or so, then just collapse for the rest of the game.

Even though we don't end up getting smashed by 50, we're still following that pathetic trend of putting in effort for the first 20 minutes, then dying in the ass for the rest of the game.

2010 is not looking to be our season. I'm not far from writing our year off.
No you didnt get my point..... In 08 we had crap team playing crap with key players leaving mid season, injuries and toyota cup team playing the whole first grade season...so nothing much was really expected of that team other than the spoon

On other hand this year ...we dont have any major injuries , not playing really bad, stats look good still we are getting beaten 12+ ....if this continues on and we dont make the 8 then it will be the worst ever.

With the likes of Kimmorley, Ennis, Hannant, Morris, Idris, Turner, Goodwin, Ryan, Barba, Stagg, Mickey Pea, Yileen Gordon, Patten we should finish top 4!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No you didnt get my point..... In 08 we had crap team playing crap with key players leaving mid season, injuries and toyota cup team playing the whole first grade season...so nothing much was really expected of that team other than the spoon

On other hand this year ...we dont have any major injuries , not playing really bad, stats look good still we are getting beaten 12+ ....if this continues on and we dont make the 8 then it will be the worst ever.

With the likes of Kimmorley, Ennis, Hannant, Morris, Idris, Turner, Goodwin, Ryan, Barba, Stagg, Mickey Pea, Yileen Gordon, Patten we should finish top 4!
So you're saying because we have a much better roster and we don't make the 8 - it will topple being a worse year than 2008 because we had nobody back then?

If that's what you're saying.. I guess so. I don't think it will bare the same pain though.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i honestly dont know how this season is gonna go...i mean there are times we show great positives then we just go off the tracks completely....i just hope they pick up their act asap cause before we know it it will be too late

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
So you're saying because we have a much better roster and we don't make the 8 - it will topple being a worse year than 2008 because we had nobody back then?

If that's what you're saying.. I guess so. I don't think it will bare the same pain though.
Trust me its hurting more than 08 at the moment how team is going.... continously losing games to Eels and Dragons just make me feel like killing someone when in those games we come out better in terms of stats and yet on the board we get smashed!

MikeG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They should have been written off going into the sheds 16 - 0 against a Newcastle side that was favourite for the spoon

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
zeedog - Listen to your uncle CK ....

Go have a fap and a sleep.

It'll all be clearer in the morning ...

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Trust me its hurting more than 08 at the moment how team is going.... continously losing games to Eels and Dragons just make me feel like killing someone when in those games we come out better in terms of stats and yet on the board we get smashed!
Oh losing to the Eels and Dragons has been the worst pain alright lol

Two losses in a row to both teams makes me wanna rip my hair out. They're my two most hated teams.

2008 was easily a lot more tragic though. Having our best player walk out (I know Hannant is prolly our best now too lol), and 50 point floggings only to get the spoon can never out-brighten this year.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Embarrassing...

The crap this team dishes up week in week out is pathetic, especially for a team who were pretty much the minor premiers last year..

Now i'm starting to see why SBW left in the first place, our tactics, our playing style is so outdated and the coach isn't thinking of anything new to change it, we are the most predictable, boring team on the planet.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Just another susggestion...can we put Bulldogs games on Sundays or Mondays....as I had enough of ****ey starts to weekends

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Not just losing to the Dragons, but only scoring 2 tries in 2 games against them gets to me the most.

I wouldn't say it will be the worst ever. We'll gradually pick up form, but I wouldn't have any high expectations.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Embarrassing...

The crap this team dishes up week in week out is pathetic, especially for a team who were pretty much the minor premiers last year..

Now i'm starting to see why SBW left in the first place, our tactics, our playing style is so outdated and the coach isn't thinking of anything new to change it, we are the most predictable, boring team on the planet.

As I said earlier we are not playing crap...we were in first few games but statistically we have improved a lot.....may be it is the luck factor....I am starting to believe that last year we had the talent but also we were very lucky in a lot of games we won....this year...lady luck is not on our side

Eels and Broncos have tured their seasons around.....we are still looking for a U turn

Status
Not open for further replies.