There’s a new Milkman in Town

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tom Trbojevic has taken over the mantle of the NRL’s top Milkman from Jamie Soward after his Oscar worthy flop in yesterday‘s game.

The decision left former Bulldog Michael Ennis incensed.

"It is hardly a touch from Flanagan; it is nothing more than laying a hand on him," he said in commentary for Fox Sports.

"There is no push from Flanagan … a professional foul, that is ridiculous.

"That's a tough call ... an outrageous decision. Madness."

Always a Bulldog

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Didnt think Turbo milked it much, he just fell as he ran past the ball and was scrapping for it. He was going down anyway. I think the biggest issue was the video ref calling the contact a push when it didnt seem to change any of the momentum or direction of turbo. So he had a hand on him but wasnt pushing. The video ref was the biggest problem

The decision definitely had an impact on the game. We still may have lost, but it wouldnt have been as bad. They scored twice with Flanno off.

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess. Graham Annesley will do his review this week and either omit this massive screw up, OR he'll find some way to excuse it.

"Yes it was the wrong call but these things happen. I have no direct contact with the referees, so I've referred this to Referees Boss Sutton to speak with Atkins and Buttler about, as we just need to make sure it doesn't happen again".

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo should have made the call to get Flanagan off the field 30 minutes earlier.
Yes an JR should have been on 40 mins earlier. . Gotta bring the crowd into it. We had nothing as it was as per usual.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not Turbos fault the clowns in the bunker are clueless and a complete waste of money. Back the on field ref and tell them to fekk off.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Definitely not in the same category as the Milkman. They just got tangled up as they're both sprinting back to compete for the ball. Too bad the ref/bunker don't know what common sense is. The problem with it is that it's not all that common.. Initially he asked to look for a penalty try! The standard of officiating somehow gets worse each year.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely not in the same category as the Milkman. They just got tangled up as they're both sprinting back to compete for the ball. Too bad the ref/bunker don't know what common sense is. The problem with it is that it's not all that common.. Initially he asked to look for a penalty try! The standard of officiating somehow gets worse each year.
so true, common sense isn’t that common. On top of that the bunker is always different and so is the interpretation of the rules which is stupid.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
1678081834324.png

1678081957056.png

Arms in the air screaming for a penalty is milking.

Seriously when you get pushed in the back and are heading for the ground do you throw your arms in the air? Personally I use my arms to break the fall and avoid head butting the ground. But not the Manly Milkman, he throws his arms in the air, like he's been shot in the back, and whinges.

Always a Bulldog

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The decision definitely had an impact on the game. We still may have lost, but it wouldnt have been as bad. They scored twice with Flanno off.
Agree and this is where refs get too precious and have an impact on the game. FFS it was not foul and penalty at best....but consistency in refs is harder than 6/6 Lotto/

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt think Turbo milked it much, he just fell as he ran past the ball and was scrapping for it. He was going down anyway. I think the biggest issue was the video ref calling the contact a push when it didnt seem to change any of the momentum or direction of turbo. So he had a hand on him but wasnt pushing. The video ref was the biggest problem

Have a good look acadamy award stuff !

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
View attachment 66057

View attachment 66060

Seriously when you get pushed in the back and are heading for the ground do you throw your arms in the air? Personally I use my arms to break the fall and avoid head butting the ground. But not the Manly Milkman, he throws his arms in the air, like he's been shot in the back, and whinges.

Always a Bulldog
Think you've got this completely wrong. He was obviously signalling to the ref - we're not winning so someone needs to go for 10. You can clearly see in the second photo - he's signalling to the touchie - time for a sin bin - give him 10.

Think its offensive to say this is a flop. Just a part of the modern NRL - when you're not winning and not the Bulldogs - u signal for the decision u want.

Nothing wrong with that - its in the rules.... 8-)

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 66057

View attachment 66060

Always a Bulldog
This.
It was an exaggeration and dive.
Soccer players around the world are now using the footage as training material.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a super milk, but nothing I haven't seen Ennis, Kimmorley, or other Dogs players do. And definitely not as blatant as Soward's milk.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a super milk, but nothing I haven't seen Ennis, Kimmorley, or other Dogs players do. And definitely not as blatant as Soward's milk.
Definitely, Soward‘s was a once in generation academy award winner but they give away awards every year and this one is going to hard to beat, even after only 1 round.

Always a Bulldog