Opinion Theory on Adam Elliott's constant selection.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think pay is not only incompetent and blind but a racist pig
That’s my theory
Plus Adam Elliot is a teachers pet arse licking whistle blower who gets coffee for all the coaching staff and has minimal skin left on his knees

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit of common sense applied here. Elliott is no world beater, but hes as good or even better than the other options.
If hes dropped, what player would the experts on here promote?
Oh my!
Surely a misprint or a family relative

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think pay is not only incompetent and blind but a racist pig
That’s my theory
Plus Adam Elliot is a teachers pet arse licking whistle blower who gets coffee for all the coaching staff and has minimal skin left on his knees
Accusing Pay of being racist is getting way to stupid

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN, Ogden and Toomanga
Too easy;
CHN apparently discipline issues, named in the 17, possibly time in purgatory finished.
Ogden, better for the front row off the bench for impact, not fit enough for 80 minutes in the back row.
To'Omaga, coming back from a tricky injury, being given a chance to get match fit.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Put simply there is no explanation or justification as to why Elliott is constantly picked. It's one of many reasons why he needs to be fired as soon as possible and it's staggering that the club haven't acted while Pay makes such damaging decisions each week.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Put simply there is no explanation or justification as to why Elliott is constantly picked. It's one of many reasons why he needs to be fired as soon as possible and it's staggering that the club haven't acted while Pay makes such damaging decisions each week.
My explanation, there is no one better or who isn't under disciplinary action.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Go Dogs
So you're saying all of CHN, Ogden and To'omaga have been late to training or complained to Pay? And even if true, that's a one week punishment at most, not several games like CHN and To'omaga and doesn't explain why Ogden would only play 27 minutes a game all season. And none of this justifies why Elliott plays 80 minutes a game despite making so many errors and conceding so many penalties. There are still other players in the 17 that can come on for him...

At what point does Pay have to accept responsibility for so many players having problems with this selections and tactics or ill discipline? Obviously there's a disconnect there and players need to show respect even if Pay has no clue, but Pay obviously has to stop being so stubborn and work on his communication skills while trying to get the best out of these players.

His old school my way or the highway communication methods clearly aren't working as it's alienated half the playing group and is only getting worse.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In all honesty this is what I believe
Elliott is a very good trainer who leads by example
A very passionate player who tries to do more than he is capable of on the field that often results in a miss tackles or loss of ball
In my opinion if or when get the right players around him he will florist and all the kennelers will sing his songs
100%. When we get decent players i am happy for him to be a florist. Sorry D man, couldn't resist.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
If that's the case, after sweet carolines effort last week CHN, Ogden, Martin, To'omaga & Smith must have all been very naughty at training (talking in class? passing notes? Pulling each other's hair?)

Sorry, not doubting what you're saying, I just thought the whole point was to put the players on the park that would most likely get a win. It's starting to sound like #payout is running things like kindergarten.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Since losing Klemmer we have the most low impact forward rotation in the game. Elliott is the leader of this powder puff pack.

He is the new Josh Reynolds. People admire his "passion and heart" so they overlook the fact he is reserve grade standard.

My theory is that Pay formed a strong bond over Sweet Caroline that cannot be broken.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Move over Wayne and Darius there's a new NRL power couple in town......Pay and Elliott!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you have inside info on this so called disciplinary action because you use this as an excuse for Pay and his team selections quite often
I'm very concerned about TwinT and his unsubstantiated disparaging remarks about several players as well...low blow to denigrate and allude to behavioural problems when there is no proof.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rumours of Trent Merrin...he is an Elliott clone?